It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 12:58 am

Week 5 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 5 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 30, '14, 12:58 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – I was considering Cincy/NE for GOTW before the Pats got blown out. But this should be a solid game as well. Two teams that are running the ball well, the Texans are playing some great defense and then there’s the added factor of it being a Texas vs. Texas matchup. The Cowboys played some stunningly complete football against the Saints. The question is, can that defense hold up? But another question – does it even need to against the Texans, who don’t have nearly the caliber of offense that the Saints do? I’m going to go with the safe pick and say Dallas, but it should be interesting to watch. Cowboys 23, Texans 17

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Which Packers team is going to show up? Hard to say. On paper the Packers are the significantly better team, but the Vikings looked pretty solid at home against the Falcons with Bridgewater under center. I think it’s probably a bit much to pick the Vikings on the road against a divisional rival in primetime on a short week with a rookie QB. Packers 31, Vikings 20

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – The Panthers seem to be falling apart, and you never know what you’re going to get from the Bears. But my pick here is simple enough – the Panthers simply don’t have enough offense to keep up with Chicago. UPSET! – Bears 27, Panthers 16

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – The Browns are coming off a bye and are playing a bad Titans team on the road. I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of this team in the first three weeks, so I think they can even their record here. UPSET! – Browns 23, Titans 20

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – A date at home with the hapless Rams is just what the Eagles need after a heartbreaking loss in San Francisco. Eagles 30, Rams 10

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – At this point, why would anyone ever trust the Falcons on the road? The Giants are suddenly picking up some steam after an awful start to the season, and if the Falcons’ road woes continue, this one could turn ugly in a hurry. Giants 33, Falcons 24

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – The Bucs may have stolen a win from the Steelers on the road, but I don’t see them faring well in the Superdome after the Saints just suffered an embarrassing loss in primetime. Saints 37, Bucs 13

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – The Lions are looking like a force early in the season so far. They’ve combined a suffocating defense with a rock solid passing game and a steady rushing attack. The only thing getting in their way of picking up their first division title in 20 years is themselves. With the Bills moving to Kyle Orton this week, expect another victory for the upstart Lions. Lions 30, Bills 17

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Another really intriguing, game of the week potential matchup. Both these teams have shaken off some early season issues and struggles to get on a roll the last couple weeks. I’m taking the Colts with homefield advantage, but it wouldn’t be shocking to see the Ravens take this one. Colts 27, Ravens 24

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – This Jaguars team is historically bad, and the Steelers will be able to right the ship for at least a week thanks to this game. Steelers 33, Jaguars 10

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – This game would be a lot more intriguing if it was being played in Arizona. Instead, the Cardinals go on the road to a hostile environment where they’re facing a Peyton Manning who’s had two weeks to prepare for their sturdy defense. I’ll take the Broncos. Broncos 28, Cardinals 17

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – Even in victory this season, the 49ers have not particularly looked outstanding. Maybe I’m overreacting to the Chiefs’ smackdown of the Patriots, but right now they just look like they’re playing more inspired football than the Niners. UPSET! – Chiefs 23, 49ers 20

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – Philip Rivers is looking unstoppable this season, and the Chargers are starting to make people stand up and take notice. This is a team that’s definitely a contender to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this season. The Jets, on the other hand… nope. Chargers 30, Jets 12

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – When was the last time the Patriots were underdogs on their home turf in prime time? The Bengals have completely looked the part of a contender this season. The Patriots almost never lose back to back games, however. This Bengals D is going to get after Brady, but I’m going to bank on the Belichick/Brady combo pulling some sort of trick out of their sleeve to somehow get the win. UPSET! – Patriots 20, Bengals 17

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – This one could get ugly real quick. Seahawks 31, Redskins 9

BYES: Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 5 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Sep 30, '14, 8:59 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – I guess on some level this game is compelling and it should be pretty competitive, but at the end of the day I can't get over the fact that I just don't believe either of these teams are very good. Both the Cowboys and Texans had a really good September, but I feel like by the time Thanksgiving rolls around (if not Halloween) we will know for sure what kind of teams we see here. Dallas gets the nod as the home team and the more complete team I believe, especially with Arian Foster somewhat hobbled. Dallas Cowboys 23, Houston Texans 21

