It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 9:45 pm

Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 09, '14, 12:49 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – This should definitely be an interesting Monday Night game. Two young, up and coming teams that had some struggles in their opening week, although the Eagles wound up pulling it out. The Colts can probably afford to start off 0-2 given the division they’re in, but it definitely wouldn’t be preferred. The Eagles didn’t seem to be themselves until the second half last week. With it being so early in the season it’s hard to know what to expect out of each of these teams, but the Colts looked bad against one high-powered offense already, and the Eagles certainly are no cake walk. UPSET! – Eagles 31, Colts 27

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – The Ravens really can’t afford to start the season two in the hole, and they’ve had the shadow of the Ray Rice situation hanging over their heads all week. How will they handle it come Thursday night? Difficult to say. Joe Flacco looked absolutely terrible against the Bengals, and they put up way too many passes. If they try to repeat that game plan, they’ll get spanked at home. You never know what’ll happen during rivalry games, but I’m feeling way better about the Steelers than the Ravens this year and I think they’ll come away from Baltimore with a win. UPSET! – Steelers 24, Ravens 16

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – The Panthers definitely surprised me by pulling off a win against the Bucs without Cam Newton, but Cam or no Cam, this Lions team is significantly better on offense than the Bucs and I have a hard time believing this year’s version of the Panthers’ offense can keep up in terms of points. UPSET! – Lions 30, Panthers 17

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – The winners of last week’s two most surprising upsets go head to head in an early season battle. This game is particularly important to Miami, because a win here means they’d already be 2-0 in the AFC East, which gives them a head start on tiebreakers. Really hard to know what to expect out of this matchup, but I’ll go with the Dolphins by virtue of them having defeated the more impressive foe in week one. Dolphins 24, Bills 20

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Tough to know what to anticipate here. RGIII was efficient in terms of his numbers, but the Redskins’ offense as a whole couldn’t put anything into the endzone. The Jaguars managed to squeeze the life out of the Eagles’ high-powered offense for a half, what’s to say they can’t do it for a full game against the Redskins? Why not, a fourth upset pick already. UPSET! – Jaguars 20, Redskins 17

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – The Cowboys looked absolutely pathetic last week and they won’t win many games at all unless they figure out how to stop turning over the ball and how to make a defensive stop. The Titans, meanwhile, cruised past the Kansas City Chiefs and could wind up being this year’s playoff surprise if they keep it up. I won’t pretend to know much about the Titans as a team this year, but I know enough about the Cowboys to know this could be close. Still, the Cowboys need to pick up a victory here soon. May as well be this week. UPSET! - Cowboys 27, Titans 20

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – What exactly about the Giants’ week one performance would inspire anyone to make them a favorite against a defense that just overcame one of the best offenses of 2013? Eli Manning may toss four picks in this one. EDIT: No Carson Palmer = me changing my pick. Giants win. Giants 23, Cardinals 20

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Last week was fun for the Vikings, but the party ends this week. The Patriots rarely lose two in a row and I don’t think the Vikings have the capacity to hang with a team of this caliber. Patriots 33, Vikings 17

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – God help the Browns this week. Breesus went off against the Falcons and despite coming up short, the problem on this team definitely was not the offense. This could be the week’s biggest blowout. Saints 37, Browns 10

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – This was another contender for Game of the Week. The Falcons, particularly Matt Ryan, looked extremely impressive in their opener last week, so this matchup of the Falcons’ offense vs. the Bengals’ defense will be something to watch. I don’t particularly trust the Falcons on the road, however, so I’m going to give the edge to Cincinnati here. Bengals 27, Falcons 24

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Tampa Bay didn’t look great in the opening week, but they certainly didn’t look St. Louis bad. This could be a really long year for the Rams, especially if Shaun Hill is now out with an injury as well. The Rams better hope their defense plays better than it did against the Vikings, cus they’ll be counting on it to win games this year. Buccaneers 20, Rams 9

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – A couple years back I’d have picked against the Seahawks for the simple fact that this team couldn’t win on the road. But that was a different Seahawks team. This one appears to be far and away the best team in the league, and I don’t anticipate that the Chargers will be able to shed any doubt on that fact. Seahawks 34, Chargers 13

