It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 3:46 pm

Squared Circle Fantasy Football - SILVER LEAGUE Discussion

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Re: Squared Circle Fantasy Football - SILVER LEAGUE Discussion

Postby The Legend » Aug 17, '15, 8:19 am

SortaCreative wrote:So, how valuable are rookies in Fantasy?

Cos, I have some rookies that are ranked highly on lists and articles but... yeah. I need points not potential.

Rookies are hard to gauge. Like you said, you don't get to keep your guys past this year, so long-term potential doesn't mean much. Some rookies break out right away, some don't. It largely depends on the situation they are coming into. Will they get full starter opportunity? Are they coming into a position with good talent around them (re: quarterback)?

That's what makes fantasy so challenging and fun.

Gurley and Coleman are both talented running backs, that if they stay healthy could be big time contibutors. Coleman's in a bit more crowded of a backfield, so Gurley is the more sure-fire bet. Your biggest problem is that both of those guys are injured right now and might miss games early in the regular season. Gurley has an ACL problem and Coleman has a pulled hamstring, both are tricky injuries for runners.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby The Legend » Aug 17, '15, 8:24 am

@SortaCreative

I've gotta say you've got one of the best auto-drafted teams I've ever seen. You are a little thin at RB, but our league is a little more emphasis on the passing game anyhow. Your biggest challenge will be health at RB and TE so you have good matchup options, but you could be pretty dangerous this year.

World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby SortaCreative » Aug 17, '15, 8:32 am

The Legend wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:So, how valuable are rookies in Fantasy?

Cos, I have some rookies that are ranked highly on lists and articles but... yeah. I need points not potential.

Rookies are hard to gauge. Like you said, you don't get to keep your guys past this year, so long-term potential doesn't mean much. Some rookies break out right away, some don't. It largely depends on the situation they are coming into. Will they get full starter opportunity? Are they coming into a position with good talent around them (re: quarterback)?

That's what makes fantasy so challenging and fun.

Gurley and Coleman are both talented running backs, that if they stay healthy could be big time contibutors. Coleman's in a bit more crowded of a backfield, so Gurley is the more sure-fire bet. Your biggest problem is that both of those guys are injured right now and might miss games early in the regular season. Gurley has an ACL problem and Coleman has a pulled hamstring, both are tricky injuries for runners.

As far as I can tell, Gurley seems better than Tre Mason and would likely start if he's healthy. I can't speak to the quality of the Rams in general but as far as those two go, I think i'd keep Gurley around. That's my reading of it atleast, this is probably the third season i'll have watched properly :P

Which means i'm looking to maybe drop or trade away Coleman and trade Kaepernick (because he and Luck are on bye week 10).

The Legend wrote:@SortaCreative

I've gotta say you've got one of the best auto-drafted teams I've ever seen. You are a little thin at RB, but our league is a little more emphasis on the passing game anyhow. Your biggest challenge will be health at RB and TE so you have good matchup options, but you could be pretty dangerous this year.

Yeah - it's partly by design and partly just pure luck and Yahoo (i'd say a 20/80 split in favour of Yahoo :P). So last year I made the mistake of going for players that I knew and opting to draft one or two big names rather than a nice spread with a few outlying stars. This year when I looked people up and made myself a list I had quite a wide variety of decent players. Luckily for me in the draft I was able to pick up Luck/Kaepernick and a nice selection of wide receivers. I think the mistake I made was that my auto pick list wasn't nearly long enough so it reverted back to the Yahoo list and I ended up with few options at RB and TE. And also two defensive teams.

So if someone's looking for a decent QB hit me up.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Aug 17, '15, 11:14 am

Good luck trying to trade away Kaepernick for another QB.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Aug 17, '15, 11:27 am

The Legend wrote:Good luck trying to trade away Kaepernick for another QB.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm :lol

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Aug 17, '15, 11:41 am

SortaCreative wrote:
The Legend wrote:Good luck trying to trade away Kaepernick for another QB.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm :lol

Kaep is probably a bottom tier fantasy starter. You'd need to package him well to offload him.

Your best bets in terms of fantasy QBs are (in no order)

Rodgers
Luck
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
Wilson
Manning (maybe, could be iffy this year)
Rivers
Romo
Stafford
Newton
Sometimes Eli

I'd for sure take all those guys over Kaep when it comes to fantasy. Maybe some others I'm forgetting too.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby SortaCreative » Aug 17, '15, 11:44 am

Oh, yeah. No I get that. I just have him, I have another QB anyway. I have Luck

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Aug 17, '15, 12:03 pm

SortaCreative wrote:Oh, yeah. No I get that. I just have him, I have another QB anyway. I have Luck

Yeah, just ride Luck. When it comes time for the bye week, I'd say just drop Kaep and sign a QB that has a good first half of the year and is showing some good things. You don't have to solve a bye week issue before the season starts.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby UTK » Aug 18, '15, 8:18 am

My team isn't fantastic, but I'm hoping that Rodgers makes up for every other one of my picks.

You're going down in Week 1, @GNR.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Postby The Legend » Aug 18, '15, 8:40 am

UTK wrote:My team isn't fantastic, but I'm hoping that Rodgers makes up for every other one of my picks.

You're going down in Week 1, @GNR.

A couple years ago I had a bad team that won consistently just because Peyton Manning was breaking records left and right.

You should also win at tight end almost every week. The big question will be can your backs and receivers stay healthy.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby CubsIn5 » Aug 19, '15, 7:01 am

Can we get a list of which user is which team? That'd be neat. For now I'm the ForteYearOldVirgins

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby The Legend » Aug 19, '15, 10:13 am

I'm Lava Lava Bear Hug.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Aug 19, '15, 4:19 pm

Alright, I am officially on the market for wide receiver help. Anyone interested in making an offer I'm all ears.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Aug 19, '15, 5:11 pm

The Legend wrote:Alright, I am officially on the market for wide receiver help. Anyone interested in making an offer I'm all ears.

If.... you got a Running back to offer I might be tempted. I have plenty of good Wides. :chug

edit: i'm lying, I don't think I could get rid of one of mine :lol

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Aug 19, '15, 5:34 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
The Legend wrote:Alright, I am officially on the market for wide receiver help. Anyone interested in making an offer I'm all ears.

If.... you got a Running back to offer I might be tempted. I have plenty of good Wides. :chug

@SortaCreative

I've sent you a trade proposal. If you want it great, if not, decline it.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby xgamr » Aug 19, '15, 7:37 pm

Go Luck Yourself

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 20, '15, 6:23 am

Legion of Broom!

Sweeping up the competition!

:P

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby SortaCreative » Aug 20, '15, 7:08 am

The Legend wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:

@SortaCreative

I've sent you a trade proposal. If you want it great, if not, decline it.

I wouldn't have accepted anyway :P

Bernard isn't likely to start right? Where as Sanders is (if he's healthy which it looks like he should be) very likely to start.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Aug 20, '15, 1:20 pm

^^^ Bernard might not be a "starter", but he'll get plenty of touches in Cincy's offense anyways. Sanders and Bernard are likely to have very comparable production and fantasy points (since runners touch the ball more often).

World Champion
World Champion

Postby RatedRBowler » Aug 21, '15, 6:50 pm

@Everlong If it isn't too much trouble would you mind editing the OP with our team names next to our name? I think it'd be cool to know who I'm going up against every week. if everyone could keep posting your team names that'd be great! Mine is Undying Spite by the way.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

PreviousNext

Return to NFL