It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:49 am

How far do you see the Kansas City Chiefs going?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

How far do you see the Kansas City Chiefs going?

Postby DBSoT » Dec 09, '16, 10:53 am

So the Chiefs have now won 8 of their last 9. Those wins include a sweep of the Raiders, a undefeated record in the hardest division in football and a win over a top NFC team in Atlanta. They are now 21-4 over their last 25 games (best in football). They own the #2 seed in the AFC and possibly the #1 seed if New England falters. With that said, how far do you see them going in the playoffs? Can they finally get over the hump and make a run for the Superbowl? They are by far the most underrated of the super bowl contenders, IMO. People give Alex Smith flak for being a game manager, but he works perfectly in this offense.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: How far do you see the Kansas City Chiefs going?

Postby Everlong » Dec 09, '16, 1:02 pm

I don't see them getting any farther than the AFC Championship, assuming they even get that far. I don't see them going into Foxborough and winning in January.

The Raiders still have a path to a divisional title as well. With the Chiefs playing Denver in a couple weeks, things are going to get really interesting. The Raiders have already beaten the Broncos this year, too. It's gonna be a crazy final few weeks in the AFC West.

But yeah if I were measuring surprise on a scale of 1-10, I'd be at about an 8.5 if someone other than the Patriots represents the AFC in the Super Bowl.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Dec 09, '16, 1:04 pm

Also, I would disagree with them being the most underrated Super Bowl contender. I think that title goes to the Giants. Nobody is talking about them AT ALL. They can hang with any team that's going to be in the playoffs, in either conference.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Dec 09, '16, 1:48 pm

Kansas City and Oakland have pretty similar schedules down the stretch. Both have major games against Denver looming. However, Denver plays Oakland at home and Kansas City on the road. I would say based on that, KC has the edge in terms of winning the division. Oakland will have to win out to jump KC, assuming KC wins 1 of its last 3 games (highly likely). I honestly, don't see KC losing another game in the regular season. The Chiefs already won in Denver and that was with a healthy CJ Anderson. In terms of a Superbowl run, the fear of New England is always real.

I can agree that New York is up there in terms of underrated teams, but I don't know about them hanging with anyone in the either conference. Who have they beat this season? I will give them week 1 against Dallas, but that was Dak and Zeke's first NFL regular season game. I will also give them Baltimore, but against other potential playoff teams they have faltered. The got crushed by Pittsburgh, lost to Minnesota (when the Vikings were playing well) and lost to the Packers (right before the Packers losing skid). Sunday will be a good barometer of how good they are, when they face a more developed Dallas team. The Giant did just lose JPP, which is major hit as well. Right now, I wouldn't bet on any teams other than

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Dec 09, '16, 11:36 pm

I can honestly see this Chiefs team go to the Super Bowl. The only other team is New England and their defense doesn't seem to good anymore without Jamie Collins. That Chiefs defense is playing so good right now and that offense is doing just enough to win them games.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '16, 7:23 am

I think they are likely out in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. I've believed all year that the AFC Championship Game will be New England vs Pittsburgh and I haven't seen anything different this season. I'm not convinced they will hold onto the AFC West and even if they do, I would still say Oakland stands a better chance of being a surprise team than KC.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Dec 10, '16, 9:33 am

The same Pittsburgh team that lost by double digits to Philly and Miami? They have played better recently, but there defense still needs work and they are one AB injury away from irrelevancy. Also there is virtually no shot Oakland jumps KC in the division. The Raiders would have to win out.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '16, 12:33 pm

DBSoT wrote:The same Pittsburgh team that lost by double digits to Philly and Miami? They have played better recently, but there defense still needs work and they are one AB injury away from irrelevancy. Also there is virtually no shot Oakland jumps KC in the division. The Raiders would have to win out.

Pittsburgh is totally different with Ben back now than they were when they lost to Miami with Landry Jones and the Philly team that beat Pittsburgh was beating everyone. Every NFL team is one injury away from irrelevancy as well.

As for Oakland, they have three games left. San Diego and Indy both suck, those should be wins. They already beat Denver once this season. The Chiefs could lose either of those next two games easily.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Dec 10, '16, 2:01 pm

KC schedule: Tennessee, Denver, at San Diego

Oakland schedule: at San Diego, Indy, at Denver

Those are basically the same schedules besides KC having an additional game at home. Oakland can't just tie KC, they have to jump them. I just don't see KC losing the division lead.

Big Ben threw 34 passes in that Miami game. He played enough to make a difference in the score. Pittsburgh has potential to make a run, but they aren't even guaranteed to make the playoffs.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to NFL