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – The Raiders fared alright in their opening matchup, and we can probably expect the same kind of game here… low scoring and defensive. But with JJ Watt lining up across from a suspect Raiders line and a rookie QB, this one should tilt in the Texans’ favor. Texans 20, Raiders 12

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – Fortunately for the Packers, they don’t play the Seattle Seahawks every week. Unfortunately for the Packers, they’ve got another dynamic front seven coming in against an offensive line missing its starting center and top two right tackles, and it looks like their defensive line is remarkably thin this year. The Jets will cause some mayhem in the early stages of the game and Rex Ryan will have this team smelling upset, but I’d anticipate the Packers to find a way past it and make it look a bit easier in the second half. Packers 27, Jets 13

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – Hold on to your butts, Kansas City, because this one’s going to be ugly. No big undefeated start for you this season. Broncos 37, Chiefs 13

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – The Bears just lost at home to what a lot of people thought was going to be the worst team in the league. If that doesn’t tell you a bit about what to expect from this team going into the stadium of a bona fide Super Bowl contender in primetime, I don’t know what else to say. 49ers 35, Bears 16

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Sep 09, '14, 7:22 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – This is one of the best of a series really close and interesting matchups in Week 2. There aren't but a few games that are no-brainers to me and this certainly isn't one of them. Both of these teams struggled out of the gate last week before Philly stormed past an inferior Jags squad and Indy didn't quite make it back past Peyton's Pals. I liked what I saw from both teams in terms of Philly's offense and Indy's defense which should make this a close game. This is a toss up, I'll take the Colts with home field advantage to eak out a win to get back to .500 since I don't see them falling to 0-2. I also don't think Philly is going to run away in their division and get to 2-0Indy Colts 28, Philly Eagles 27

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – Pittsburgh was who I thought they were and we let them off the hook. The Steelers aren't a very good team. Baltimore is too good of a team especially at home to drop two straight home games to start the season even with all they have going on. This division is long from over and I see both of these teams at .500 after this week. Baltimore Ravens 27, Pittsburgh Steelers 23

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – Both the Lions and Panthers took big steps towards answering their biggest questions about themselves in Week 1. The Lions looked strong on defense and discipline no matter how much people are just explaining it away by facing the Giants. The Panthers even with Derek Freaking Anderson at QB showed a potent enough offense and passing game to think they won't totally fall off this year. I'm going to be bold here and pick the Lions for the upset. UPSET!!! Detroit Lions 23, Carolina Panthers 21

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – All those who thought these two teams would be playing each other at any point this season with first place in the AFC East on the line raise your hands. Now put your damn hands down you bunch of liars. Miami's win over the Patriots is much easier to believe in the long run than Buffalo beating Chicago - which is probably why they are road favorites. Phins start 2-0 for the first time in a long time thanks to a strong defense and competent enough offense. Miami Dolphins 24, Buffalo Bills 20

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Jacksonville still has a long way to go when it comes to learning how to win and put teams away. Their defense can be good at times, like their offense, but I just don't trust them to play 60 minutes of football on the road. The Redskins were pretty pathetic in Week 1, but I have a feeling they can be much better. They just need to get the whole thing flowing. Washington Redskins 23, Jacksonville Jaguars 20

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – The Cowboys were way too awful to be picked by anyone to win this week on the road. I mean offense, defense, there was nothing they did right in that game - after finding their way to the stadium that is, it can always be worse I guess. That's nothing to say how good Tennessee looked in an essential manhandling of a decent if not better Chiefs team. Tennessee should be a threat this year to the Colts or a wild card. Tennessee Titans 28, Dallas Cowboys 23

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – What the hell has happened to the Giants? They got really bad on both sides of the line is the answer to that question. No one likes to talk about it, but football is still a line of scrimmage game and if you don't win the line you can't do anything else. The Cardinals are pretty damn good in the trenches. UPSET!!! Arizona Cardinals 24, NY Giants 19

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Yeah I'm a totally gutless coward that won't be the only one to pick the Vikings to win this game after all. Sorry about that. NE Patriots 27, Minnesota Vikings 23

