It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:48 am

Tim Sherwood leaves Aston Villa

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Tim Sherwood leaves Aston Villa

Postby prophet » Oct 25, '15, 7:01 am

He's a good coach with a lot of passion for the game but he's never proven himself as a manager and shouldn't be anywhere near the Premier League until he has. I'll tell you what though the Aston Villa job is tough right now, who's going to want to go there? Moyes is currently the favourite with the bookies, who do you want @PorkChop?

Thought that tweet had some poignancy. Players seem to like him and again as a coach/assistant manager he'd probably be superb but he's always seemed out of his depth to me.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Tim Sherwood leaves Aston Villa

Postby PorkChop » Oct 25, '15, 7:35 am

If it wasn't for Sherwood, Grealish would be on loan somewhere in the Championship. Lambert wanted to loan him to Nottingham Forest just before he was sacked, it was Sherwood who gave him his chance and he turned out to be one of our best players. Grealish owes Sherwood a lot.

I feel a bit sad as Sherwood seems a decent guy and I felt that his heart was in the club, but he never seemed to know what he was doing. His tactics have been awful, his squad selection constantly changes and he drops good players for no reason, and his substitutions have been very questionable. He's just out of his depth and deep down, he knew it.

I'm praying for Laudrup but we won't get him. Moyes or Rodgers are optimistic as well. I reckon we'll get Nigel Pearson, unfortunately.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby PorkChop » Oct 25, '15, 12:11 pm

Rumours have it that Remi Garde has been offered the job. I can't say I'm too familiar with him.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 25, '15, 12:57 pm

He turned down the Newcastle job but an unknown. Dwight Yorke wants the job - give it him! He'll be rolling in three piece suits every weekend!

The structure at Villa is awful from a management point of view but as noted on Sunday Supplement today, sure there were players who might not have been bought by Sherwood but Lescott, Richards and Gestede plus he doesn't seem to have imposed his own tactical workings on the team resulting in the league position they're in. Has to be responsiblity for that.

He's got some aspects that are to be liked but he'd be better off working in the Championship and working his way up to the PL again. Think he's limited as a manager and just needs a humble pill before talking too confidently.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to Soccer/Football