It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 1:11 am

Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 01, '14, 8:00 pm

The time has finally arrived!!! The weekly NFL picks series begins with a full slate of week one action. All 32 teams in the league playing throughout the weekend. Week one is traditionally an incredibly difficult set of games to predict, as nobody really knows what to expect from each team yet that year. Let’s see how well we do!

Use this thread to make your picks for week one and for general week one discussion. Remember to get the Thursday pick in on time, and to join us in the chat during game times!

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - The NFL certainly knows how to schedule a high-profile opening contest, and they don’t get much bigger than this one. Most experts have either the Seahawks or the Packers representing the NFC in the Super Bowl this year, and there’s still a lot of bad blood (between the fanbases, if not the players) for the infamous Fail Mary in 2012. Should be especially fun to watch the Packers’ offense against the Seahawks’ defense.

If there’s anybody in the NFC who can go into Seattle and win, it’s the Packers. The Packers are one of the league’s best road teams under Aaron Rodgers and have the ability to control the clock. However, this is a special situation. The Seahawks fans will be even louder than usual as they raise their championship banner, and the atmosphere will be electric. I think this one goes down to the wire, and while I really think it’s a tossup as to which one of these teams will be the final one standing in the playoffs, I give the edge to the Seahawks on opening night, due to homefield advantage and the relative unknown that is the Packers’ defense. Seahawks 28, Packers 27

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – Really hard to know what to expect out of Atlanta this year after an injury ravaged season. Everyone and their mothers is picking the Saints to win the division, but starting off the season on the road against their bitter rivals is a tall task. You never know what’s going to happen in week one, so I’m willing to call an upset here. UPSET! – Falcons 24, Saints 20

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – The Rams are without Sam Bradford for the whole season, but I doubt that’ll really do that much to limit their potential. This is a team with a solid defense and a ton of question marks on offense. On paper, I think the Rams are the better team. But the Vikings tend to start the season fast and then begin their collapse, and I’d not be surprised if that’s the case yet again in 2014. UPSET! – Vikings 28, Rams 17

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – The Browns’ season will really depend on the ability of Brian Hoyer to make plays despite a depleted receiving corps. We know the Browns are capable of playing solid defense. The offense needs to be able to keep up. Right now, I have much more faith in Pittsburgh being able to put out a total team effort. Steelers 27, Browns 16

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – The Eagles score fast and score often, and against a Jaguars team that is still in rebuilding mode (althoughs lowly but surely pulling itself up by its bootstraps), I think the offense will star. Eagles 33, Jaguars 13

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – I think the Raiders are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Reggie McKenzie has gotten rid of a lot of big veteran contracts, and they played most of last year having gotten rid of tons of old faces. Now that he’s starting to be able to mold the team the way he wants, I think we’ll start to see the Raiders rise back up. I’m going for them to win this one. UPSET! – Raiders 20, Jets 17

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – Both of these teams have the potential to either be great or a total flop. However, the Bengals have the more talented roster and the league’s second best receiver to go up and catch passes. I’ll take them on the road. UPSET! – Bengals 31, Ravens 26

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – Despite my clear bias, I think the Bears are a playoff team this year, and they’ll start the season off with a convincing win and a one game lead over the Packers. Bears 35, Bills 17

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – I’m not particularly sure what the oddsmakers see in Houston here other than home field advantage, but I like the Redskins to outscore the Texans on the road, despite the potential for JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney to have a field day in the backfield. UPSET! – Redskins 28, Texans 20

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – The Titans are a bit of an unknown at this point, and the Chiefs remain a team with a steady offense and a dynamic defense. I like Kansas City to get their season started off on the right note. Chiefs 23, Titans 10

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – I like what the Dolphins are building, but come on, this is the Patriots. As long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick remain, this team is guaranteed the division title every year. Patriots 34, Dolphins 16

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Anything can happen in the NFC South, especially considering the Panthers have basically nothing in the way of receiving threats. With Lovie Smith coaching up that Bucs D, expect them to be much more solid in the recent past. I think the Panthers will have a slow start to the season before they figure themselves out. Buccaneers 24, Panthers 21