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Thursday Night Football has quickly become the biggest blowout of the week guaranteed and I'm not sure it won't be that way again. The Packers have found their stride and that will be a scary thought for a banged up and battered Vikings team. GB Packers 31, Minnesota Vikings 16

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – The Panthers began the season much stronger than I thought they would, but they are quickly coming back to earth. Cam Newton just isn't right. He isn't healthy and probably won't be all season long. Chicago is a pretty good and dangerous football team despite what they showed last week. UPSET!!! Chicago Bears 24, Carolina Panthers 21

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – The Cleveland Browns haven't won more than one game on the road in four years. If they are truly going to turn it around and not be the same old Browns that trend needs to stop and this game coming off a bye against the Titans needs to be where it all begins. Their next 5 opponents have a combined 4-16 record. It's time to make progress. UPSET!!! Cleveland Browns 27, Tennessee Titans 21

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – The fact that the Rams are coming off a bye and have had extra time to prepare a strong defense to stop Philly's strength in its offensive unit could keep this one closer than normal, but the Eagles will bounce back from their first loss successfully. Philly Eagles 28, St. Louis Rams 24

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – This is a game that is completely decided by where it is being played to me. I don't understand why the Falcons are a completely different team on the road vs at home, but they are and they stink on the road. The Giants have found some momentum and could continue that here. NY Giants 28, Atlanta Falcons 27

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – I would like to thank the Buccos for beating Pittsburgh last week. It gave me some real enjoyment to watch on the Browns bye. Now I'm sure they are returning to their regularly scheduled suckiness. NO Saints 27, TB Buccaneers 23

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – The Bills are quickly imploding into the team many expected them to be and I was hoping they would be this season. Detroit should maintain their advantage in the NFC North. Detroits Lions 21, Buffalo Bills 19

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – This is probably my pick for game of the week as you have two teams that seem destined for the playoffs locking horns as they try to get the upper hand early on in the season. Indy can't really fall below .500 again to get where I think they will. I'll say Andrew Luck wins a shootout over the Ravens and Joe Flacco by a narrow margin. Indy Colts 27, Baltimore Ravens 24

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Jaguars will struggle to win many games this year and Pittsburgh has to be motivated and focused after letting a grand opportunity slip through their fingers against an equally inept Tampa team as their opponents this week. The Steelers will certainly take care of business pretty comfortably. Pittsburgh Steelers 28, Jacksonville Jaguars 20

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – This is another game that should be pretty competitive. The Broncos could win one late here in what could go down the very end. I do think the home team will be better on Sunday as the Cardinals take their first loss of the season. Denver Broncos 30, Arizona Cardinals 23

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – This one may have the highest stakes of the week. Two playoff teams a year ago trying to get back there. Two teams struggling at .500 this year. I don't like much of what I see from San Francisco this year, but I think Kansas City is on the verge of putting their team back together. UPSET!!! KC Chiefs 23, SF Niners 21

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – San Diego Super Chargers! San Diego is rolling right now and I think it will take far more than Geno Smith and the Jets to knock them off their stride. SD Chargers 24, NY Jets 19

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – The Patriots window is slamming shut right now and it could be interesting if the Patriots continue to go down this path what will happen with the Belichick/Brady marriage. Cincinnati still has question marks - namely, when will Andy Dalto have his first truly bad game of the year. It's happened before and it will happen again. I wouldn't be shocked for it to be this week, but I won't predict it. Cincy Bengals 24, NE Patriots 20

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – There is nothing compelling about this game. Seattle is far too good to lose this game, even if it is on the road. Seattle Seahawks 27, Washington Redskins 21

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby UTK » Sep 30, '14, 9:03 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – GREEN BAY

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby RatedRBowler » Oct 01, '14, 12:07 pm

Packers > Vikings
Cowboys > Texans
Bears > Panthers UPSET!!!!
Browns > Titans UPSET!!!!
Eagles > Rams
Falcons > Giants UPSET!!!
Saints > Buccaneers
Lions > Bills
Colts > Ravens
Steelers > Jaguars
Broncos > Cardinals
Chiefs > 49ers UPSET!!!!
Chargers > Jets
Bengals > Patriots
Seahawks > Redskins