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Yeah, I'm not sure there's a harder team to figure out than the Cleveland Browns after last week. I think I have them figured out though and they are a team that is inconsistent at best on offense and has major concerns in the secondary - namely Justin Gilbert. Drew Brees and Sean Payton are masters of matchups and they will pick on the Browns weaknesses all day, they might be up by 35 by halftime. NO Saints 33, Cleveland Browns 24

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – I have the Falcons scheduled for a bounce back and that's especially for how they play at home. This game is in Cincinnati however and the Bengals were impressive in pulling off a road division victory no matter the details of the game. Cincinnati should win this game moderately comfortable. Cincy Bengals 30, Atlanta Falcons 24

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – St. Louis could have potentially been a good team this year. That would have required Sam Bradford and not Shaun Hill to be their quarterback however. Tampa will win this one, the Rams defense should keep it low scoring and relatively tight, but not good enough. TB Buccaneers 23, St. Louis Rams 21

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – Seattle looked really good last week in dispatching a quality Packers team, but that was at home where they always look good. The road is a different story. However, the Chargers looked really sad on Monday Night Football. Seattle should stroll through San Diego. Seattle Seahawks 31, SD Chargers 20

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – Battle of two teams that are bad, but Houston isn't quite as bad. The Texans will look surprisingly good on a 2-0 start, but that should fall flat quickly. Houston Texans 24, Oakland Raiders 21

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – This game should be better than the line and most people would suspect. The Jets defense against the Packers offense should make for a balanced game. Green Bay is a better team and they will pull it out in the end, but don't expect it to be easy. GB Packers 27, NY Jets 24

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – KC gave Denver some trouble last year, but I don't see that repeating this year. Denver will roll in this one at home. Denver Broncos 33, KC Chiefs 21

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – There was much talk about how pathetic the Niners were looking this off-season and how they would step backwards, then they dismantled Dallas in every way imaginable. The Bears struggled mightily in the first week against the Bills. San Fran should roll in this one. SF Niners 28, Chicago Bears 21

Last edited by The Legend on Sep 11, '14, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Sep 09, '14, 10:54 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – This is a pretty difficult one to call since both teams were bipolar in week 1. I am going to try a strategy that I have not used before. Teams that have started 0-2 statistically have only made the playoffs 12% of the time. This would indicate that if Indy loses at home they are in major trouble. Where as a team that starts 1-1 statistically have made the playoffs at a 41% clip. At this point I see both of these teams making the playoffs and to go with that trend it makes sense for both teams to start 1-1. Take that for what its not at all worth. Indy 24 - Philly 21

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – The Steelers nearly gave one away to Cleveland last week (credit should also go to the Browns), but were able to sneak by with a strong start and average finish. Baltimore took the lost to a good Cincy team, but I think showed more then the Steelers in their lost. As @TheLegend mentioned above, Baltimore will not lose two straight at home to start the year and they are just the better team here. Baltimore 28- Steelers 21

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – This is the match up I have wanted to see since the schedules were announced. A real test for these new Lions. Its one thing to take down the struggling NY Giants, but can the Lions offense roll when playing a very strong defense. Also can the secondary hold up with Cam back at the helm. It being a Carolina home game and Cam's first regular season game of the year makes me very nervous. Add that, the Lions are still unsure if Ihedibo will play and lost Bill Bentley for the year, to the list of secondary issues. Alert *Homer Pick* UPSET Detroit 27 - Carolina 24

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – I was really impressed with both these teams last week. More so with Buffalo for walking in to Chicago and beating the Cutlettes. Buffalo I am inclined to believe played over their head and took advantage of a terrible Bears defense, while Miami may actually the team the showed up on Sunday. I like what I saw from Moreno and Tannehill. Miami 24 - Buffalo 14

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – The Jags pretty much showed exactly what they are, a team with young talent and a possible good future, but a team that is still working it way out of suckville. Washington on the other hand believes its closer to the playoffs then not, which the inverse is actually true. Since the Jags showed a real pulse and I still have a hard time believing in RG3 my pick is UPSET Jacksonville. Jags 31- *Thou shall not be named* 21

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – Dallas looked dreadful last weekend and I doubt will have any more fun this weekend with a emerging Titans offense. The Titans did lose some pieces in their secondary over the off season so I expect this game to become a shoot out. *Romo throws pick as I type*
Titans 38 - Cowboys 30

