It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:48 am

Bridgewater might not commit to draft..

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Bridgewater might not commit to draft..

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Dec 13, '13, 9:51 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... louisville

I hope he stays so I can shit all over the Texans franchise.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Re: Bridgewater might not commit to draft..

Postby HFX » Dec 13, '13, 11:47 pm

Houston could still draft Tajh Boyd, who I think is the best QB available in this draft or next.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby The Legend » Dec 14, '13, 5:25 am

HFX wrote:Houston could still draft Tajh Boyd, who I think is the best QB available in this draft or next.

Tajh Boyd is not the best QB in this draft, he may not even be in the top 5, a completely inaccurate passer.

As for this news, this is incredibly disappointing and troublesome. Not because I actually think he'd be there when the Browns draft, but because it's just another name that is coming off the board which shrinks the possible talent pool for teams looking for a quarterback of which there are many.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Dec 14, '13, 9:42 am

I wouldn't take Tajh Boyd in the first 3 rounds.

I seriously doubt he stays. There is absolutely no reason for him to stay unless he thinks he can make Louisville a National Championship contending team with their move to the ACC.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Dec 14, '13, 10:53 am

The Legend wrote:
HFX wrote:Houston could still draft Tajh Boyd, who I think is the best QB available in this draft or next.

Tajh Boyd is not the best QB in this draft, he may not even be in the top 5, a completely inaccurate passer.

As for this news, this is incredibly disappointing and troublesome. Not because I actually think he'd be there when the Browns draft, but because it's just another name that is coming off the board which shrinks the possible talent pool for teams looking for a quarterback of which there are many.

I really don't see the Texans passing on Bridgewater if he's available. They're one solid QB away from dominating their division again.

Additionally, I have a hard time believing Bridgewater would stay when his draft stock can ONLY go down at the moment.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 14, '13, 10:58 am

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I really don't see the Texans passing on Bridgewater if he's available. They're one solid QB away from dominating their division again.

Additionally, I have a hard time believing Bridgewater would stay when his draft stock can ONLY go down at the moment.

Matt Leinert, Andrew Luck and a few others have done it so it isn't totally unprecedented.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Dec 14, '13, 11:07 am

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Matt Leinert, Andrew Luck and a few others have done it so it isn't totally unprecedented.

Yeah true, but they were coming back to championship contenders. Even with Bridgewater, Louisville doesn't have a prayer at a national title.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » Dec 14, '13, 12:02 pm

^^^ True, but you also can't eliminate the human element of it all. These guys are still people and Bridgewater might just enjoy the college life enough that he doesn't want to give that up just yet.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Dec 14, '13, 5:11 pm

The Legend wrote:^^^ True, but you also can't eliminate the human element of it all. These guys are still people and Bridgewater might just enjoy the college life enough that he doesn't want to give that up just yet.

Yeah that's fair also, god only knows how many times I've wished I could go back to college :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 16, '13, 10:39 am

The other thing he might be staying for is... where would he go right now? Who is int he market for a QB in the draft? Steelers were rumored to be parting ways with Big Ben but that died out. At the very least I think he stays around another year. The Browns have had like five QB's this year, I would say they MAY be in the market but my guess would be they might be interested in Cousins (who I think the Skins will shop). Texans are another team that will be looking at QB's but again they may go with a vet. Titans have Locker and he is their man when he is healthy. Maybe Oakland but I think they are happy with McGloin and not ready to give up on Pryor. So of the AFC teams you have what? Texans MAYBE looking for a rookie QB to start? The NFC doesn't look much better for starters. Tampa seems happy with Glennon. I'm thinking the Rams know Bradford is no longer a long term solution but they would be an outside chance for a 1st round QB right now. Vikings? Cassell should never be the answer but for now he will do. I guess if they could get someone for the right draft price they would be my money is on FA for them. There are teams like KC or Arizona who may want to improve on what they have but I don't see them drafting a day 1 starter. I just think Teddy wants to be that day 1 starter and I am not sure this is the right time for that.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Dec 16, '13, 1:06 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:The other thing he might be staying for is... where would he go right now? Who is int he market for a QB in the draft? Steelers were rumored to be parting ways with Big Ben but that died out. At the very least I think he stays around another year. The Browns have had like five QB's this year, I would say they MAY be in the market but my guess would be they might be interested in Cousins (who I think the Skins will shop). Texans are another team that will be looking at QB's but again they may go with a vet. Titans have Locker and he is their man when he is healthy. Maybe Oakland but I think they are happy with McGloin and not ready to give up on Pryor. So of the AFC teams you have what? Texans MAYBE looking for a rookie QB to start? The NFC doesn't look much better for starters. Tampa seems happy with Glennon. I'm thinking the Rams know Bradford is no longer a long term solution but they would be an outside chance for a 1st round QB right now. Vikings? Cassell should never be the answer but for now he will do. I guess if they could get someone for the right draft price they would be my money is on FA for them. There are teams like KC or Arizona who may want to improve on what they have but I don't see them drafting a day 1 starter. I just think Teddy wants to be that day 1 starter and I am not sure this is the right time for that.

This is just incredibly wrong and inaccurate, if he comes out, going down the draft order list:

Houston would make Bridgewater the #1 pick right now to be their new QB, Minnesota isn't going to stick with Cassel, they will move on, Jacksonville will definitely move on, Cleveland is going to move on, Tennessee is going to move on, the Jets might give up on Geno after this year, Arizona would be smart to move past Carson Palmer and Cincinnati might look for a possible replacement for Dalton if they flame out in their first playoff game again.