Last edited by RatedRBowler on Oct 04, '14, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

Postby The Legend » Oct 01, '14, 5:37 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – I guess on some level this game is compelling and it should be pretty competitive, but at the end of the day I can't get over the fact that I just don't believe either of these teams are very good. Both the Cowboys and Texans had a really good September, but I feel like by the time Thanksgiving rolls around (if not Halloween) we will know for sure what kind of teams we see here. Dallas gets the nod as the home team and the more complete team I believe, especially with Arian Foster somewhat hobbled. Dallas Cowboys 23, Houston Texans 21

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Thursday Night Football has quickly become the biggest blowout of the week guaranteed and I'm not sure it won't be that way again. The Packers have found their stride and that will be a scary thought for a banged up and battered Vikings team. GB Packers 31, Minnesota Vikings 16

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – The Panthers began the season much stronger than I thought they would, but they are quickly coming back to earth. Cam Newton just isn't right. He isn't healthy and probably won't be all season long. Chicago is a pretty good and dangerous football team despite what they showed last week. UPSET!!! Chicago Bears 24, Carolina Panthers 21

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – The Cleveland Browns haven't won more than one game on the road in four years. If they are truly going to turn it around and not be the same old Browns that trend needs to stop and this game coming off a bye against the Titans needs to be where it all begins. Their next 5 opponents have a combined 4-16 record. It's time to make progress. UPSET!!! Cleveland Browns 27, Tennessee Titans 21

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – The fact that the Rams are coming off a bye and have had extra time to prepare a strong defense to stop Philly's strength in its offensive unit could keep this one closer than normal, but the Eagles will bounce back from their first loss successfully. Philly Eagles 28, St. Louis Rams 24

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – This is a game that is completely decided by where it is being played to me. I don't understand why the Falcons are a completely different team on the road vs at home, but they are and they stink on the road. The Giants have found some momentum and could continue that here. NY Giants 28, Atlanta Falcons 27

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – I would like to thank the Buccos for beating Pittsburgh last week. It gave me some real enjoyment to watch on the Browns bye. Now I'm sure they are returning to their regularly scheduled suckiness. NO Saints 27, TB Buccaneers 23

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – The Bills are quickly imploding into the team many expected them to be and I was hoping they would be this season. Detroit should maintain their advantage in the NFC North. Detroits Lions 21, Buffalo Bills 19

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – This is probably my pick for game of the week as you have two teams that seem destined for the playoffs locking horns as they try to get the upper hand early on in the season. Indy can't really fall below .500 again to get where I think they will. I'll say Andrew Luck wins a shootout over the Ravens and Joe Flacco by a narrow margin. Indy Colts 27, Baltimore Ravens 24

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Jaguars will struggle to win many games this year and Pittsburgh has to be motivated and focused after letting a grand opportunity slip through their fingers against an equally inept Tampa team as their opponents this week. The Steelers will certainly take care of business pretty comfortably. Pittsburgh Steelers 28, Jacksonville Jaguars 20

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – This is another game that should be pretty competitive. The Broncos could win one late here in what could go down the very end. I do think the home team will be better on Sunday as the Cardinals take their first loss of the season. Denver Broncos 30, Arizona Cardinals 23

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – This one may have the highest stakes of the week. Two playoff teams a year ago trying to get back there. Two teams struggling at .500 this year. I don't like much of what I see from San Francisco this year, but I think Kansas City is on the verge of putting their team back together. UPSET!!! KC Chiefs 23, SF Niners 21

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – San Diego Super Chargers! San Diego is rolling right now and I think it will take far more than Geno Smith and the Jets to knock them off their stride. SD Chargers 24, NY Jets 19

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – The Patriots window is slamming shut right now and it could be interesting if the Patriots continue to go down this path what will happen with the Belichick/Brady marriage. Cincinnati still has question marks - namely, when will Andy Dalto have his first truly bad game of the year. It's happened before and it will happen again. I wouldn't be shocked for it to be this week, but I won't predict it. Cincy Bengals 24, NE Patriots 20