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – Cardinal proved on MNF that they can still play against playoff teams and that's even when Larry Fitz only gets one catch (Helps to have Floyd). NY Giants showed they still have Eli at QB. UPSET? Cardinals 34 - Giants 17

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Minnesota really impressed last week and dominated against the Rams. Minnesota has a very serious weapons on offense, but will need the right person behind center to make it all work. New England has the right person behind center, but not the weapons around him to make it all work. Brady can still get it done with these guys, but it has been a rough go of it. New England 30 - Minny 20

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Cleveland is going to be the night and day team its seems. They will need to start faster against New Orleans or this could get away from the Browns. NOLA 38 - Cleveland 21

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – The Falcons seem to be a much improved team and Matt Ryan was really slinging it against the Saints. They continue their road of playoff contenders with Cincy. Cincy playing at home should be a difference maker in a game i expect to be very good. Cincy 28 - Falcons 24

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – I really got fooled by the Rams last week. I thought they would still be stable even after the lost of Sam Bradford, but I could not have imagined they would get destroyed by the Vikings. Then on the other side some were expecting Tampa to be a surprise team this year, but I just never bought the hype. Carolina proved why they were in the playoffs last year and why the Bucs are still a work in progress. With that said at least they competed unlike the Rams. Tampa Bay 34 - Rams 14

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – The Seahawks are clearly exactly who we thought they were, but I have a sneaking hunch about this one. The Chargers will obviously need to figure out a way to get around the Seahawks secondary and I could see the Chargers using their trio of running backs as catching backs to give some very different looks. UPSET Chargers 24 - Seahawks 21

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – Raise your hand if you want to watch this game. Anyone? Um... Hello? Oh the poor poor Derek Carr is about to feel the pain of JJ Watt. Houston 21 - Oakland 10

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – The Packers have some real issues on the O-Line and D-Line right now in terms of depth. The Jets were shaky in a win over the Raiders last week, but showed that their defense is definitely still solid. As much as the Packers have issues in the trenches, I just can't imagine a scenario where Aaron Rodgers lets them lose in Lambeau against a average at best Jets team. Packers 35 - Jets 28

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – Kansas City just doesn't strike me as a team heading in the right direction. They just paid a game manager QB, they lost Brandon Albert in the off season, Dwayne Bowe is minimized by a QB with a limited deep arm, and beyond all that Jamal Charles did very little to help my fantasy team last week. Denver on the other hand is, well, Denver and should win this one once they pull away in the 4th Quarter. Denver 45 - KC 21

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – Chicago's defense did not impress anyone and I see this being a trend all season. On the other side, the 49ers looked great in week 1. They caused turn overs, had solid drives on offense, and took advantage of Dallas' mistakes. The Cutlettes will not be able to make enough plays to overcome the 49ers in this one. SF 34 - JC and the Sunshine Bears 24

Last edited by DBSoT on Sep 10, '14, 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Romo » Sep 10, '14, 4:15 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – Eagles 35, Colts 41

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET! – Steelers 21, Ravens 17

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – UPSET! – Lions 35, Panthers 24

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – UPSET! Dolphins 14, Bills 17

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Jaguars 17, Redskins 27

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – UPSET! Titans 24, Cowboys 31

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – – Cardinals 17, Giants 24

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Patriots 24, Vikings 16

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Saints 34, Browns 20

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – UPSET! Bengals 24, Falcons 31

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Buccaneers 14, Rams 12

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – Seahawks 35, Chargers 14

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 Texans 17, Raiders 13

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – Packers 24, Jets 7

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – Broncos 42, Chiefs 17

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – 49ers 28, Bears 17

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby UTK » Sep 10, '14, 9:56 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – UPSET! PHILLY

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET! PITT

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – CAROLINA

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – MIAMI

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – UPSET! JACKSONVILLE

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – TENNESSEE

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – It's only Week 2, I have to have a little faith still. Just a tad. GIANTS

