It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:04 am

Calling My Shot... Cleveland Browns

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Calling My Shot... Cleveland Browns

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '18, 1:45 pm

Alright, the time has come. I'm making the boldest of bold predictions: The Cleveland Browns will win the 2018 AFC North Division Title! You heard that right, and no, I'm not high on anything.

With three games left in the season, the Browns are two games back of the Steelers, but it doesn't matter. How will they get it done you ask? Well, let's take a look at the next two weeks:

The Browns play the Broncos and Bengals the next two weeks, two highly winnable games, let's say they win both. Pittsburgh plays the Patriots and at the Saints the next two weeks, two highly losable games, especially now that Big Ben is ending another season banged up. Now, for the annoying, pesky Ratbirds from Baltimore. Let's say they win this week against Tampa and then lose next week to the Chargers. All of this sets up a final season that looks like this: Baltimore would be 8-7, Cleveland and Pittsburgh would both be 7-7-1.

All that's left at that point is Browns beating the Ravens for the second time this year and then much like last year when the Bengals spoiled Baltimore's postseason plan and ended the NFL's longest playoff drought by sending the Bills to the playoffs, Cincy will beat Pittsburgh the last week of the season and end the current longest playoff drought by sending Cleveland to January for the first time since 2002.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Calling My Shot... Cleveland Browns

Postby Everlong » Dec 11, '18, 2:26 pm

Good god I fucking hope this happens, it would be amazing. But I'd be absolutely shocked.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 11, '18, 2:56 pm

Everlong wrote:Good god I fucking hope this happens, it would be amazing. But I'd be absolutely shocked.

I'd be shocked, too. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Dec 15, '18, 10:40 pm

Big win for the Browns today! Two to go!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 17, '18, 8:39 am

Damn good for nothing Patriots. Well, Browns can't win the division now. And the playoff hopes are on life support. Next week, Browns have to beat Bengals, Washington needs to beat the Titans, Chargers need to beat the Ravens, Giants need to beat the Colts, and it'd help if the Jaguars beat the Dolphins.

If that happens, the hopes stay alive and the Browns have to beat the Ravens and then the Titans and Colts need to tie.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to NFL