It is currently: May 23, '24, 12:39 am

April 2015 Fútbol/Football Discussion: Spurs have won a trophy!!...lol April Fool's

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

April 2015 Fútbol/Football Discussion: Spurs have won a trophy!!...lol April Fool's

Postby SKS » Apr 01, '15, 8:45 am

Boring international break so far. And FFS the US cannot hold a damn lead.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: April 2015 Fútbol/Football Discussion: Spurs have won a trophy!!...lol April Fool's

Postby PorkChop » Apr 01, '15, 11:02 am

The international break is so shit.

Great finish from Townsend last night, I thought many players had a bad game though. Clyne in particular was shite.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: April 2015 Fútbol/Football Discussion: Spurs have won a trophy!!...lol April Fool's

Postby Viazon » Apr 05, '15, 12:04 pm

So how about them goals this weekend? There have been some stunners. Girouds goal was almost as beautiful as his face.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Daz » Apr 05, '15, 2:41 pm

Viazon wrote:So how about them goals this weekend? There have been some stunners. Girouds goal was almost as beautiful as his face.

Charlie Adams was typical Stoke long ball football.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Apr 06, '15, 2:14 pm

Pellegrini is 100% sacked at the end of the season.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Apr 06, '15, 8:05 pm

PorkChop wrote:Pellegrini is 100% sacked at the end of the season.

Can't see him surviving now. They've lost how many away game in a row now? And to lose to Crystal Palace when you're chasing a title is pretty ridiculous.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SKS » Apr 06, '15, 8:10 pm

Daz wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Pellegrini is 100% sacked at the end of the season.

Can't see him surviving now. They've lost how many away game in a row now? And to lose to Crystal Palace when you're chasing a title is pretty ridiculous.

Not even Liverpool lost to Crystal Palace. They at least got a draw.

Pell's out, I'll be sad because he's a nice guy, but that's just the way it goes with big clubs and dat oil money.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Postby PorkChop » Apr 07, '15, 1:22 am

City need a revamp of their whole team tbh, they're far too old and quite a few of them have bad attitudes. As soon as the team go a goal behind, some players get incredibly petulant (Yaya Toure in particular) and channel their frustrations by attempting 30 yarders which scream over the bar. This frustrates them and their team mates even more, ad infinitum.

They're a talented bunch of individuals, but they're a horrible team. Kompany is probably the most overrated defender in the world also - I've seen him have games where Titus Bramble on a bad day still could've done better.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby PorkChop » Apr 07, '15, 1:48 pm

Suarez, Aguero, Van Persie, Giroud, Rooney, Lukaku.

Benteke has far worse service than any of those players and was injured for 6 months last season. He's not far behind them, either. That's a pretty remarkable stat.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Apr 07, '15, 2:54 pm

What a game, 3-3. That type of football match is what makes this league the best in the world, no other league can boast a competitive relegation fight involving quality players and top class entertainment!

I reckon you're safe though, Porky. Hopefully Sherwood invests wisely in the Summer rather than opt for the Lambert approach of scouting the globe for nobodies. I reckon Leicester will go but then any two from Hull, QPR and Burnley will be fucked.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Apr 07, '15, 3:23 pm

I don't get Sherwood's tactics. I know he had a reputation of being a bad tactician but until tonight it didn't concern me.

Jack Grealish was the best player on the pitch and he takes him off for Joe Cole at 70 minutes. What for? And why Joe Cole? Carles Gil can't even make the bench since Sherwood has joined, and no explanation has been given. We needed Gil tonight and we needed Grealish in that last 20 minutes.

Taking Bacuna off for Lowton - I don't understand what this was intending to accomplish.

Richardson starting - why? Put Clark in left back with Vlaar and Okore in the middle. Richardson is utter shite and was at fault for two goals, and we lost the crucial West Brom game earlier in the season because Richardson got himself sent off after 10 minutes. Sack him.

Carlos Sanchez starting over Ashley Westwood - again, I don't understand. Westwood is criminally underrated and is one of the best English deep-lying playmakers in the league. On the other hand, Carlos Sanchez is only good for losing possession and lunging in with horrific tackles when trying to win it back. Ship him off back to Spain, he's a liability.

Sherwood NEEDS to start playing Carles Gil.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Apr 07, '15, 3:27 pm

^ Also word is Richardson wasn't fully fit, which makes the decision to play him all the more questionable. I don't get the Gil thing, he looked really good after he'd first signed for the club and the only reason (honest) I see for not playing him is the fact he's a 'Spanish flair' player and Tim 'I'm just an everyday bloke' Sherwood would rather try succeed with his 'English grit' type of players.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Apr 08, '15, 11:06 am

prophet wrote:^ Also word is Richardson wasn't fully fit, which makes the decision to play him all the more questionable. I don't get the Gil thing, he looked really good after he'd first signed for the club and the only reason (honest) I see for not playing him is the fact he's a 'Spanish flair' player and Tim 'I'm just an everyday bloke' Sherwood would rather try succeed with his 'English grit' type of players.

Yep. I like Sherwood, but he's the type who would start Scott Parker ahead of a prime Zidane.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 10, '15, 12:40 pm

Big game Sunday @SKS

I'd take a draw as City, as usual, turn up for the derby games but feeling more optimistic that we can get a good result and a performance. Really have to lay it on them the first 20minutes.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Apr 11, '15, 10:00 am

TACTICS TIM :tim

'Ave it, @Camstud. You must wear a gilet for the rest of the week in shame.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Viazon » Apr 11, '15, 2:40 pm

Arsenal won. Spurs lost. Good day.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby PorkChop » Apr 12, '15, 7:04 am

The QPR fans are tearing Chelsea/Chelsea fans apart. Sky haven't said anything but you can clearly hear the language, it's brutal.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 12, '15, 4:42 pm

A wonderful day! A really great team performance. I felt we needed to get off to a good start but City seemed like they were playing last season at Old Trafford!

But it wasn't one individual, it was the team that helped us get back in the game. Dave's clearance gets forgotten for the first goal. Smalling, Valencia were impressive in defence and it showed if we had an experienced defender alongside Chris with a new right back, and Blind at LB them if Dave stays then there is a strong defensive platform.

Rooney's general performance isn't as sharp; he looks bit jaded for me.

Can guess what Van Persie was thinking seeing that performance!

Chelsea will still be a tough test and I would take a draw but with their missing players, another chance to get another big win

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '15, 2:17 pm

Sterling with one of the misses of the season just now, his composure is abysmal. He was about four yards out, had time, and calmly slotted it wide.

I could've scored that and I'm shit.

Found the gfy: http://gfycat.com/BouncyMildCaimanlizard

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 13, '15, 3:49 pm

Sterling, with his goal adds some money to his wage demands then decreases it with the nitrus oxide video and the shisha pipe smoke. Someone needs to grip him quickly.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to Soccer/Football