It is currently: Jun 05, '24, 3:17 am

Pub Talk Fantasy Football Sign-up thread

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Re: Pub Talk Fantasy Football Sign-up thread

Postby motionmann » Jul 30, '14, 12:11 pm

Irin do it!! It won't be casual though! I'm in it to win it!!

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 9

Postby SKS » Jul 30, '14, 12:50 pm

I'm already in three other leagues, so doing another one would already be pushing it for me. I'm down for the one with the old timers, but if we do that on top of the two separate leagues, then you can take me off the list of 24 as I don't want to do five leagues :P

Again, I was just joking around with my previous post but I don't think there's a problem with the old timers having one league and the rest of the sign ups being in the other one. The main reason a thread was made to see how many wanted to play and if even the old group wanted to play together, because if they didn't, then it'd just be randomized. Having the whole 24 member list being randomized instead of letting those that want to choose just sounds pointless. What if we all end up in the league we want anyway? :lol

I don't really see the big deal if we do have the league we wanted. It's not like there's money on the line. If anything, it allows both leagues to be wide open and competitive. Nothing against others that signed up because you're all great people but the main reason I wanted to join is so I could play with the oldies.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby Everlong » Jul 30, '14, 1:59 pm

I don't really have strong feelings either way, but if there's really going to be a big kerfluffle over it then we'll just do the arranged leagues. I just didn't want this to turn into an "old boys club" sort of deal where people are automatically excluded from a league just because they don't talk to others as much; that's not what this site is about.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Jul 30, '14, 2:02 pm

I'm fine with whatever but my only 100% needed request is I have to be randomly selected into a group with SKS. Irin would be a bonus because of our grudge :angrysanta :lol

I can see why some people would feel left out and possibly even hurt by the proposed 12 person old timey group that excludes them. I just hope they know it's nothing against them, some people are just kinda excited at the thought of pissing off and beating friends is all :lol. Everyone still loves y'all.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jul 30, '14, 2:08 pm

Romo wrote:
Irin wrote:Well if anyone didn't mind managing two teams, I wouldn't mind making a separate super-casual one on ESPN or NFL.com

The PubTalk one can be randomized and the other one can be for the old-timers.

sounds good to me

Sounds good to me also

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 30, '14, 2:11 pm

How about we do it this style. We do the "veterans" league mentioned, with the others in the other league. Next season the Top 4 finishers in the 2nd league move up to the "Veteran" league, whilst the Bottom 4 in the "Vet" league drop down. Promotion and relegation up in this mug!! :tim

Just an idea, or we could do ignore my idea and do random. :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Jul 30, '14, 2:11 pm

Everlong wrote:I don't really have strong feelings either way, but if there's really going to be a big kerfluffle over it then we'll just do the arranged leagues. I just didn't want this to turn into an "old boys club" sort of deal where people are automatically excluded from a league just because they don't talk to others as much; that's not what this site is about.

I didn't bring it up initially because I didn't want people to feel that way either. I prefer the old-school league not because of who I talk to more or anything (for example, I don't think I have ever really talked to Irin) but moreso for nostalgia.

Like I said though I don't care either way, although I do like Irin's idea of just doing a separate league. My main thing is being in a league with Shooter but at the end of the day it isn't a big deal. I wouldn't want anyone to feel like it is a clique thing because it isn't, not to me anyway; the list I put in the chatbox didn't even have DanielsonThaGOAT in it and I talk to him more than I do a lot of people here.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Jul 30, '14, 2:13 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:How about we do it this style. We do the "veterans" league mentioned, with the others in the other league. Next season the Top 4 finishers in the 2nd league move up to the "Veteran" league, whilst the Bottom 4 in the "Vet" league drop down. Promotion and relegation up in this mug!! :tim

That could be pretty cool. I actually am involved in a 48-team (four separate league) Fantasy Football Premiership that works this way. Based on the results of the previous year teams get promoted/relegated.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby JDD » Jul 30, '14, 2:13 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:How about we do it this style. We do the "veterans" league mentioned, with the others in the other league. Next season the Top 4 finishers in the 2nd league move up to the "Veteran" league, whilst the Bottom 4 in the "Vet" league drop down. Promotion and relegation up in this mug!! :tim

That actually sounds really fun :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 30, '14, 2:15 pm

Everlong wrote:

That could be pretty cool. I actually am involved in a 48-team (four separate league) Fantasy Football Premiership that works this way. Based on the results of the previous year teams get promoted/relegated.

