It is currently: May 08, '24, 7:28 am

Mourinho MOTS

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Mourinho MOTS

Postby PorkChop » May 24, '15, 8:03 am

Do you agree with this? He's won the league at the League Cup but I wouldn't have chosen him for manager of the season.

They limped over the finish line this year, and many of their players really tailed off during the second half of the season. Ivanovic, Fabregas, Matic and Costa should've given more over the last few months. The only player of theirs I was truly impressed by was John Terry - although he's a twat, he's had an incredible season. Hazard deserves a mention but I still find myself expecting more from him.

Mourinho also wasted a ton of money on Cuadrado, and generally behaved like a twat in the media (moreso than usual) by claiming there's a referee conspiracy against the club and getting into arguments on the touchline. I'd have picked Pardew, Monk and Koeman ahead of him easily. Call me crazy, but I'd even think about choosing Van Gaal over him, all things considered.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Mourinho MOTS

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 24, '15, 12:14 pm

I'd say he JUST about got the award for me.

Up until December, his team were champions already - not confirmed but just in the way they won games and controlled them. Had such an assurance about them.

He fucked up in the CL when they should have beaten PSG especially latter being down to ten men. But unlike City last year, they didn't bottle it when City clawed them back and they were level on points on New Year's Day.

I think Mark Hughes deserves the MOTS for me. Top ten finish with a few additions and got them playing more decent football.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Return to Soccer/Football