It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:20 pm

Sepp Blatter reelected for fifth term as FIFA president

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Sepp Blatter reelected for fifth term as FIFA president

Postby PorkChop » May 29, '15, 12:38 pm

Prince Ali conceded defeat after the first round of voting. As interesting as it will be to see the fallout, this result is a travesty.

FIFA bribery knows no boundaries.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Sepp Blatter reelected for fifth term as FIFA president

Postby Daz » May 29, '15, 1:05 pm

Prince Ali, mighty is he, Ali Ababwa.

Seriously though, Blatter's had more terms than Putin. It's ridiculous.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 29, '15, 2:11 pm

No surprise. I thought they'd go through the second round of voting but Ali probably didn't fancy losing boxing style, hands down on points.

Only hope is Chuck Blazer/Jack Warner get given some incentive to provide evidence to nail Blatter.

His endless speeches and the shit he he was spewing out of it was laughable.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » May 29, '15, 3:38 pm

I don't care at all about football, but I still can't help but be annoyed by this. It's weird that he's even allowed to be elected for so many consecutive terms, within the framework of the company. Just that much I would find off-putting. But that he keeps getting re-elected despite the embarrassingly obvious corruption in the company is just mind-boggling. Have Fifa never heard of the concept of a fall-guy? And now he gets re-elected again right during the midst of another scandal where people have actually been arrested. How? I don't understand how this is being allowed to happen.

Are there a lot of people out there who really love Blatter or something? I don't get it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » May 29, '15, 4:07 pm

Hanley! wrote:Are there a lot of people out there who really love Blatter or something? I don't get it.

They love the bribes they receive from him.

He'll be found out soon enough, just like the others have been. I still wouldn't be surprised if he's forced to stand down or resign soon, especially if the talk of boycotts actually come into fruition. We can only hope.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » May 29, '15, 4:24 pm

How the FUCK did this even happen?

UEFA needs to threaten to pull out of the world cup. That's the biggest thing that could make a statement at this point.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Romo » May 29, '15, 4:53 pm

Africa (54 votes), Asia (46 votes) were almost locked in as Blatter votes, (best read here for all that) so thats 100 out of the 209 votes going in favor of Blatter as Confederations often vote largely as a unit, you may get the off few who vote away but for the most part they stick together.

The whole process is a joke and needs looking at, Blatter didn't even submit a Manifesto so nobody even knew what they were voting for. UEFA needs to act and act soon, Platini holds the cards here and needs to grow the balls to force "uncle blatter" out by pulling UEFA away from FIFA, the only country who I suspect will refuse to break away would be Russia but fuck them and Spain may be torn about it as they don't vote in a unit like everyone else but without UEFA both do not get champions league football any more which is a big deal for Spain so they'd quickly realize their wrong doing.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby PorkChop » May 30, '15, 2:46 am

Everlong wrote:How the FUCK did this even happen?

UEFA needs to threaten to pull out of the world cup. That's the biggest thing that could make a statement at this point.

There's been talk of Europe pulling out of the World Cup as well, which would be huge. The winners of 4 of the last 5 World Cups were European countries. I'm not sure UEFA would have the balls to follow through on their threats, though.

I hope when Blatter finally fucks off that Luis Figo gets appointed as president. The sport would be in much better hands.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby xgamr » May 30, '15, 6:47 am

A better way to makes it mark is if all the TV stations who show the cup or sponsors threaten to leave. yes they make money from them but it would be a big move.

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 30, '15, 10:47 am

UEFA, as Porky said, could pull out of the WC but doubt they will take that massive step. But it could be something as dramatic as that helps bring about change.

Blatter said he'd go in 2011, yet stayed on again. He said the same shit then as yesterday.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SKS » May 30, '15, 3:30 pm

Blatter is a fucking wank cunt, Platini is a fucking knob, we're all fucked.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Daz » Jun 01, '15, 7:15 am

SKS wrote:Blatter is a fucking wank cunt, Platini is a fucking knob, we're all fucked.

You know, what I've always liked about you is your tact and optimism for the future.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Jun 01, '15, 12:04 pm

SKS wrote:Blatter is a fucking wank cunt, Platini is a fucking knob, we're all fucked.

This is the most British sentence I've ever heard you say.

*wipes tear from eye*

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 01, '15, 12:59 pm

PorkChop wrote:

This is the most British sentence I've ever heard you say.

*wipes tear from eye*

Nice to know hanging out with Delroy Andrews brought something positive..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SKS » Jun 02, '15, 9:13 pm

My British speak must have scared the cunt. :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Return to Soccer/Football