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – Do the 49ers even have enough people that aren’t behind bars to field a complete team? No matter. This Dallas defense is TURRBLE, and no amount of Tony Romo gunslinging can get them past the better teams in the NFC. 49ers 27, Cowboys 24

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Peyton Manning can start the season off right by slaying his former team from the comfort of Mile High Stadium. Broncos 40, Colts 28

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – Really hard to know what to expect out of the Giants this year. Will Eli Manning be the same turnover prone QB as he was a year ago, or return to pro bowl form? Will that defense return to Super Bowl season levels, or be a sieve once again? Then there’s the Lions, who have mastered the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I like the Lions at home, but this one could really go either way. Lions 31, Giants 24

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – I like the Cardinals and their potential, but the Chargers are a dark horse Super Bowl candidate, in my estimation. UPSET! – Chargers 27, Cardinals 20

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby DBSoT » Sep 01, '14, 10:31 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - I see the Seahawks taking this one. The Seahawks defense holds off Aaron Rodgers just long enough for Russel Wilson and Marshawn Lynch to beat an average at best Green Bay defense. Seattle 27 Green Bay 21

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 - NOLA looked in the off season to be serious about upgrading their defense and becoming an Super Bowl contender. This being in Atlanta is why the line is down to 3. Atlanta will be better, but this is a rough game to start with. NOLA 34 Atlanta 24

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 This is a game built on one starter who is a career back up and shouldn't be and a career starter who should be a back up. I will be in the minority, but I believe in Shaun Hill to be a solid starter. He won't be Rodgers or Peyton, but he could be serviceable and win games. Also this Rams team is a beast on the D Line and will be ready for the AP show. If Minny can get AP over 100 yards they will win, but I don't see that happening here. Rams 24 Vikings 21

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 - The old saying of "somebody must hate Cleveland" is very appropriate after this off season. No WRs drafted, check. Josh Gordon boned by the league, check. Well at least they have Bron-love and a good browns defense. Steelers 24 Browns 14

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 - Jacksonville um? ok. Yah. So Philly will look good this year with the addition of Darren Sproles and Foles in his 2nd year. Eagles 34 Jaguars 17

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 - Can a rookie QB beat a 2nd year QB. Yes, yes he can. That is because his defense will be better then last year and I dont believe in Geno Smith. This game will also be more about the aging RBs more then the QBs. MJD and Run DMC vs Chris Johnson. I see Oakland squeezes out a close one and Carr plays just well enough. UPSET Raiders 21 Jets 17

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 - When in doubt listen to Vegas. They are saying take Cincy. You get 3 points for being at home which once taken out makes Cincy the favorite on the road. Cincy will be running more then ever with their new OC in place. Taking the game out of Dalton's hands a bit. This game is obviously close, but I give the edge to UPSET Cincy. Bengals 31 Ravens 24

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 - The Bills could not score in a whore house and even with Chicago's piss poor D they will continue to struggle. Expect Marshall, Cutlers, and company to roll. Bears 34 Bills 10

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 - I almost feel bad for RG3 in this game because JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney may destroy him. Washington has had a bad oline in recent history. Well that does not bode well against the Texans D Line. On the other side who the hell is playing QB for Houston? Ryan Fitzpatrick? Well ok my decision is made. UPSET Racist name 21 Texans 14

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 - Two things I believe about this game. I believe in Tennessee this year and I don't in the Chiefs. My explanation will be too long and you are probably not reading this anyway. UPSET Titans 17 Chiefs 13

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 - Ok I am tired the rest of these will just be scores. Patriots 24 Dolphins 21

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 - UPSET Panthers 20 Bucs 17

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 - Niners can actually play defense. 49ers 31 Cowboys 17

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 - Broncos 44 Colts 34

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 - Until Eli figures things out and the giants start getting healthy I don't see them beating the Lions and I am very aware of the Lions faults. Lions 31 Giants 17

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 - UPSET Chargers 27 Cardinals 21

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Sep 01, '14, 10:41 pm

DBSoT wrote:average at best Green Bay defense.

