It is currently: May 23, '24, 3:09 am

Banned items at the Superbowl

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Banned items at the Superbowl

Postby Romo » Jan 15, '14, 12:53 pm

So basically you're going to have to pay the stupid amount of money its costs for the stadium food and drink if you want to food/drink whilst there, just more and more money they're stealing from fans who i'm guessing have paid up to the near thousands for tickets

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 225

Re: Banned items at the Superbowl

Postby The Legend » Jan 15, '14, 12:55 pm

This isn't really newsworthy, I mean all of these items are banned at any and all NFL football games as far as I know.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby JDD » Jan 15, '14, 2:12 pm

Yeah like Legend said this isnt anything new. All sports dont let you bring your own stuff into the stadium so you can buy whats there. Thats why they get away with pricing the food and drinks so high.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby ShaneOfan » Jan 15, '14, 2:24 pm

Well if I can't bring explosives then whats the point in going? Thanks Obama.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby JPG619 » Jan 15, '14, 2:43 pm

The Legend wrote:This isn't really newsworthy, I mean all of these items are banned at any and all NFL football games as far as I know.

Same with hockey and Baseball in Toronto too, most places want you to buy food from the arena/stadium since people will just bring there own food to the events

This is why me and my friends go have a big dinner or lunch before the event so we only need to buy like a drink there and save our money for something else.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Locke » Jan 15, '14, 2:58 pm

This is why I'll never be considered an NFL fan. I'd never go to a Super Bowl over my arm chair when I have all the awesome food (that is way better than some shitty stadium food), way more comfort, no loud obnoxious dumb fucks around me spilling shit on me or bumping into me or cheering for the wrong fuckin' team, and no line for the bathroom.. plus more booze.

I guess I'd go if I won an all expenses paid trip with paid room and board and paid food and paid private skybox or some shit, but other than that I wouldn't go to a Super Bowl even if my favorite team was on if I have the option to be comfortable in my own home with a 50 inch flat screen TV.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Romo » Jan 15, '14, 3:11 pm

Locke wrote:This is why I'll never be considered an NFL fan. I'd never go to a Super Bowl over my arm chair when I have all the awesome food (that is way better than some shitty stadium food), way more comfort, no loud obnoxious dumb fucks around me spilling shit on me or bumping into me or cheering for the wrong fuckin' team, and no line for the bathroom.. plus more booze.

I guess I'd go if I won an all expenses paid trip with paid room and board and paid food and paid private skybox or some shit, but other than that I wouldn't go to a Super Bowl even if my favorite team was on if I have the option to be comfortable in my own home with a 50 inch flat screen TV.

True Dat!

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 225

Postby The Legend » Jan 15, '14, 3:15 pm

I would move heaven and earth to go to a Super Bowl if the Browns ever make it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jan 15, '14, 3:16 pm

Locke wrote:This is why I'll never be considered an NFL fan. I'd never go to a Super Bowl over my arm chair when I have all the awesome food (that is way better than some shitty stadium food), way more comfort, no loud obnoxious dumb fucks around me spilling shit on me or bumping into me or cheering for the wrong fuckin' team, and no line for the bathroom.. plus more booze.

Yeah and I think this is why sooner or later the NFL is going to have some attendance problems. Ticket prices keep rising, but with the economic times we're in right now it's getting harder and harder to justify shelling out the hundreds of dollars it costs for a gameday experience at an NFL stadium when you can have an experience that's AT LEAST as good in your own home for a shit ton less money.

I was soooo close to getting tickets to the Packers/49ers game the other week, but if I'd have brought a friend or my girlfriend with me it'd probably have been a $500 dollar outing taking all expenses into consideration. Uh, no thanks. Instead I watched at home, got a 6 pack of a good IPA for 8 bucks, grabbed some chips and dip and DIDN'T have to brave the -10 degree temperatures, so I'd say I came out ahead.

The blackout rules they have are awful, too. When fans aren't paying money for tickets, the solution isn't to not show the games on tv, it's to lower the fucking ticket prices, haha. How exactly do you expect support for a local team to grow when local fans can't even watch the games on TV? Makes zero sense.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Jan 15, '14, 3:30 pm

^Amen, man. AMEN.

I heard rumor they were getting rid of blackout shit but they'll probably replace it with something even worse. The NFL is getting super greedy. I would probably take my son to a regular season game when he was a year or two older to share a father-son experience that my own dad and I shared during my first Chiefs game (but that day was like -10 degrees, I'd definitely do an early game so it's not so stupid cold heh) but not if it costs me more than a brand new 50 inch flat screen TV. It costs 40 bucks to park here, too. I mean what the actual fuck?! Two hundred bucks a ticket, 40 bucks for parking, this isn't including my gas as I live 100 miles from the stadium, nor the food..

Shit's insane.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Jan 15, '14, 3:41 pm

^Yeah, parking is nuts too. Not just the price, but also how long it takes to get in and out of places.

We're pretty lucky with Lambeau Field. Since it's right in the middle of a neighborhood, there's a whole ton of free parking available on Sundays right on the city streets just a block away from the stadium. Both times I've gone to a game there I got to the stadium between three and four hours early and parked for free two blocks away, then walked over to the parking lot to check out the tailgates, haha. Most fans there are more than happy to welcome other fans into their tailgate parties, and I always toss a couple bucks their way for the generosity. Granted, I tend to make friends like that pretty easily, but i think that's a pretty regular thing haha.

But you take the new 49ers stadium, for example. The location they're building in already has absolutely awful traffic, and parking was going to be such a pain that they were considering now allowing them to host Monday or Thursday night games, because rush hour would be so unbearable. Well now, they've added 10,000 more parking spots... but what's that going to do? It just means 10,000 more cars at the stadium area, which means even more congestion. It is absolutely nuts.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Jan 15, '14, 3:56 pm

They're killing the father-son dream for a lot of blue collar people. :(

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to NFL