It is currently: Apr 23, '24, 6:21 am

NFC Playoffs will be so much better than AFC

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

NFC Playoffs will be so much better than AFC

Postby The Legend » Dec 26, '16, 7:04 am

So now that there's only one regular season week left, the AFC not only has the six teams announced, but basically all the seeds are locked into place as well. Looking at the conference it's impossible to me that there's a realistic scenario that doesn't lead to a Pittsburgh at New England Championship game. It's so predictable and boring, not to mention two of my three least favorite teams in the conference.

In the NFC, I truly think at this point it's anybody's game and anyone that makes the playoffs will have a chance at the Super Bowl. Dallas and Atlanta at the top aren't unbeatable and everyone below them seem to be pretty even matchups, the second wild card that will have to travel to Seattle in the first round is probably the only one I'd count out and that's only a maybe to me.

All the drama of January will be coming from the NFC.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: NFC Playoffs will be so much better than AFC

Postby DBSoT » Dec 26, '16, 7:22 am

NFC may be more competitive, but the AFC has a majority of the better teams. New England, Pittsburgh and KC are all better than every team in the NFC.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Dec 27, '16, 5:22 am

DBSoT wrote:NFC may be more competitive, but the AFC has a majority of the better teams. New England, Pittsburgh and KC are all better than every team in the NFC.

NE and Pitt maybe, no way I agree with KC. Plus, since they only have to win one game anything could happen in the Super Bowl.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Dec 27, '16, 9:03 am

KC is going to have the #2 seed in the AFC. That means a home game against Pittsburgh, coming off a bye. New England is obviously tough, but not unbeatable. Outside of maybe Dallas, I can't think of one NFC team that would even come close to KC. Seattle is horribly flawed without Earl Thomas/with their o-line, Green Bay's defense is bad, Atlanta's defense is worst, New York can't run the ball, and Detroit/Washington can't beat winning teams.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Dec 27, '16, 1:43 pm

DBSoT wrote:NFC may be more competitive, but the AFC has a majority of the better teams. New England, Pittsburgh and KC are all better than every team in the NFC.

Disagree that it's that cut and dry. NE lost at home to the Seahawks. The Chiefs only barely have an offense. The Steelers have been up and down all year.

I think it's NE's Super Bowl to lose, but if it's not them, the winner comes from the NFC. There are several NFC teams I'd take for sure over the Chiefs and Steelers right now (Cowboys, Giants, Packers), and the Falcons and Seahawks are definitely capable of making noise.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to NFL