They may very well turn out to be average or below average, but I definitely wouldn't say average at best. Before injuries to Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews last year, the Packers were on pace to finish as a top ten defense in the league and had the league's #1 run defense. If Rodgers stays on the field (giving the defense some relief) and the defense can at least keep its top playmakers healthy, there's no reason they can't wind up in the top 10 this year for total defense.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Romo » Sep 02, '14, 1:41 am

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - UPSET Seahawks 24, Packers 27

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – – Falcons 17, Saints 27

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – UPSET! – Vikings 20, Rams 13

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – Steelers 27, Browns 21

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – Eagles 38, Jaguars 13

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – UPSET! – Raiders 27, Jets 10

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – – Bengals 13, Ravens 17

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 Bears 31, Bills 24

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – UPSET Redskins 21, Texans 14

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 –Chiefs 18, Titans 10

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – Patriots 31, Dolphins 19

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Buccaneers 24, Panthers 21

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – 49ers 27, Cowboys 24

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – UPSET Broncos 31, Colts 34

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 Lions 34, Giants 17

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – UPSET! – Chargers 21, Cardinals 20

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby DBSoT » Sep 02, '14, 6:19 am

Everlong wrote:
DBSoT wrote:average at best Green Bay defense.

They may very well turn out to be average or below average, but I definitely wouldn't say average at best. Before injuries to Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews last year, the Packers were on pace to finish as a top ten defense in the league and had the league's #1 run defense. If Rodgers stays on the field (giving the defense some relief) and the defense can at least keep its top playmakers healthy, there's no reason they can't wind up in the top 10 this year for total defense.
They already have the injury bug with Raji out. Even if they are better I highly doubt the numbers will bare it out with a division that includes the Bears and Lions offenses.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Sep 02, '14, 12:33 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - The NFL certainly knows how to kick off its season in grand fashion with a stand alone game of this caliber. How this game plays out could be very interesting. If the Seahawks are going to be a threat to repeat this year they are going to need to develop that offense a little more and they certainly invested in it this off-season. The Packers are going to have to play strong defense, at least situationally, because they won't score 35-40 points against this defense. It also will be interesting to have a first test to see how defense will be officiated this season with Seattle's defense in the scope right off the bat. I think Seattle wins a really exciting, back and forth battle of strength vs strength. Seattle Seahawks 31, GB Packers 27

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – Atlanta is not as bad as they played last year and injuries really derailed their season. The Falcons are fully healthy and they are playing at home where they pretty much always have a lot of success. Divisional games always are harder to win on the road than other games and I think this will be no different. I believe both teams will pretty much have their way on offense, not necessarily with big plays, but definitely being able to move the ball methodically. I'll say Matt Ryan engineers a big fourth quarter drive to get their season off on the right foot. UPSET!!! Atlanta Falcons 27, NO Saints 24

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – Very interesting game early on as both teams have underrated potential, but can they actually have success could be another story. The Sam Bradford injury is a blow to the Rams, but lucky for them they are built more on defense and running the ball which they could be able to do in this game. What the Vikings look like this year could somewhat be anyone's guess. Their offense has potential, especially when Teddy Ballgame gets in the games. I'll pick St. Louis to win this game, but wouldn't be surprised to see this game go another way. St. Louis Rams 24, Minnesota Vikings 21

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – BLEH! I can't remember a season where I've been less excited for Cleveland Browns football. Not only are they short on playmakers, their playmakers are just short with 3 of 5 receivers measuring in under 5-10. I'll hang onto the fact that Pittsburgh struggled to stop the run in the pre-season, but that can only keep them in the game, not win it. Shittburgh Squeelers 24, Cleveland Browns 22

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – Much like the Thursday Night game, this is a strength vs strength battle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jacksonville give Philly's offense more trouble than people are expecting, especially as they test out their offense without Desean Jackson. That however doesn't convince me they can still score enough to beat an Eagles team that will score some points. Philly Eagles 27, Jacksonville Jaguars 21

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – What the hell is this game? Carr will be starting for the Raiders and he's probably the rookie QB I liked the least during the whole drafting process, so I don't know what that says for them. Oakland is starting an unbelievable month of travelling to start the season with this game and I don't think that will help a team that needs help so much. Jets aren't a very good team, but they should be able to start the year on a good note anyways. NY Jets 27, Oakland Raiders 23