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – PATS

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – NEW ORLEANS

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – UPSET! ATLANTA

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – BUCS

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – SEATTLE

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – HOUSTON

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – GREEN BAY

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – DENVER

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – SAN FRAN

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Sep 11, '14, 10:57 am

Remember, there is football TONIGHT! We only have four sets of picks in so far. Get at least your Thursday picks in, and please make sure all of your picks for the weekend will be in the same post.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Sep 11, '14, 11:13 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – UPSET! Eagles 34, Colts 27

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET! Steelers 24, Ravens 20

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – UPSET! Lions 27, Panthers 20

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – Dolphins 32, Bills 23

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Redskins 24, Jaguars 21

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – Titans 28, Cowboys 17

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – UPSET! Cardinals 22, Giants 16

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Patriots 30, Vikings 21

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Saints 38, Browns 14

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – Bengals 31, Falcons 24

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Buccaneers 19, Rams 13

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – Seahawks 38, Chargers 17

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 - Texans 23, Raiders 13

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – Packers 20, Jets 10

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – Broncos 34, Chiefs 16

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – 49ers 30, Bears 17

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Sep 11, '14, 11:21 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – UPSET!!! Eagles 31 Colts 27

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET!!! Steelers 21 Ravens 20

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – Panthers 24 Lions 20

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – Dolphins 20 Bills 14

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Redskins 24 Jaguars 13

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – UPSET!!! Cowboys 28 Titans 23

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – UPSET!!! Cardinals 23 Giants 20

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Patriots 31 Vikings 20

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Saints 35 Browns 17

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – UPSET!!! Falcons 31 Bengals 28

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Buccaneers 14 Rams 10

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – Seahawks 27 Chargers 17

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – Texans 20 Raiders 6

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – Packers 31 Jets 23

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – Broncos 31 Chiefs 13

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – UPSET!!! Bears 31 49ers 20

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby RatedRBowler » Sep 11, '14, 11:31 am

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – Steelers 20, Ravens 12 UPSET!!!

Colts > Eagles
Panthers > Lions
Dolphins > Bills
Jaguars > Redskins
Cowboys > Titans UPSET!!! (I'm dumb, yes)
Cardinals > Giants UPSET!!!
Patriots > Vikings
Saints > Browns
Falcons > Bengals UPSET!!!
Buccaneers > Rams
Seahawks > Chargers
Texans > Raiders
Packers > Jets
Broncos > Chiefs
49ers > Bears

Last edited by RatedRBowler on Sep 14, '14, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Sep 11, '14, 11:33 am

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSETT!! Steelers

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby SKS » Sep 11, '14, 1:17 pm

Ravens 20, Steelers 14.

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – Eagles were terrible in the first 30 minutes of the season but pulled away in the 2nd half. What team will show up? I don't think they can afford to start slow in Indy. The Colts hung in there against Denver but could barely get a pass rush going and Luck made some poor throws late. I could see this going either way. Colts 27, Eagles 24.

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – Should be a great offense/defense match up. I think the Lions will need to make a statement here that they're for real. Cam in his first game back will want to make a statement as well. Toss up. I'll go with Carolina to grind out a tight game. Panthers 17, Lions 10.

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – A bunch of linebackers are out for Miami so I'm going with the Bills at home. UPSET! Bills 24, Dolphins 20.

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Both of these teams are pretty terrible. I think there will be riots if the Redskins lose to the Jags at home, as much as I'd like to see it. Redskins 21, Jaguars 10.

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – The Titans defense looks real good so far. Dallas on the other hand, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys bounce back here, but I'll go with Tennessee. Titans 23, Cowboys 17.

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – The Giants haven't showed me any reason why I should pick them to beat anyone. UPSET! Cardinals 20, Giants 3.

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – This is going to be a close one. Minnesota looked great against St Louis but Tom Brady is not Austin Davis. I'm thinking the Vikings get a late field goal to win a shocker. UPSET! Vikings 23, Patriots 20.

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Cleveland is ass. I doubt New Orleans loses two in a row. Saints 38, Browns 14.

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – Bengals looked good against Baltimore aside from the one 80 yard Smith bomb. Falcons have the tendency to struggle on the road and Cincy looked unbeatable at home last season. Bengals 28, Falcons 7.