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – There is nothing compelling about this game. Seattle is far too good to lose this game, even if it is on the road. Seattle Seahawks 27, Washington Redskins 21

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Oct 01, '14, 9:42 pm

@The Legend why did you post your picks twice? :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Oct 01, '14, 10:12 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – Cowboys 24 Texans 17

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Packers 31 Vikings 20

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – UPSET!!! Bears 28 Panthers 13

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – UPSET!!! Browns 23 Titans 17

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – Eagles 38 Rams 14

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – Giants 24 Falcons 17

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – Saints 31 Buccaneers 17

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – Lions 31 Bills 20

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Colts 24 Ravens 20

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Steelers 27 Jaguars 12

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – Broncos 27 Cardinals 13

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – 49ers 21 Chiefs 13

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – Chargers 35 Jets 20

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – Bengals 31 Patriots 23

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Seahawks 35 Redskins 17

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby xgamr » Oct 02, '14, 5:34 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – Cowboys

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Packers

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – UPSET Bears

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 –UPSET Browns

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – Eagles

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – Giants

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – Saints

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – Lions

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Colts

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Steelers

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 –UPSET Cardinals

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – 49ers

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – UPSET Jets

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – Bengals

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Seahawks

Last edited by xgamr on Oct 04, '14, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby The Legend » Oct 02, '14, 6:14 am

Everlong wrote:@The Legend why did you post your picks twice? :lol

I've been having a hell of a time connecting to this site over the last three days. I didn't think it ever took the first time.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Oct 02, '14, 7:35 am

GET YOUR PICKS IN PEOPLE

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Oct 02, '14, 7:49 am

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), Packers 31- Vikings 14

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Romo » Oct 02, '14, 8:27 am

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), Packers 35- Vikings 24

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Messiah » Oct 02, '14, 9:35 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – On one hand, the Dallas Cowboys are quite clearly the superior team in my opinion. On the other hand, the Dallas Cowboys still have a reputation of coming out flat and one week of easily disposing of the Saints doesn't change that. But I trust the Dallas defense vs. Fitzpatrick more than I do the Texans defense vs. Romo. JJ Watt will get his but Dallas fields a vicious run-blocking offensive line that will be the deciding factor in this game. Dallas Cowboys 26, Houston Texans 14

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Looks like Christian Ponder, not Teddy Bridgewater, will play tonight. It will be a rainy game and I will probably contemplate changing my pick as it gets closer to game time, but right now I think I'm going to go with Green Bay. Minnesota's Mike Zimmer led defense is filthy but I don't think they have enough to keep up with Green Bay when they are at home. Should be a good one, though! Green Bay Packers 17, Minnesota Vikings 14

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – The Carolina Panthers are a walking injury while Chicago Bears are relatively healthy and coming into the game with a lot of firepower. Plus, Matt Forte's numbers against Carolina are frightening, in a good way. UPSET Chicago Bears 28, Carolina Panthers 10

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – Tennessee is a bad football team. Ken Whisenhunt establishing himself as an overrated head coach. UPSET Cleveland Browns 20, Tennessee Titans 14

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – St. Louis' defensive line is going to mess up Philly's lackluster and injured offensive line. Philly's defense is bad and so the Rams should be able to put up points. Ultimately though, the Eagles still have more firepower and are at home. Philadelphia Eagles 31, St. Louis Rams 24

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – I feel uneasy about getting on the Giants bandwagon this soon. They beat up on two not so good teams in the Texans and Redskins, but I still don't trust Eli completely. Still, Atlanta can't stop the run and they have a tendency to sputter out on offense when they travel up to the North. New York Giants 30, Atlanta Falcons 21

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – New Orleans very well could lose this game. It wouldn't surprise me. They aren't good at all. But I certainly won't be the one who predicts them to lose at home to the Bucs. New Orleans Saints 24, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – For the same reason I picked the Jets to beat the Lions (so close - damn you Geno Smith!), I want to pick the Bills to beat the Lions. People underestimate how much a good DL can make even the best offenses look bad if they are focused on being pass-first. I don't really trust Stafford completely yet. I don't know. I guess I'll go with the safe pick, the home team. Detroit Lions 23, Buffalo Bills 17

