It is currently: May 11, '24, 2:26 am

Song sheet given out at NYCFC game

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Song sheet given out at NYCFC game

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '15, 9:39 am

"We don't give a crud"

"We'll go really mental"

"Shout the opposing team's name!!!"

:lol :facepalm

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Song sheet given out at NYCFC game

Postby prophet » May 04, '15, 9:44 am

***Songs not included on this list may still be sung during the game***

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Daz » May 04, '15, 10:07 am

God bless America.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '15, 4:09 pm

A bunch of Toronto fans singing "The Referee's a Wanker" outside of a stadium, before a game, without a referee in sight...

The MLS needs to create its own football culture, rather than borrowing from the Premier League. It's kind of painful to watch. I really want the MLS to succeed, but at the moment they're European football's annoying little brother who tries too hard to act cool and impress you.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby SKS » May 04, '15, 4:46 pm

We should just sing it at our own squad, as they are complete shit right now.

PorkChop wrote:

A bunch of Toronto fans singing "The Referee's a Wanker" outside of a stadium, before a game, without a referee in sight...

The MLS needs to create its own football culture, rather than borrowing from the Premier League. It's kind of painful to watch. I really want the MLS to succeed, but at the moment they're European football's annoying little brother who tries too hard to act cool and impress you.

But I recall you saying the MLS should adopt the league table style instead of their own playoffs, why is that? I'm not exactly sure they're borrowing from the Premier League at all, aside from the chants. Although, football chants are just football chants, aren't they? They aren't owned by the Premier League. :lol That just sounds like an elitist thing to say. Let's face it, the quality of the league isn't great skill wise. It's good that they're trying to be cool and impress fans of Europe, would you want them not to and just act boring and not try to get fans into it?

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '15, 4:54 pm

SKS wrote:But I recall you saying the MLS should adopt the league table style instead of their own playoffs, why is that? I'm not exactly sure they're borrowing from the Premier League at all, aside from the chants. Although, football chants are just football chants, aren't they? They aren't owned by the Premier League. That just sounds like an elitist thing to say. Let's face it, the quality of the league isn't great skill wise. It's good that they're trying to be cool and impress fans of Europe, would you want them not to and just act boring and not try to get fans into it?

They should adopt a proper league table, and also ditch drafts. It's a silly system and probably one of the bigger reasons as to why the sport struggles in America. I think European fans would give it more of a chance if the MLS actually followed traditional and sensible rules.

Some of those chants are taken from the Premier League, some are not. It's a bit cringe worthy seeing people borrow someone else's culture like that, though. Especially with the Toronto fans. MLS teams should try to grow their own culture organically, not just copy someone else.

Like I said though, I do want the MLS to succeed. Hopefully with a better system, but I wouldn't lose any sleep of the MLS in its current form took off.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » May 04, '15, 5:34 pm

I don't know about borrowing culture or whatever but Americans just shouldn't say wanker :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Daz » May 04, '15, 8:08 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:I don't know about borrowing culture or whatever but Americans just shouldn't say wanker :lol

Well they're Toronto fans, so Canadian.

I look forward to the day a stadium full of Americans are chanting "Lino, you're a cunt."

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » May 05, '15, 12:51 am

SlightlyJames wrote:Americans just shouldn't say wanker :lol

They don't give a crud what you think.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to Soccer/Football