It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:11 pm

Today is the day that Villa get relegated

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Today is the day that Villa get relegated

Postby PorkChop » Apr 16, '16, 7:08 am

...and honestly, I couldn't care less. I'm quite looking forward to it, infact.

If we had stayed in the Premier League this year, we'd be treading water with bargain bin signings, as we have done each year for the past 5 years. We'll miss out on the TV money coming in but Lerner wouldn't invest it in the club anyway, so I don't really care. You can say that we spent £53 million in the summer, but only £4 million of that was net spend. That's an insulting lack of investment for a club of Villa's size and current predicament.

When we get relegated, cunts like Lescott, Richardson, Bacuna and the rest will leave, and we might actually win some games. Honestly, even a mid-table finish in the Championship is more appealing than another shitty season in the Premier League. You might think I'm sounding delusional, but we've won 3 games this year. 3 games. It's been utterly horrendous watching this crop of players not give a flying fuck each week, and I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the backs of them. I can't wait. I hope their careers never recover from this either.

Randy Lerner also fully deserves this. He's been ignoring the fans for years insisting that we can progress on a shoestring budget and disgraceful managerial appointments, and now he'll lose massive amounts of money for his actions. He's cemented himself as one of the worst owners in English football (and American football, shout out to the Cleveland Browns @The Legend) and fully deserves everything he gets. I hope next year he's hounded by the terraces, moreso than he already is.

I love Villa, but I hate everything the club has become. I can't wait for the team to go down and for the healing process to begin.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Today is the day that Villa get relegated

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 16, '16, 9:02 am

Villa have continued their generosity by allowing United to score a first half goal, well taken by Rashford.

On your wider points, it's sad to see Villa go down having known them to be a PL side for as long as I've been watching football but it's difficult to see them coming straight back up. Might be a few years. But you'd hope with the additions they've made behind the scenes that it's the start of some sort of plan to re-build and make good decisions.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Apr 16, '16, 10:18 am

Loved the chants of "How shit must you be, it's only 1-0" :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 16, '16, 2:24 pm

PorkChop wrote:Loved the chants of "How shit must you be, it's only 1-0" :lol

They were chanting it when it was 0-0 as well lol but United's performance indicative of the Van Gaal reign - a game in which he needed to just say: "Lads, it's Aston Villa" but knowing him he probably gave them a ten page dossier hence they were hanging on abit with Villa hitting the bar and some pressure.

On Villa, this was a good piece summing up their decline. Oh and Joleon Lescott after his phone tweeting a picture of a Mercedes recently, now says 'relegation is a weight off their shoulders and they might start putting in some performances'. Hate to break it to you Joleon...

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Daz » Apr 16, '16, 2:47 pm

On the bright side, an easy 6 points for Villa at Norwich next year.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Apr 16, '16, 4:27 pm

Stan Collymore ripping into Joleon Lescott: http://talksport.com/football/youre-dis ... 0416192319

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Apr 17, '16, 3:38 am

Slightly unrelated note, but I once managed Aston Villa in Football Manager and won he Premier League. Perhaps I should manage them.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby PorkChop » Apr 18, '16, 9:54 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/DickinsonTim ... 3132592129

What the fuck? They were only appointed to the board about a month ago. I don't understand what's going on?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsport_dav ... 5826237440
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgVmi3gUIAEZir3.jpg:large

What the fuck

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Apr 18, '16, 1:57 pm

It's extremely sad from an outside perspective to see what's happening to Villa. I can't imagine what it's like for a fan. for all my frustrations with Norwich at times, especially over the past few weeks, at least we don't have a cancerous cunt in charge of the club.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Apr 18, '16, 2:35 pm

Rumours have it that King and Bernstein disagreed with Lerner over the appointment of a manager, so they've walked out. So either they've recommended someone and Lerner has rejected it, or Lerner is in the process of appointing someone who they consider unsuitable. Although neither of them mention him in their resignations, they're clearly not happy with some of the decisions that have been made recently.

The BBC are reporting today that Moyes is interested in the job. If Lerner has rejected Moyes then he's even more clueless than I thought. Villa should be moving mountains to get someone like Moyes, but knowing Lerner he'll appoint Paulo Di Canio.

I haven't seen a club in such a mess since Leeds went down. I don't think we'll be back in the Premier League while Lerner's around, which unfortunately looks like it might be a while yet. Not even the Venkys are this bad.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Apr 18, '16, 3:34 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... gated.html

Agbonlahor pictured out partying after we got relegated. Top bloke, Villa through and through.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to Soccer/Football