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 - Fun little fact, in 2013, of the 12 AFC North games played in the division, 11 of them were won by the home team. These teams are the two most talented teams in this division and they should show that throughout the year. Baltimore recovered from a rough off-season of salary cap decisions following their Super Bowl run, but this team did just win the Super Bowl in 2012, they know how to get it done as an organization. Contrary, Cincy is replacing both coordinators and introducing new systems on both sides of the ball. I believe Baltimore at home has a better chance to fire on all cylinders in these circumstances compared to the Bengals. Baltimore Ravens 28, Cincy Bengals 27

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – I've got Chicago as a playoff team this year and if they are going to do just that they need to start the season with a win at home against a Bills team that is on the rise, but a step behind them. Chicago Bears 27, Buffalo Bills 24

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – Ryan Mallett isn't saving the day for Houston. Washington had a step back last year, but I think they will at least contend in the NFC East this year as RGIII recovers from his knee injury fully. UPSET!!! Washington Redskins 24, Houston Texans 20

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – This is a very interesting way to start the season. Teams that start 1-0 are twice as likely to make the playoffs as teams that begin 0-1 and these two teams could be competing with each other for the final wild card spot in the AFC down the stretch. This game could loom large. KC Chiefs 28, Tennessee Titans 24

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – Patriots are the owners of the AFC East and until someone knocks them off or their two-headed monster retires they will stay that way. NE Patriots 27, Miami Dolphins 21

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Tampa Bay is a trendy pick to surprise people and win their division, but I just don't see it. That being said, I also believe that Carolina is taking a step back this year with Cam starting the season banged up and his weapons not being there around him. Tampa could win this game and I'll pick them, but I believe that says more about Carolina than it does the Buccaneers. TB Buccaneers 20, Carolina Panthers 17

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – Interesting game with two teams that are sort of enigmas in their current state and going into the season. I'll take the more known commodity in the Niners, but I'm not sold. SF Niners 24, Dallas Cowboys 23

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Denver could totally run roughshod on the AFC this season if their defense becomes as good as I believe they look on paper this year. The Colts could be in for a rough day in this re-match from last year of the Broncos first loss of the season. Denver Broncos 31, Indy Colts 21

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – The Giants are also very unpredictable to me. When Eli puts it all together he's capable of being an elite QB in this league, but he is far too inconsistent. Lions need to figure out their defense and discipline issues and we'll see if they can do that, but I'll give them credit for a win at home to start the year. Detroit Lions 27, NY Giants 17

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – The Chargers to me are a very promising team to take a risk on with Mike McCoy being one of my favorite young head coaches in the NFL. Consider this, in his last three years, he was OC in Denver and then HC in San Diego. He began a year with Kyle Orton at QB, discarded him and the entire offense midway through and tailored a team towards Tim Tebow and won a playoff game to get to the Divisional Round, the next year he reworked the offense again for newly acquired Peyton Manning and made the divisional playoffs again. Then he takes over in San Diego and takes Phillip Rivers to the divisional playoffs in his first year. It could be scary what McCoy can do with a QB in his second season with him. UPSET!!! SD Chargers 27, Arizona Cardinals 24

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Sep 03, '14, 7:51 am

ONE DAY until football... get at least your Thursday pick and your year long picks in NOW!!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby RatedRBowler » Sep 03, '14, 1:12 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - Man, I'm so excited for this game and football's return in general! Anyways, I'm taking the Packers because I'm a homer dumbass who never picks against them. But honesty I feel like if they can put together a full team performance then they can take this game no doubt. I absolutely expect Lacy to have a big game and help the Packers win the time of possession battle. I think the Packers' D will be improved enough to keep this game fairly low scoring and I trust Rodgers and that Packers' offense a helluva lot more than I did the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

My biggest concern is our rookie center. Hopefully he'll be able to zone out the insane electricity from the crowd and not make any major mistakes. I truly expect the Packers offense to be explosive this year with a healthy Rodgers and Lacy together. If we can avoid injuries this year I love our chances getting to and in the playoffs. This will be a great test to see how good this team is. Go Pack! Green Bay Packers 24, Seattle Seahawks 20 UPSET!!!

