It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:49 pm

December 2015 Football Thread: "Chat Shit Get Banged" Edition

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: December 2015 Football Thread: "Chat Shit Get Banged" Edition

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 23, '15, 3:12 pm

They've faced every challenge but yes, I imagine at SOME point, they will.

Rumours that Arsenal have had phone contact with Pep Guardiola's team. It couldn't be scripted better, potentially. Wenger wins his first league title since the Invincibles in 2004, retires and hands the reigns to Pep who tbh, likes London and would probably be a better fit than City or United even though I hope United try to get him and use his admiration for the club as a luring point.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 24, '15, 2:41 pm

Rangers announced today they've fully repaid Mike Ashley's £5m loan, all I can hope is that this means the end of that cancerous fucker's influence on my club, and that the outrageous securities that the moronic old board let him take out will be returned to the club.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 24, '15, 4:29 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Rangers announced today they've fully repaid Mike Ashley's £5m loan, all I can hope is that this means the end of that cancerous fucker's influence on my club, and that the outrageous securities that the moronic old board let him take out will be returned to the club.

Hasn't he still got a significant shareholding in the club though?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 24, '15, 4:39 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:Rangers announced today they've fully repaid Mike Ashley's £5m loan, all I can hope is that this means the end of that cancerous fucker's influence on my club, and that the outrageous securities that the moronic old board let him take out will be returned to the club.

Hasn't he still got a significant shareholding in the club though?

He owns 9%, with the board uniting against him as they no doubt will I doubt he can really get anything done with that. Until now as terms of the loan he controlled the club's retail operations and also had security over our training facilities and the club's trademarks. With the loan repaid his ability to significantly affect the club is removed.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Dec 28, '15, 8:33 am

Referee in this Bolton vs Blackburn game has missed about 3 definite penalties. Shite performance.

Zak Clough has been pretty terrible as well. Very lively, but as soon as he touches the ball he's very clumsy and has wasted many passes and shots. I've heard good things about him but I can't see it. Could just be a bad game.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 28, '15, 9:55 am

Shaqiri has scored a lovely goal for Stoke to put them 2-1 up but Southampton's first goal vs Arsenal on Saturday was better IMO..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Dec 28, '15, 12:00 pm

Norwich needed a win today. Thankfully we played Villa so it came gift wrapped.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Dec 28, '15, 12:33 pm

Daz wrote:Norwich needed a win today. Thankfully we played Villa so it came gift wrapped.

No problem. Hope you enjoyed your 3 points!

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 28, '15, 4:26 pm

United having another 0-0 with Chelsea probably gives LVG another few more games now. The performance was good and more intent and if it came from direction from LVG to play quicker in the attacking third then that's hopeful but whether we replicate that same sort of display vs Swansea will be the test.

Martial had his best game on the wing, continuing to add to Ivanovic's woes but laughable Rooney got motm, you would think he scored a couple and assisted from the pundits analysis.

Woodword will be even more inclined to back LVG on that performance and LVG's post match comments were those of a man who knew he had his boss backing. More assured.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 29, '15, 12:01 pm

Big win over Hibs yesterday, nervy in the start as Hibs went ahead but Rangers took over the game and played well. Jason Holt was the biggest bargain of the summer I'd say. 22 years old, £65k and a really bloody good player, I'd hope to see him get a look in for Scotland. Hibs striker Jason Cummings looks a player too, his finish to open the scoring against us was so smooth and he's been scoring a lot against us. Might be a bit much to hope we bring him in, we could do with a finisher like that.

Great game to watch, some good football and the atmosphere was fantastic. Only blemish on the day for me was the incident with Andy Halliday and Fraser Fyvie, bit of a coming together shoulder to shoulder, little kick out from Halliday. Alright, give him a yellow and move on. But then Fyvie starts falling about holding his face and Halliday is sent off. Surely that counts as simulation? Anyway, glad to be back on top of the league.

Hearing that Rangers are close to signing Doncaster's Harry Forrester, a player who I know nothing about but I've heard he's pretty good. Could just be the rumour mill in full flow again but we'll see.

I've not been following too much transfer stuff outside of my own club, are there any deals on the horizon for any of your teams? Let's hear them. :)

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 30, '15, 2:25 pm

United were targeting a LB but that's gone quiet. I don't envisage any signings as the club are unsure about how much money they give their under-pressure manager.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Jan 02, '16, 10:11 am

This is the most incompetent Villa team I've ever seen, good lord.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Jan 02, '16, 1:34 pm

PorkChop wrote:This is the most incompetent Villa team I've ever seen, good lord.

It's looking pretty bleak for Villa unfortunately.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby PorkChop » Jan 02, '16, 1:58 pm

Daz wrote:
PorkChop wrote:This is the most incompetent Villa team I've ever seen, good lord.

It's looking pretty bleak for Villa unfortunately.

I never thought I'd say it but I'm actually looking forward to the Championship, we might actually win a game.

I just want my club back. The chairman doesn't care and neither do the players. I want to see the back of 90% of this squad, as there's no fight in them at all. The club is filled with charlatans, top to bottom, and it needs to be sorted. The Championship is the place to do that.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Viazon » Jan 02, '16, 3:06 pm

Leicester starting to drop points now. That's what I like to see. Still need to watch out for City though. I didn't see the game but I heard we were poor today, despite the win.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Enygma » Apr 01, '16, 2:52 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Title set up for Arsenal @Viazon @Enygma

Without Sanchez and other players yet to return and Ozil is showing excellent, consistent form, showing why Arsenal paid £42.5m for him.

Lol

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 01, '16, 3:50 pm

Enygma wrote:

Without Sanchez and other players yet to return and Ozil is showing excellent, consistent form, showing why Arsenal paid £42.5m for him.

Lol

There was me trying to be positive for Arsenal....

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Apr 01, '16, 4:06 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Enygma wrote:

Lol

There was me trying to be positive for Arsenal....

Hopefully you'll take this, evaluate it, and learn from your mistakes ... unlike Arsenal.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Previous

Return to Soccer/Football