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – I have no reason to think the Colts should/will win this game. UPSET Baltimore Ravens 30, Indianapolis Colts 27

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – If the Steelers lose this game, Mike Tomlin deserves to be fired. Pittsburgh Steelers 38, Jacksonville Jaguars 20

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – Holy shit, this wasn't Game of the Week?! This is going to be dogfight. I don't have a clue how Arizona is 3-0, but they are and their defense is performing far better than I expected given the losses in the front seven. Arians is a fantastic coach and will make this a competitive game, but I give Denver the edge being at home. Denver Broncos 23, Arizona Cardinals 20

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – Should be low-scoring. Kansas City's pass rush will destroy San Francisco but I think I'll side with SF here. San Francisco 49ers 20, Kansas City Chiefs 10

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – Chargers have such a bad running game. The Jets have such a bad QB. San Diego Chargers 30, New York Jets 14

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – Never thought I would say this but if the New England Patriots beat the Cincinnati Bengals, I will be absolutely shocked. The Bengals are going to tear their offensive line up. The only way the Bengals lose is if Andy Dalton is in playoff form in Week 5. Cincinnati Bengals 28, New England Patriots 17

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Seattle. Seattle Seahawks 27, Washington Redskins 7

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby BSM » Oct 02, '14, 10:38 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – Cowboys

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Packers

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – UPSET! Bears

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – Titans

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – Eagles

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – Giants

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – Saints

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – Lions

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Colts

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Steelers

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – 49ers

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – Chargers

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – Bengals

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Seahawks

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby CubsIn5 » Oct 02, '14, 2:27 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – JJ Watt is gonna be all over Romo in this one, I think its gonna be tough for Romo to win it but they may just pull it out. - Cowboys.

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – I think this game could actually be a closer one with Bridgewat....wait Ponder is starting? Oh GB by 9.5 is an underestimate. - Packers

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – I believe in Jay Cutler. Mainly because he reminds me of most Newfoundlanders. -Upset! Bears

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 –Go Browns - Upset! Browns

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – This is the game where Nick Foles brings it back together. - Eagles

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – I'm standing by my "Never pick the Giants" rule - Falcons.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – As I say every week with the Bucs. *sigh* - Saints

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – Loves Kyle Orton but the Lions are pulling this one. - Lions

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Ravens might win this one but no reason not to choose the Colts

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – :lol - Steelers

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – Ride Broncos Ride. - Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – Chiefs are riding strong after slapping the Pats around and the 49ers are dealing with internal struggle so its a tough one. I'm gonna go with the Chiefs. Upset! Chiefs

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 –Chargers are looking ridiculously good this season. - Chargers

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – I love the collapse thats happening to the Patriots and Brady. It puts such a smile on my face. Go Bengals - Bengals

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Ohhhhh boy. - Seahawks

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby Philip Rivers » Oct 02, '14, 3:08 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – I by no means, believe in the Houston Texans, I think they're fakers, a cake schedule coming off the 2013 season, they've played nobody up to this point. Believe me whenever I say that both teams will get UP for this game, it's a Texas thing...yall wouldn't understand, I reckon. [mention]GNR[/mention] Fitzpatrick isn't the answer, eventually the offensive side of the ball is coming to bite Houston in the ass.

Cowboys - 31 Texans - 17

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – Aaron Rodgers and company came out and proved they could get their offensive flow going, R.E.L.A.X, Teddy or not, it's going to be hard to march into that stadium and take out the Pack, especially considering Minnesota isn't that great.

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – Carolina is falling apart, they WILL not replicate what they did the previous season defensively, as good as their front 7 is...their secondary is horrendous and that defense isn't the same, missing components, Cam Newton looks horrible as well...Chicago seems to be up and down much of the season, I expect Cutler and crew to bounce back.

Bears 28 Panthers 24

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – Hoyer tracing back to last season, pre injury, has really been slinging that thing! Defensively, Cleveland isn't too bad either. I don't trust the Titans on the offensive side of the ball, they've got some serious issues.