That's eight teams that might all give Bridgewater the chance to start from Day One as you said. Quarterback play in the NFL right now is horrific once you get past the first roughly five teams and the other 27 or so teams would all give their right arm to find a true solution to the problem.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 16, '13, 2:58 pm

The Legend wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:The other thing he might be staying for is... where would he go right now? Who is int he market for a QB in the draft? Steelers were rumored to be parting ways with Big Ben but that died out. At the very least I think he stays around another year. The Browns have had like five QB's this year, I would say they MAY be in the market but my guess would be they might be interested in Cousins (who I think the Skins will shop). Texans are another team that will be looking at QB's but again they may go with a vet. Titans have Locker and he is their man when he is healthy. Maybe Oakland but I think they are happy with McGloin and not ready to give up on Pryor. So of the AFC teams you have what? Texans MAYBE looking for a rookie QB to start? The NFC doesn't look much better for starters. Tampa seems happy with Glennon. I'm thinking the Rams know Bradford is no longer a long term solution but they would be an outside chance for a 1st round QB right now. Vikings? Cassell should never be the answer but for now he will do. I guess if they could get someone for the right draft price they would be my money is on FA for them. There are teams like KC or Arizona who may want to improve on what they have but I don't see them drafting a day 1 starter. I just think Teddy wants to be that day 1 starter and I am not sure this is the right time for that.

This is just incredibly wrong and inaccurate, if he comes out, going down the draft order list:

Houston would make Bridgewater the #1 pick right now to be their new QB, Minnesota isn't going to stick with Cassel, they will move on, Jacksonville will definitely move on, Cleveland is going to move on, Tennessee is going to move on, the Jets might give up on Geno after this year, Arizona would be smart to move past Carson Palmer and Cincinnati might look for a possible replacement for Dalton if they flame out in their first playoff game again.

That's eight teams that might all give Bridgewater the chance to start from Day One as you said. Quarterback play in the NFL right now is horrific once you get past the first roughly five teams and the other 27 or so teams would all give their right arm to find a true solution to the problem.

Did you read what I wrote? Because half the teams you mentioned, were teams I said would like to improve.

There is no way Jets are dropping Geno or Cinci is dropping the Ginger Head Man. No way. Same goes for Tennessee, Locker was looking very strong until he was injured. Arizona, Cleveland, and Houston will all be looking for the right price (I never said none of those teams want him, I did say they will be looking to improve on their situations) same for Minnesota. The problem with the Vikings is they need a lot more help then a QB is going to give them. I don't think they use a pick on a first round QB this year. As for Jacksonville, never said they wouldn't be interested in him but they are like Minnesota and have a lot bigger problems then one QB. I'm sure he would be taken by both Houston and Jacksonville. But why the hell would he want to play in either of those cities?

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Messiah » Dec 16, '13, 4:18 pm

How is there "no way" that New York gives up on Geno Smith? He is arguably the worst quarterback in the NFL and was only a second round pick - there is no reason for them to be committed to him. No different than the Carolina and Jimmy Clausen situation. The only reason I foresee New York not drafting a quarterback is due to draft position. Had they not overachieved and were drafting in the top five, they definitely would be in play for a quarterback. New York would be idiotic to pass up on the opportunity to draft Teddy Bridgewater.

Tennessee has already given up on Locker. I will travel to the coldest part of the world and run around in the nude if Munchak returns as head coach next season. There is no commitment to an injury-prone QB whose play on the field doesn't merit keeping him around and settling with his injuries.

Minnesota? A lot more help? Like where? Everything on the offense outside of quarterback is fine. A solid offensive line, Adrian Peterson, and a very good receiving core. Defensively, there are issues in the secondary but QB comes first and foremost. There is no way in hell Minnesota would pass up on an opportunity for Bridgewater. Same goes for Arizona, although they won't have much of a realistic opportunity, Cleveland (why in the world would they pass up on Bridgewater?), and Houston.

But why the hell would he want to play in either of those cities?

What is wrong with Jacksonville and Houston?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Dec 16, '13, 7:45 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
The Legend wrote:

There is no way Jets are dropping Geno or Cinci is dropping the Ginger Head Man. No way. Same goes for Tennessee, Locker was looking very strong until he was injured. Arizona, Cleveland, and Houston will all be looking for the right price (I never said none of those teams want him, I did say they will be looking to improve on their situations) same for Minnesota. The problem with the Vikings is they need a lot more help then a QB is going to give them. I don't think they use a pick on a first round QB this year. As for Jacksonville, never said they wouldn't be interested in him but they are like Minnesota and have a lot bigger problems then one QB. I'm sure he would be taken by both Houston and Jacksonville. But why the hell would he want to play in either of those cities?

New York is an incredibly fast tracked and urgent change market. I have no doubt to sell tickets they wouldn't improve their QB situation if it is possible in any way. Cincy feels like they are a Super Bowl contender and the only thing that may hold them back is QB play, if Dalton has a bad game and they lose in the first round they won't want to waste any more time on the talent they have around the QB and will make a change. Locker's contract is up I believe and they have not seen nearly enough to re-sign him to a long term deal.

Minnesota and Jacksonville do need more than a quarterback, although the Jaguar defense is on the rise. The thing is you are short changing just how much of an impact QB in today's NFL actually means. Look at Indy before they brought in Luck, at Denver when they brought in Manning, at Kansas City when they brought in Alex Smith. If you can bring in a quarterback that can make a difference like I believe Bridgewater is it could be a sharp turnaround.

Why wouldn't you want to play quarterback in Houston or Jacksonville? It makes you AN NFL STARTING QUARTERBACK. That's something only 32 people in the world can claim. Who the hell cares what city it happens to be you play eight times over a four month period? Even if you don't want to live there, you can set your family up wherever you want and just have a bachelor's pad for in the season.

World Champion
World Champion

Return to NFL