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – I'm in the camp that thinks the Falcons will be much better this year however I think the Saints will be one of the best teams in the league this year. Giving it to 'em on the road. Saints, 21, Falcons 16

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – Rams D will make it too hard for Minnesota to put up significant points. Rams 20, Vikings 13

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – Browns are too shitty on offense for me to take. I picked the Steelers for a wildcard spot and I expect them to start hot outta the gate. Steelers 30, Browns 20

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – I'm not sure how great the Eagles offense will be. Good at the least but will Foles play as good as he was for awhile last year? Regardless, Eagles take this one easily enough. Eagles 29, Jaguars 10

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – I'll stick with my first instinct and take the Jets. But I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland wins. Jets 16, Raiders 13

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – Hard to say but I'm going with the Bengals because I trust them a little more. Bengals 25, Ravens 18 UPSET!!!

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – Bears should dominate. They have alot of potential this year and Buffalo just ain't that good.Bears 42, Bills 24

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – Redskins should be pretty good this year but that depends on RG3. I'll go with them here but I'm not completely sold yet. Redskins 20, Texans 14

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – I'll go with the team that I know has a good defense and a solid QB. Chiefs 23, Titans 14

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – I'm REALLY temped to take the upset here but I can't bet against Brady in week 1. Patriots 31, Dolphins 27

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Gotta go with Tampa if Cam doesn't play. I'd give them a good chance even if he does. Buccaneers 24, Panthers 9

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – I'm also very tempted to go against the Niners here. The Cowboys CAN score points and they will against a beat up 49ers defense. They can't stop the other team from scoring though. Kap and that offense are way too up and down for me to believe in but I'll take them anyways because I'm sure Romo and the Cowboys can find some way to fuck up late in the game.49ers 27, Cowboys 22

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Beatdown written all over it. Hope I'm wrong though, I wanna see a good game. Broncos 45, Colts 28

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – I think the Giants will be terrible this year. Lions have a shot at the division and certainly the playoffs. Give it to them and their high powered offense. Lions 35, Giants 23

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – Cards' defense will come to play and they'll win a close one. Should be a pretty good game. Cardinals 20, Chargers 13

Last edited by RatedRBowler on Sep 06, '14, 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

Postby BSM » Sep 03, '14, 2:16 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - Seahawks

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – – Saints

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – UPSET! – Vikings

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – Steelers

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – Eagles

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – Jets

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – UPSET!- Bengals

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5- Bears

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – Texans

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – Chiefs

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – Patriots

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – UPSET!- Panthers

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – UPSET!- Cowboys

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Broncos

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5- Lions

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – UPSET! – Chargers

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby Philip Rivers » Sep 03, '14, 3:44 pm

Seahawks 28
Packers 23

Banggggg!

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 100

Postby Everlong » Sep 03, '14, 3:59 pm

Philip Rivers wrote:Seahawks 28
Packers 23

Banggggg!

Welcome back :tim

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Philip Rivers » Sep 03, '14, 5:00 pm

Everlong wrote:
Philip Rivers wrote:Seahawks 28
Packers 23

Banggggg!

Welcome back :tim

Thanks! Been on the paper trail. :tim

Sorry to pick against the Pack, surely going to be one of the better teams this year due to A Gawd but, defensively, well you know. I don't trust that squad on that side of the ball yet. I'm expecting the Hawks to be on point. We'll see tomorrow night, hell yeah!

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 100

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Sep 03, '14, 5:02 pm

Seahawks - 28
Packers - 20

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby GNR » Sep 03, '14, 6:32 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - Seahawks 24, Packers 21

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Sep 04, '14, 12:46 am

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - Seahawks 24 Packers 13

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – Saints 31 Falcons 24

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – Rams 24 Vikings 17

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – Steelers 27 Browns 14

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – Eagles 31 Jaguars 16

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – Jets 23 Raiders 10

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – UPSET!!! Bengals 20 Ravens 16

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – Bears 31 Bills 20

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – UPSET!!! Redskins 17 Texans 14

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – Chiefs 21 Titans 14

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – Patriots 31 Dolphins 23

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – UPSET!!! Panthers 23 Buccaneers 20