Browns 21 Titans 13

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – St. Louis is in disarray, Chip Kelly and the boys are not very proud of their offense being shut down in San Fran, I fully expect these guys to bounce back, come out and establish themselves early. Shady McCoy is going to have himself a game.

Rams - 17 Eagles - 24

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – I'm riding with Eli and the Giants, they've won back to back games and seem to be hitting a bit of a stride. Matt Ryan should keep it close but the Falcons have been ass on the road, pretty much like their entire conference.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – Drew Brees and the Aints MUST be one of the biggest disappointments of the year up to this point, these guys are pretty good in their dome though, looking down the barrel is a horrible Bucs team, divisional game or not...Saints bag it at home.

New Orleans - 31 Bucs - 13

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – Buffalo are fake artist, just as Houston, they started off 2-0 and now they're in shambles, EJ Manuel is benched and Kyle Orton is going to do nothing we haven't seen him do before. Detroit is a better team on both sides of the ball.

Lions 30 Bills 14

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Very intriguing game, if it was in Baltimore, I'd hands down pick the Ravens...however, it isn't. Indy hasn't beaten a good team yet this season, I need them to prove to me they're capable.

Ravens 28 Colts 24

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Lmao, the Jags...

Pitt - 24 Jags - 10

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – Manning coming off a bye, playing at home seems like easy money. Arizona isn't fully healthy at this point either.

Broncos - 23 Cards - 14

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – I don't trust Alex Smith and this KC offense against the 49ers D at home, they've got an amazing run D, I fully expect they can contain Charles.

49ers 26 Chiefs 17
New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – Geno Smith is going to continue to have issues against a much improved Chargers defense this year and so will Vick if he gets a shot, San Diego is rolling and now is not the time to drop a game to the lowsome Jets. Rivers and Co are gonna roll.

San Diego - 34 Jets - 17

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – I don't believe in the Patriots anymore, they've got issues upfront protecting Brady, as well as Brady having his own issues. Cincy and crew are contenders, they can apply the great pressure on this Patriots offense to swing things in their favor in New England.

Cincy - 24 New England - 20

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Kirk Cousing or RG3, it doesn't matter, neither of these guys want to see the LOB. Seahawks should run away with this game.

Seahawks - 28 Redskins -10

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 100

Postby War Daddy » Oct 02, '14, 3:17 pm

Packers over the Vikings!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby SKS » Oct 02, '14, 3:27 pm

Packers 27, Vikings 14

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 02, '14, 5:58 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 - Packers

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby HFX » Oct 02, '14, 6:20 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Houston Texans (3-1) at Dallas Cowboys (3-1), DAL by 4 – Cowboys 24, Texans 19

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Minnesota Vikings (2-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-2), GB by 9.5 – UPSET! Vikings 31, Packers 30

Chicago Bears (2-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-2), CAR by 3 – UPSET! Bears 27, Panthers 16

Cleveland Browns (1-2) at Tennessee Titans (1-3), TEN by 1 – UPSET! Browns 24, Titans 21

St. Louis Rams (1-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1), PHI by 7 – Eagles 30, Rams 17

Atlanta Falcons (2-2) at New York Giants (2-2), NYG by 4 – Giants 34, Falcons 24

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at New Orleans Saints (1-3), NO by 10.5 – Saints 42, Buccaneers 24

Buffalo Bills (2-2) at Detroit Lions (3-1), DET by 7.5 – Lions 33, Bills 20

Baltimore Ravens (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (2-2), IND by 3.5 – Colts 26, Ravens 20

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4), PIT by 6.5 – Steelers 38, Jaguars 16

Arizona Cardinals (3-0) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 7.5 – UPSET! Cardinals 26, Broncos 24

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2), SF by 6.5 – 49ers 23, Chiefs 20

New York Jets (1-3) at San Diego Chargers (3-1), SD by 6.5 – Chargers 31, Jets 17

Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) at New England Patriots (2-2), CIN by 1 – Bengals 30, Patriots 27

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at Washington Redskins (1-3), SEA by 7.5 – Seahawks 43, Redskins 13

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Next

Return to NFL