It could be a lot of fun, plus it adds drama to the later weeks with some teams out of contention.

We could always even adjust it to Top 6 and Bottom 6 if people aren't happy with 4.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Jul 30, '14, 2:17 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:

It could be a lot of fun, plus it adds drama to the later weeks with some teams out of contention.

We could always even adjust it to Top 6 and Bottom 6 if people aren't happy with 4.

Yeah I think 6 for the first year just so it's truly top half/bottom half of each put together, then next year switch it to four so it's more competitive.

If GameDesigner doesn't sign in and check this soon I can just get it set up, I haven't seen her posting in a bit.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DBSoT » Jul 30, '14, 2:23 pm

I actually really like the idea of promotion and relegation. I think that's a fair compromise. It guarantees that we will have the best of the best after a few seasons.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Romo » Jul 30, '14, 2:25 pm

note to all in my league

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby SKS » Jul 30, '14, 2:52 pm

I wasn't actually serious about quitting the league if it didn't happen the exact way I wanted it to go....it was a joke....:lol

I just didn't know why people were so against it. You're going to be in a league no matter what. If people that played together long ago want to be together, why not let them? I guess I was just a bit upset that we couldn't do the old timer league. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

The relegation/promotion sounds fun though.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jul 30, '14, 3:11 pm

That sounds perfect. I am 100% fine with it and can't wait!!!

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Ali » Jul 30, '14, 3:22 pm

I love the idea of promotions. Now I just have to come up with a team that doesn't collapse upon itself late in the season.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 30, '14, 3:24 pm

Just logged into my Yahoo Fantasy profile and checked my history. @Messiah will like this! :P

2009 WWE Club Veterans League:

Regular Season Standings:

1) Romosexual Tendencies - 13-2
2) Smokin Stogies - 12-3
3) RAWRSTORME - 10-5 (Messiah)
4) The Str8Shooters - 10-5 (me)

Playoffs:

4) Str8Shooters def/ 1) Romosexual Tendencies: 106.82 to 97.14
3) RAWRSTORME fed 2) Smokin Stogies: 142.48 to 132.64

Final:

4) Str8Shooters def 3 RAWRSTORME: 117.08 to 103.48

I also won the WWE Club AFC League in 2010, but according to this Messiah wasn't in that league that year.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby xgamr » Jul 30, '14, 3:40 pm

I want to be in the vet league if that idea is set up.

I dont mind setting up the nfl league one for those who want in as i commish 2 other leagues.

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Messiah » Jul 30, '14, 3:48 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Just logged into my Yahoo Fantasy profile and checked my history. @Messiah will like this! :P

2009 WWE Club Veterans League:

Regular Season Standings:

1) Romosexual Tendencies - 13-2
2) Smokin Stogies - 12-3
3) RAWRSTORME - 10-5 (Messiah)
4) The Str8Shooters - 10-5 (me)

Playoffs:

4) Str8Shooters def/ 1) Romosexual Tendencies: 106.82 to 97.14
3) RAWRSTORME fed 2) Smokin Stogies: 142.48 to 132.64

Final:

4) Str8Shooters def 3 RAWRSTORME: 117.08 to 103.48

I also won the WWE Club AFC League in 2010, but according to this Messiah wasn't in that league that year.

I didn't think you would shove it into my face like that. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Messiah » Jul 30, '14, 4:07 pm

Yeah in 2010 I was in the NFC league, not AFC. I am about 99% sure there was another year where you beat me in the championship game though.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PreviousNext

Return to NFL