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Both of these teams really shit the bed last week. With Chris Long and Shaun Hill out, I have to go with Tampa, reluctantly. Buccaneers 14, Rams 3.

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – The Seahawks are beastly. The Chargers struggled on MNF, and their home field advantage isn't that intimidating to cause Seattle problems. Seahawks 27, Chargers 14.

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – Raiders will get smacked around. Ryan Fitzpatrick can't suck that bad to mess this up, can he? Texans 23, Raiders 14.

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – I expect a high scoring game in this one. Packers 31, Jets 27.

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – My guess is that Peyton will be angry at himself for laying an egg in the 2nd half vs Indianapolis and rip the Chiefs (who struggled at home vs TEN) a new one. Broncos 42, Chiefs 10.

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – The Bears have no defense, and the Niners played better than I expected defensively. 49ers 28, Bears 14.

Last edited by SKS on Sep 11, '14, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Messiah » Sep 11, '14, 3:21 pm

Steelers @ Ravens

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby xgamr » Sep 11, '14, 3:58 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – Colts

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET Steelers

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – UPSET Lions

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – Dolphins

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Redskins

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – Titans

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – Giants

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 –Patriots

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – Saints

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – UPSET Falcons

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Bucs

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – Seahawks

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – Texans

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – Packers

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – Broncos

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – 49ers

Last edited by xgamr on Sep 14, '14, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby JDD » Sep 11, '14, 4:19 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET Steelers

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby BSM » Sep 11, '14, 4:23 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – Colts

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – Ravens

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – Panthers

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Redskins

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – UPSET! Cowboys

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – UPSET! Cardinals

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – Patriots

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – Bengals

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – Buccaneers

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby CubsIn5 » Sep 11, '14, 6:19 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1), BAL by 2.5 – UPSET! Steelers

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – UPSET! Lions

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – UPSET! Jaguars

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – UPSET! Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – UPSET! Falcons

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby Everlong » Sep 13, '14, 2:16 pm

Just a reminder to get in your picks if you haven't yet!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Sep 13, '14, 7:12 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1), IND by 3 – Indy hasn't lost back to back games since Andrew Luck has been the QB for this team. That streak continues after Indy goes through a very weak Eagles offense and a QB that looks rusty. COLTS!!

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – With Cam Newton coming back and the way the Panthers defense performed against TB, I'm sure the Panthers will overcome the Lions high powered offense. PANTHERS!!

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-0), MIA by 1 – The Bills shocked the Bears at home but the Dolphins shocked the Pats with an amazing pass rush. I'll say that Miami's pass rush will win the game for them. DOLPHINS!!

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – The Redskins looked really, really bad but they faced an incredible D-Line and could've easily won the game last week. I assume to brush up on those mistakes. REDSKINS

Dallas Cowboys (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3.5 – Dallas' struggles are beyond their defense. With the offense looking out of sync, there's no hope against a red hot Titans defense. TITANS

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 – The Giants looked terrible. I fully believe that this team will be a top 5 team in the draft. There's no way that Larry Fitz and Floyd don't shit on their secondary. UPSET!! Cardinals

New England Patriots (0-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-0), NE by 3 – PATS

New Orleans Saints (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-1), NO by 6.5 – SAINTS

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – UPSET! ATLANTA

St. Louis Rams (0-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1), TB by 5 – BUCS

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-1), SEA by 5.5 – Although they can't afford it considering the competition in their division, San Diego falls to the LOB. SEATTLE

Houston Texans (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-1), HOU by 3 – HOUSTON

New York Jets (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (0-1), GB by 8.5 – GREEN BAY

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Denver Broncos (1-0), DEN by 13.5 – DENVER

Chicago Bears (0-1) at San Francisco 49ers (1-0), SF by 7 – SAN FRAN

Last edited by DanielsonTHAGOAT on Sep 14, '14, 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby JDD » Sep 14, '14, 8:35 am

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0), CAR by 2.5 – Upset! Lions

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Washington Redskins (0-1), WAS by 6 – Upset! Jags

Arizona Cardinals (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), NYG by 1 - Upset! Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-0), CIN by 5 – Bengals

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Everlong » Sep 14, '14, 8:44 am

Couple hous left to submit your picks! Get to it people!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Next

Return to NFL