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – 49ers 27 Cowboys 20

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Broncos 35 Colts 24

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – Lions 30 Giants 20

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – Cardinals 24 Chargers 20

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby JDD » Sep 04, '14, 5:10 am

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - Seahawks

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – Saints

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – UPSET! Vikings

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – Eagles

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – UPSET! Bengals

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – Bears

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – UPSET! Redskins

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Buccaneers

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – Niners

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – Lions

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – UPSET! Chargers

Last edited by JDD on Sep 06, '14, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby xgamr » Sep 04, '14, 5:22 am

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – Saints

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – Rams

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 -Eagles

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – UPSET Bengals

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 –Bears

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – UPSET Redskins

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Bucs

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – 49ers

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – Lions

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – UPSET Chargers

Last edited by xgamr on Sep 07, '14, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Messiah » Sep 04, '14, 8:05 am

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - This is an intriguing match-up. Seattle's strength is their pass defense, Green Bay has the best quarterback in the NFL with some talented receivers in Cobb, Nelson, Boykin, etc. Seattle's weakness is their run defense, Green Bay will suit up Eddie Lacy who is coming off a solid rookie campaign. Seattle's strength is their exceptional depth on offense and ability to have so many guys step up at critical moments, Green Bay's weakness is their depth on defense. I could go on and on. While I adore Aaron Rodgers, I just like the Seahawks too much to go against them opening week. They are built for success and in their house, I think they should be able to handle the Packers. Seattle Seahawks 23, Green Bay Packers 14

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – One of the hardest games of the week for me. I don't know what to expect out of Atlanta - they are a competitive team in the Georgia Dome and Matt Ryan is still a solid QB who will be getting back Julio Jones. However, I think this team has too many flaws still (offensive line, running game, run defense, pass defense... pretty much everything) to compete with a New Orleans ball club that I think should be considered by all legitimate Super Bowl contenders. If this wasn't in Atlanta's house, I would be expecting a blowout. As it is, it'll be close but New Orleans has too much firepower on offense and a fantastic defense that will overwhelm Atlanta in the end. New Orleans Saints 28, Atlanta Falcons 20

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – Not a big fan of either of these teams but I do like Shaun Hill a bit more than I like Matt Cassel and St. Louis will be at home. St. Louis Rams 20, Minnesota Vikings 13

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – Pittsburgh Steelers are a tough team to figure out. They still have Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback but not a lot of people are giving them much of a chance to make the playoffs. I don't know if they will but I do know they play the Cleveland Browns and the Browns, who don't get me wrong will put up a tough fight, just don't have enough on offense for this game. Plus, I am kind of questioning Pettine's coaching ability. It's early but I don't like how he has handled this situation at all. Pittsburgh Steelers 17, Cleveland Browns 6

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – I think this is going to be a LOT closer than people think. It is a joke Blake Bortles isn't starting but I like the team they are building down there. A physical defense in the mold of the Seattle Seahawks with a running game that will come at you - expect Toby Gerhart to have a big season barring injury. Unfortunately for Gus Bradley, they just aren't talented enough. Philadelphia Eagles 27, Jacksonville Jaguars 21

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – Oakland Raiders are a bad team relying on a bunch of injury-prone, past-their-prime, old veterans. I'm not saying McKenzie has done a bad job because he is doing as much as he can to rebuild a dismal franchise but they are not built for success although I like Carr a lot. Always did at Fresno State and thought he had potential to be a first round pick. But New York's front seven is too damn good. New York Jets 24, Oakland Raiders 10

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – Changing pick to Bengals with Ladarious Webb out. UPSET Bengals 20, Ravens 14

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – Chicago will be a below average team this year I reckon. Zero improvements on defense in my opinion and I don't think they match the offensive success of last year even with Cutler's return. However, EJ Manuel kind of sucks and the Bills lack an identity. I'll go with the Bears here. Chicago Bears 28, Buffalo Bills 17

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – Ryan Fitzpatrick is incompetent but has had spurts of success in the past. But I like Robert Griffin to rebound this year (not like he was that bad last year; his struggles were overstated) with a solid group around him on offense. UPSET Washington Redskins 24, Houston Texans 17

