It is currently: May 09, '24, 12:11 am

Harry Kane - World Class?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Thoughts?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 2

Harry Kane - World Class?

Postby PorkChop » Apr 02, '16, 12:32 pm

I've seen debates on Reddit about whether Harry Kane is world class. Some say absolutely, others laugh it off.

I'd say he is. He's 22 and has scored 20+ goals in back to back seasons in the Premier League. His finishing is superb but he doesn't get enough recognition for his first touch, hold up play and passing, too - each of which are fantastic.

If he was the same age, the same exact player, but he was Brazilian and played for Arsenal, people would be talking much more highly of him. I have no problem calling him world class. For anyone who says he isn't, what more does he have to do?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Harry Kane - World Class?

Postby Daz » Apr 02, '16, 3:45 pm

Seeing how different he is from his loan spell at Norwich, to now, is just incredible. He's the most instinctive English finisher I've seen in a decade. He's also fantastic at creating chances for himself out of very little, because he can shoot from anywhere it seems and find the net, because he does have an impeccable first touch.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Re: Harry Kane - World Class?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 02, '16, 3:47 pm

I'd be hesitant to say world class, just yet, but he's getting close. I'd say a really good impact at the Euros would get him there and gain more recognition. If he was to guide Spurs to the title, which seems unlikely now, then he'd have a title to reward his goals. But damn, only 22?! Levy's already got pound signs in his eyes when he sells him as eventually, he will leave but Pochettino's work might nudge him to stay.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to Soccer/Football