It is currently: May 06, '24, 11:59 pm

Euro 2016 get hype!

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Euro 2016 get hype!

Postby prophet » Oct 08, '15, 2:31 pm

England sailed through qualification... @PorkChop @Viazon @AkyDefGoldberg @Daz

Wales have pretty much qualified... @Romo

Northern Ireland have qualified...

Republic of Ireland are currently leading the World Champions and have a very strong chance of qualifying... @Hanley!

Cruel end to the game for the Scots, sorry @SlightlyJames

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE FOR THE HOME NATIONS!

:tim :tim :tim

I'm so delighted for Wales and the Irish. Euro 2016 is going to be so fun from start to finish and I'm buzzing for all the home nation sides involved. Can't stand the cynicism we neighboring countries have towards each other when it comes to Sport (though admittedly that seems to be more from everyone else towards England). GET HYPE FOLKS

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Euro 2016 get hype!

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 08, '15, 2:44 pm

prophet wrote:Can't stand the cynicism we neighboring countries have towards each other when it comes to Sport

From this end, hard not to feel a touch of resentment when 70% of this board says that Scottish football doesn't matter whenever I bring it up (or just ignore it when they're in a good mood :lol )

Either way, Scotland are out. Wasn't the end of the game that was cruel, it was 2 minutes in when Lewa got a goal that should have been offside, cheers linesman. It was going to be a struggle with Ireland upsetting Germany anyway but that's a crushing way to go out.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby prophet » Oct 08, '15, 2:49 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
prophet wrote:Can't stand the cynicism we neighboring countries have towards each other when it comes to Sport

From this end, hard not to feel a touch of resentment when 70% of this board says that Scottish football doesn't matter whenever I bring it up (or just ignore it when they're in a good mood :lol )

In fairness the SPL (largely due to Celtic) is fucking shit :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 08, '15, 2:57 pm

TBH, I'm more likely to get behind Wales/Northern Ireland/ROI at the Euros - worked damn hard to get there and it's going to be, hopefully, an excellent Euros with representation from our shores.

Scotland - Strachan has done well but quality, the lack of it, tells.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Daz » Oct 10, '15, 11:44 am

I'm not surprised about the Scotland result at all, considering they're playing half of Norwich's back four.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 10, '15, 12:29 pm

Daz wrote:I'm not surprised about the Scotland result at all, considering they're playing half of Norwich's back four.

Not to mention Grant Hanley. I can't help but think he won a charity competition in the back of a magazine or something because he has no business wearing a Scotland kit.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 10, '15, 3:01 pm

Wales lose but are through! Involvement of the home nations is going to make Euro 2016 an excellent watch.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Oct 12, '15, 3:54 pm

Hart
Clyne Smalling Jagielka Shaw
Henderson Wilshere
Oxlade-Chamberlain Barkley Sterling
Sturridge

That'd probably be my first choice 11 right now were the tournament starting tomorrow and everyone was fully fit. I actually think Rooney is a detriment to the squad in the same way he's a hindrance to Man United, for some reason he's the first name on the team sheet and is seemingly undroppable therefore his inclusion will mean someone young and positive (probably Barkley) will miss out.

Buzzing for the Euro's though, I'm off to France next year to support the boys. Went to Wembley last Friday but left at half time to stay on the piss :lol

Fingers crossed the ROI get a kind play-off draw.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 13, '15, 2:11 pm

prophet wrote:
Hart
Clyne Smalling Jagielka Stones Shaw Baines
Henderson Wilshere
Walcott Barkley Sterling
Kane

That'd probably be my first choice 11 right now were the tournament starting tomorrow and everyone was fully fit. I actually think Rooney is a detriment to the squad in the same way he's a hindrance to Man United, for some reason he's the first name on the team sheet and is seemingly undroppable therefore his inclusion will mean someone young and positive (probably Barkley) will miss out.

Buzzing for the Euro's though, I'm off to France next year to support the boys. Went to Wembley last Friday but left at half time to stay on the piss :lol

Fingers crossed the ROI get a kind play-off draw.

Stones has to partner Smalling, that'd be a really exciting proposition IMO. Build for the WC in 2018 as well but sadly, don't see Shaw being fit in time for the Euros. If Walcott continues his form as a striker, be slightly tempted to play him up top but think Kane will discover his form in time for summer.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Oct 13, '15, 2:20 pm

Oh yeah shit I forgot about Stones, I'd absolutely play him with Smalling. Sturridge is far superior to Kane in every way though.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 14, '15, 9:39 am

prophet wrote:Oh yeah shit I forgot about Stones, I'd absolutely play him with Smalling. Sturridge is far superior to Kane in every way though.

If he's fully fit then possibly but just think Kane offers more if England need to hold up the ball and get others involved. Just needs to get his goals.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Oct 14, '15, 11:27 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
prophet wrote:Oh yeah shit I forgot about Stones, I'd absolutely play him with Smalling. Sturridge is far superior to Kane in every way though.

If he's fully fit then possibly but just think Kane offers more if England need to hold up the ball and get others involved. Just needs to get his goals.

I'd have a fit Sturridge over a fit Kane. Sturridge is a proven goal scorer, but so far Kane has only had one good season (which he massively tailed off from during the end).

Barkley is the first name on the team sheet for me.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » Oct 14, '15, 3:36 pm

PorkChop wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:

I'd have a fit Sturridge over a fit Kane. Sturridge is a proven goal scorer, but so far Kane has only had one good season (which he massively tailed off from during the end).

Barkley is the first name on the team sheet for me.

Yeah, mine too. He's maturing as a footballer but still has that youthful fearlessness to run at people and is a bigger attacking threat than he's given credit for, playing Barkley number 10 with the sheer pace of Sterling/Theo/Ox would be such a positive way to go. Sturridge would be my preferred lone-striker because as you said he's a proven goalscorer and has brilliant movement along with that selfishness all top strikers have. Henderson and Wilshere would be my holders breaking up play and spreading the ball forward, energy and creativity is what we need to compete. (Shelvey would be my third option atm, I've no interest in players like Milner/Carrick/Delph for England, good at what they do but insanely boring to watch).

This is Roy Hodgson though. Rooney will be the first name on the sheet and he likes to start his trusted defensive soldiers like Milner above exciting players like Barkley. Can we all take a moment to further think about what a fucking awful decision it was for Delph moving to Man City? How on earth does he expect to get into the squad?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Nov 17, '15, 4:05 pm

That's it. Line up for next Summer is completed.

Pot One
France
Germany
Spain
Belgium
England
Portugal

Pot Two
Italy
Ukraine
Switzerland
Russia
Austria
Croatia

Pot Three
Poland
Czech Republic
Sweden
Romania
Slovakia
Hungary

Pot Four
Republic of Ireland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Turkey
Albania

:tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 18, '15, 2:42 pm

Let's hope there are no safety issues at the tournament because it should be a good one - great to see the home nations representing. Will be cheering on the others than England tbh.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Nov 18, '15, 3:46 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Let's hope there are no safety issues at the tournament because it should be a good one - great to see the home nations representing. Will be cheering on the others than England tbh.

I just do not understand this and likely never will.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to Soccer/Football