It is currently: May 03, '24, 3:08 am

Manager of the year?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Manager of the year?

Postby PorkChop » Apr 19, '15, 3:54 pm

I'm assuming @Romo is going for Martinez, after leading Everton into a relegation battle and then bravely escaping. Excellent work.

I'd go with Pardew. Koeman is the favourite but I don't feel as if he's improved Southampton that much and his signings are overpraised. Pelle has been shit bar like 6 games at the start of the season, Djuricic is shit, Elia is shit, Mane is horribly inconsistent, Shane Long isn't worth £12 million, and Tadic has really lost his form. Saints are only in a slightly better position than they were last year and have lost some pretty easy games over the course of the season.

Pardew has been picking up wins for fun at Palace. He's quietly come in and done his job. They were in huge trouble under Warnock, were probably going to go down, and Pardew has shown what he's capable of by completely turning them around. It'll be a shame if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Manager of the year?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 19, '15, 4:06 pm

I'd go for Koeman.

Yes they've tailed off horribly as of late but considering they were relegation candidates start of the season they had an impressive start to the season. They struggled in December but still didn't fall badly down the table and recovered including a win over United at Old Trafford.

Monk would be in with a shout as well.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby prophet » Apr 21, '15, 12:38 pm

I'd go Pardew as well. Did a grand job at Newcastle and was treated by dirt by Mike Ashley & co, not to mention the 'supporters'. Geordie's are without doubt the most arrogant fans in England, they believe they're this sleeping giant of a club and demand to be competing for Europe when actually they're an average club with average players, Pardew at least had them getting results and they ran him out of time. He's done another wonderful job at Palace (who looked terrible under Warnock, obviously) and has them looking like a good team.

Mourinho would be a good shout for obvious reasons. I'd also include Pearson/Dyche if either of Leicester or Burnley manage to survive the drop.

And Martinez because lol Romo.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Apr 21, '15, 1:08 pm

prophet wrote:I'd go Pardew as well. Did a grand job at Newcastle and was treated by dirt by Mike Ashley & co, not to mention the 'supporters'. Geordie's are without doubt the most arrogant fans in England, they believe they're this sleeping giant of a club and demand to be competing for Europe when actually they're an average club with average players, Pardew at least had them getting results and they ran him out of time. He's done another wonderful job at Palace (who looked terrible under Warnock, obviously) and has them looking like a good team.

Mourinho would be a good shout for obvious reasons. I'd also include Pearson/Dyche if either of Leicester or Burnley manage to survive the drop.

And Martinez because lol Romo.

Another thing about Pardew... when he was hounded out by Newcastle earlier this year, they were 9th in the table. 9th! and look where they are now.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Return to Soccer/Football