It is currently: May 10, '24, 4:12 am

January transfer window thread

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: January transfer window thread

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 15, '15, 2:21 pm

Great striker available!

Lad called Torres has bagged two in the Madrid derby tonight, looks a prospect...

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 02, '15, 4:28 pm

Best thing I've heard in this transfer window is a mess up by QPR and 'Arry.

They tried to offload Zarate - who they signed on loan from West Ham - back to West Ham and get Jarvis (on WHU's books) on loan in return before being told they couldn't do that.

Sure Harry will blame Fernandes for it.

I'm off to bed. Stayed up till 1am waiting for the Falcao confirmation. Biggest confirmation in this window seems to be if Carlton Cole gets a new club.

United linked with Bolton's Andy Kellet? Any info on this lad @Romo?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby Romo » Feb 02, '15, 4:40 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Best thing I've heard in this transfer window is a mess up by QPR and 'Arry.

They tried to offload Zarate - who they signed on loan from West Ham - back to West Ham and get Jarvis (on WHU's books) on loan in return before being told they couldn't do that.

I'm off to bed. Stayed up till 1am waiting for the Falcao confirmation. Biggest confirmation in this window seems to be if Carlton Cole gets a new club.

Andy Kellett is a brilliant player but I can't see him taking a step back and signing for United

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Daz » Feb 02, '15, 5:16 pm

Norwich loaned out Lafferty today, so I guess he's done at the club. I have no idea what the new manager is doing really, and we've looked atrocious since Phelan left. We're now 10 plus points of top, six points outside of the playoffs ... we have easily one of the best squads on paper in the division and have looked absolutely unplayable at times this season. How we've managed to fuck it up this badly week to week is beyond me.

Sigh, at least we're not as bad as Fulham I guess.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Feb 02, '15, 5:25 pm

Daz wrote:Norwich loaned out Lafferty today, so I guess he's done at the club. I have no idea what the new manager is doing really, and we've looked atrocious since Phelan left. We're now 10 plus points of top, six points outside of the playoffs ... we have easily one of the best squads on paper in the division and have looked absolutely unplayable at times this season. How we've managed to fuck it up this badly week to week is beyond me.

Sigh, at least we're not as bad as Fulham I guess.

I know of an upcoming, exciting Italian manager named Paulo Lambertini who sounds like he could definitely reinvigorate your side. I'll send him your way.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Romo » Feb 02, '15, 5:32 pm

Bolton end the day making four signings, 3 on loan (Bazza B, Simeon Slavchev & Saidy Janko from United (@AkydefGoldberg)) and 1 signing(Filip Twardzik) to add to Le Fondre coming in the other day, squad is looking thicker which is good because we've been on bare bones for a months now, expecting maybe one or two others to come in next week on loans but squad is looking good enough to push forward, shame we had to lose Chungy Yong Lee along the way but he was never going to sign a new deal and would of left for free in the summer.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Feb 02, '15, 5:54 pm

Norwich desperately needed a right back, a left winger and possibly a central midfielder given the wealth of injuries we've had there this year.

We lost a striker (and the player who's been filling in on the left wing) on loan to some Turkish club. We might still lose OIsson at left back (apparently his deal with West Brom has apparently fallen through, but who really knows), meaning we'd only have Garrido and Whitaker for cover ... and Whitaker's been shit even in his actual position, so that wouldn't work. We failed to pick up another midfielder and we've still got problems at centre back, even with Bassong coming back in.

So all in all, we failed to strengthen and we've somehow managed to weaken ourselves in certain areas. Typical transfer window for Norwich really.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Romo » Feb 02, '15, 5:58 pm

ANDY KELLETT HAS SIGNED FOR MANCHESTER UNITED ON LOAN.... WHAT THE FUCK... I mean he's got bags of promise for a club like Bolton but for United.... Neil Lennon is a god!

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 03, '15, 12:54 pm

Romo wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Best thing I've heard in this transfer window is a mess up by QPR and 'Arry.

Andy Kellett is a brilliant player but I can't see him taking a step back and signing for United

:nash

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Previous

Return to Soccer/Football