It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:48 am

The 15/16 PL Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: The 15/16 PL Summer Transfer Thread

Postby SKS » Jun 29, '15, 9:22 am

Hope this means Ospina goes somewhere he can start. Good to see Cech getting a starting role regardless if it's for fucking arsenal.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby PorkChop » Jun 29, '15, 10:08 am

Barclay's Premier League Legends is on again. This time... Sol Campbell.

This show has a poor definition of the word "legend".

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Enygma » Jun 29, '15, 12:36 pm

Fucking get in. Glad it's finally been announced. Think now all we need is a world class striker and a world class defensive midfielder and we can actually win the league.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 29, '15, 12:48 pm

I'd make Cech captain without a doubt. Guy walks into a dressing room instantly commanding respect having won more than the whole squad put together so makes sense. A leader, most importantly, is what they've been lacking.

They're not after Vidal but Schneiderlin is heading to Manchester United it seems so unsure which targets they will go for the striker position as it seems Coquelin's performances may mean a re-think for the DM transfer.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Postby Enygma » Jun 29, '15, 1:32 pm

Shiiiit. Think £28m is a laughable offer. The guys easily one of Madrid's best players and he gets first team football week in week out. They'll need to offer at lest £40m-£50m. And then theres the players wages.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby prophet » Jun 29, '15, 1:42 pm

Arsenal are rumored to be looking at both Vidal and Lacazette, sign those two and they're easily competing for the league.

United signing Ramos would be a massive signing considering how shit their defense is. At least Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho (whilst all idiots) are intimidating to look at, nobody is afraid of Smalling and Jones lets be honest. Still, if they could pull off the signing that cheap I'd be amazed - Rodgers would offer 28.6 mill for Ashley Williams. :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 29, '15, 3:34 pm

Hard to believe it until it happens but Ramos', potential, signing would be massive. He's 29 but wealth of experience that our defence needs.

"Sky sources" (when Graham Hunter told them) on Ramos - more inclined to believe Hunter, doesn't tend to discuss transfer matters too easily so depends on whether Real demand the 65m euros they want or realise with De Gea in the equation, it's better to do a deal because if they prove stubborn then United seem to be saying they won't let DDG go without a fight which is excellent to see.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 04, '15, 11:08 am

Looks like Van Persie is close to a move to Fenerbahce once clubs agree a fee (which knowing how poorly United sell will be a £5m)

United's transfer list which already has on it: a new GK (potentially if DDG leaves), CB, CM, ST.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Jul 04, '15, 3:05 pm

I'm getting a little bit concerned that Norwich have been linked with pretty much everyone under the sunexcept it seems, any sort of defender. Which is the position we desperately need to invest in. As well as Steven Whittaker played this past season, he's not gonna cut it in the Premier League. And we only have one left back in the entire squad.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby prophet » Jul 07, '15, 3:05 pm

Cabaye has agreed personal terms with Crystal Palace apparently. Signing of the Summer so far if it happens, world class passer of the ball - imagine him threading through balls out wide for Zaha and Bolasie?

I love how Pardew is continuing to mug off the Geordies :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 07, '15, 3:34 pm

prophet wrote:Cabaye has agreed personal terms with Crystal Palace apparently. Signing of the Summer so far if it happens, world class passer of the ball - imagine him threading through balls out wide for Zaha and Bolasie?

I love how Pardew is continuing to mug off the Geordies :lol

They don't call him Pardiola for no reason..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Jul 07, '15, 3:59 pm

Alan Pardew will be this year's Manager of the Year. Watch it happen.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 08, '15, 1:20 pm

Van Persie edging closer to a move to Fenerbahce.

That leaves Rooney, Wilson as United's strikers. Hernandez will be sold once he recovers from a collarbone injury.

So, after that, intrigued by which striker is brought in. Lots of wild speculation but think it might be an unknown/second tier striker than a Cavani etc.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Romo » Jul 08, '15, 5:54 pm

not PL but, Bolton signed some lad called Derik from Castilla (Real Madrid's reserves), only 22 seems a decent talent, cracking set of hair on him.

also signed Ben Amos from United after having him on loan last season, Gary Madine from Wednesday.... Guðjohnsen fucked off to China after being offered silly money, Adam Le Fondre still wants to return to the team but we don't have the money yet and apparently theirs rumors that our owner wants to sell out and not to long ago we have strong rumors of someone interested in buying, should be in for some very confusing/interesting weeks.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby prophet » Jul 09, '15, 1:42 pm

Odds are shortening on Charlie Austin signing for Palace.

So you've got Jedinak winning the ball in midfield, giving it to Cabaye who'll thread it out wide to Bolasie or Zaha who'll square it for Austin?

Pardew is building an absolute monster of a team.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Jul 09, '15, 2:20 pm

prophet wrote:Odds are shortening on Charlie Austin signing for Palace.

So you've got Jedinak winning the ball in midfield, giving it to Cabaye who'll thread it out wide to Bolasie or Zaha who'll square it for Austin?

Pardew is building an absolute monster of a team.

I love how Pardew is still shitting on Newcastle. Alan Pardiola MOTS, watch it happen.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby PorkChop » Jul 10, '15, 2:08 pm

Delph off to Man City.

I'm honestly very surprised. Surely he could look at how City treated Sinclair and Richards? Also, the things he said when he signed his contract in January are now quite disappointing to revisit. Here are some quotes:

"The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here."

"I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100% into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

"There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run."

It turns out that he only signed a new deal because of that cheap release clause. If that clause wasn't there, he'd have probably walked out on a free.

On one hand I accept that he deserves a better team than Villa, but leaving under these circumstances after what he said in January does hurt. I do feel like he led the fans up the garden path a bit by preaching about loyalty, brotherhood and pledging his long-term future to the club and fans, when behind the scenes he'd already negotiated a cheap way out. He's been great for Villa but it's disappointing to hear him say one thing, then see him doing another. Why have you done this to us Fabian :(

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Romo » Jul 10, '15, 3:21 pm

PorkChop wrote:Delph off to Man City.

I'm honestly very surprised. Surely he could look at how City treated Sinclair and Richards? Also, the things he said when he signed his contract in January are now quite disappointing to revisit. Here are some quotes:

"The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here."

"I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100% into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

"There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run."

It turns out that he only signed a new deal because of that cheap release clause. If that clause wasn't there, he'd have probably walked out on a free.

On one hand I accept that he deserves a better team than Villa, but leaving under these circumstances after what he said in January does hurt. I do feel like he led the fans up the garden path a bit by preaching about loyalty, brotherhood and pledging his long-term future to the club and fans, when behind the scenes he'd already negotiated a cheap way out. He's been great for Villa but it's disappointing to hear him say one thing, then see him doing another. Why have you done this to us Fabian :(

I wonder if he realizes that the only reason they are signing him is because both Milner, Sinclair & Richards all left and now they're running low on English players because as of right now they only have two (Joe Hart and Richard Wright).

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 10, '15, 3:28 pm

Those quotes will bite him in the arse but besides the quota boost, think as a PL proven player, he'll settle in nicely at City and complement Fernandinho welll.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 10, '15, 4:44 pm

Hearing Schweinsteiger to Man United is a done deal. Folk are saying bild, the site that reported it, are usually bang on and they've got this on their front page. Short term fix considering his age but holy shit if this is real.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

PreviousNext

Return to Soccer/Football