It is currently: May 14, '24, 9:16 am

Your team of the year?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Your team of the year?

Postby PorkChop » Apr 19, '15, 3:43 pm

Here's mine:

GK: Courtois

LB: Azpilicueta
CB: Terry
CB: Alderweireld
RB: Ivanovic

LM: Hazard
CM: Matic
CM: Fabregas
RM: Sanchez

CF: Kane
CF: Aguero

A few months ago Diego Costa would've been one of the first names on there but he's really tailed off. Honourable shouts go to Bertrand, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Fellaini (even though he's a cunt), Cresswell, De Gea, and a few others I can't remember.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Your team of the year?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 19, '15, 4:09 pm

PorkChop wrote:Here's mine:

GK: Courtois

LB: Azpilicueta
CB: Terry
CB: Alderweireld
RB: Ivanovic

LM: Hazard
CM: Matic
CM: Fabregas
RM: Sanchez

CF: Kane
CF: Aguero

A few months ago Diego Costa would've been one of the first names on there but he's really tailed off. Honourable shouts go to Bertrand, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Fellaini (even though he's a cunt), Cresswell, De Gea, and a few others I can't remember.

Only changes I'd make is, you might have guessed, De Gea in goal; Schneiderlin ahead of Fabregas; Costa for Aguero.

Costa was on fire start of the season and it was baffling reading people saying he might even flop?! If Aguero hadn't got injured, think he'd be slightly more comfortable in the goal scoring charts. Even still, would have him over Costa in a team, incredibly clinical.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Re: Your team of the year?

Postby prophet » Apr 21, '15, 12:32 pm

Alrighty let me take a look.

De Gea

Clyne - Terry - Fonte - Azpilicueta

Sanchez - Matic - Hazard

Costa - Kane - Austin

I wanted to include Coutinho in a four-man midfield but leaving out Charlie Austin would be criminal, one of the league's top scorers despite playing in arguably the league's worst team. I'd include Courtois, Koscielny, Bertrand, the aforementioned Coutinho, Eriksen, Aguero and Sterling among the subs. I think the team of the year is pretty straight forward bar one or two exceptions.

POTS: Hazard
YPOTS: Kane

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Soccer/Football