It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:57 am

Predict the League Table!

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Predict the League Table!

Postby prophet » Aug 03, '15, 1:57 pm

Simple enough, right?

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man United
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Stoke
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. Crystal Palace
11. Swansea
12. Newcastle
13. West Brom
14. West Ham
15. Bournemouth
16. Norwich
17. Sunderland
18. Aston Villa
19. Leicester
20. Watford

I guess I have Villa going down, sorry Porky! Right now I think they've lost the one real goalscorer they have and don't think Gestede, Adebayor and/or Berbatov are good enough replacements. Norwich have enough experience in the team to survive I think and I have Bournemouth being the surprise package of the season - Ritchie, Atsu and Gradel are good wingers and Calum Wilson will score given the chance I'm sure.

Top 4 pretty self explanatory.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Predict the League Table!

Postby Daz » Aug 03, '15, 2:40 pm

I'm pretty much thinking along the same lines as you. Although I might just switch out Villa in the Relegation Zone with Sunderland. Sunderland have survived one too many times, a lot like Wigan, and there luck has to run out at some point.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 03, '15, 2:47 pm

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man United
4. Man City
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Stoke
8. Crystal Palace
9. Swansea
10. Southampton
11. Everton
12. Newcastle
13. West Brom
14. West Ham
15. Aston Villa
16. Norwich
17. Sunderland
18. Bournemouth
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Pellegrini is already undermined for the season by the fact he has a year left and the club badly want Pep for next season and naturally that indecision causes complacency with the players.

Not placing my Liverpool-Spurs places with any real confidence as the former have done better business this summer but will take time to gel. Spurs, haven't really done anything of note so you wonder that's what Pochettino wants - work with a younger group who will be more amenable to listen to his methods.

Stoke's work under Hughes wasn't noted as well as it should have been, think they will continue their form from last season.

Bournemouth have got a buzz about them but think pragmatically, they'll fall owing to the lessons other promoted clubs have to learn, i.e. the small margins of success and failure in the PL.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Aug 04, '15, 11:03 am

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man United
Man City
Liverpool
Spurs
Swansea
Stoke
Southampton
Palace
Everton
Newcastle
West Brom
West Ham
Villa
Norwich
Sunderland
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford

From Spurs downward, I really had trouble. There's a lot of variables in play.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to Soccer/Football