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – Tennessee has a lot of potential on both offense and defense; it will ultimately depend on if Jake Locker can continue to develop and most importantly stay healthy. Chiefs are a tough cookie to figure out as well. Shoddy pass defense still, offensive line isn't good, and outside of Jamaal Charles and potentially Travis Kelce not a lot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball either with Dwayne Bowe suspended for the first 2 games. I'll actually go with the upset here because I think Tennessee has more firepower and a defense good enough to keep Charles in check (relatively speaking). UPSTET Tennessee Titans 20, Kansas City Chiefs 13

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – Miami Dolphins are going to regress both offensively and defensively - I just don't see enough improvements on the team while New England is healthy and looking better than ever defensively. New England Patriots 24, Miami Dolphins 14

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Cam Newton is coming into this game on a surgically repaired ankle that bothered him throughout the preseason and now fractured ribs that kept him out of the 4th preseason game and practice Wednesday. Considering their slow starts in past seasons, I can't see them beating a Tampa Bay team that should be good on defense and has more weapons on offense (Evans, Jackson, Martin, etc). Although their offensive line is fucking shit. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20, Carolina Panthers 10

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – San Francisco lost a lot of players in the secondary, Navorro Bowman is out, Aldon Smith is suspended, and an aging defensive line (Justin Smith is no longer the top five defensive player he once was) all lead to me doubting if SF can make it back to the playoffs in the ultra-competitive NFC conference. However, Dallas might have the worst defense I have seen talent wise since the 2008 Detroit Lions. I'll be surprised if this is a shootout and in a high scoring, close game that comes down to the wire, give me Jim Harbaugh's team. San Francisco 49ers 40, Dallas Cowboys 34

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Indianapolis Colts are built to suck. They are lucky they have one of the easiest schedules in the history of mankind because they have so many flaws on their team it is ridiculous. I don't see this being a competitive game even though I don't expect a lot from Manning this year either, well compared to what one usually expects anyway. Denver Broncos 30, Indianapolis Colts 17

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 –Eli Manning looked awful in the preseason. Stafford picked up more chemistry with other guys on the team with Johnson out and now that Johnson is back, I'll go with Detroit here. But can someone explain to me why THIS game is on Monday Night Football, of all the games to choose from? Detroit Lions 24, New York Giants 20

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – Cardinals defense won't be as good as it was last year and Carson Palmer is, well, Carson Palmer. UPSTET San Diego Chargers 21, Arizona Cardinals 14

Last edited by Messiah on Sep 07, '14, 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby UTK » Sep 04, '14, 11:19 am

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - SEATTLE

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – NEW ORLEANS

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – ST. LOUIS

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – PITT

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – PHILLY

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 –JETS

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – BALTIMORE

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – CHICAGO

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – UPSET! WASHINGTON

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – KANSAS CITY

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – PATS

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – UPSET! CAROLINA

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – SAN FRAN

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – DENVER

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – UPSET! GIANTS

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – UPSET! SAN DIEGO

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HFX » Sep 04, '14, 11:28 am

THURSDAY NIGHT: GAME OF THE WEEK—Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks, SEA by 6 - Seahawks 30, Packers 28

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons, NO by 3 – Saints 35, Falcons 23

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams, STL by 4 – UPSET! Vikings 24, Rams 16

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 6.5 – Steelers 32, Browns 17

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 10 – Eagles 42, Jaguars 13

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets, NYJ by 5 – UPSET! Raiders 20, Jets 13

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens, BAL by 1.5 – UPSET! Bengals 28, Ravens 21

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5 – Bears 36, Bills 16

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans, HOU by 2.5 – UPSET! Redskins 27, Texans 12

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 4 – Chiefs 24, Titans 21

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, NE by 4.5 – Patriots 32, Dolphins 24

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 1 – Buccaneers 23, Panthers 6

San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys, SF by 5 – 49ers 31, Cowboys 28

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos, DEN by 7.5 – Broncos 38, Colts 30

New York Giants at Detroit Lions, DET by 5 – Lions 26, Giants 17

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 3 – UPSET! Chargers 34, Cardinals 23

Last edited by HFX on Sep 07, '14, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Next

Return to NFL