It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:23 am

English Football Supporters - Who do you think/want your team to buy in the summer?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

English Football Supporters - Who do you think/want your team to buy in the summer?

Postby Enygma » Mar 30, '14, 9:57 am

Arsenal really need a striker, Giroud just don't cut it, scoring 1 goal in something 6 games isn't acceptable. I feel Arsenal need to buy a DM, to put some pace in the midfield. They will also need a new RB, and GK due to Sagna more than likely leaving and Fabianski leaving.

I think Arsenal will buy a striker, there are already rumours that Arsenal have signed a 21 year old striker called Josip Drmic, he has a pretty good goalscoring record this season, (15 in 26). I would also like to see a world class striker here too, preferably Costa or someone similar, maybe even Balotelli seeing as he wants to leave AC Milan and he's sponsored by Puma, the same company Arsenal will be sponsored by next season.

I think Arsenal will sign a DM, who yet I don't know, Lars Bender would be a good signing and he could slot in alongside Flamini, maybe we could even sign Kallstrom and keep him there, I like what I saw of him against Swansea (despite it only being 10 minutes :lol) Also, slightly off topic, I can Arsenal being linked with Draxler again this summer, who would be a great signing.

As for RB, I think this might be of them positions that Wenger will not strengthen but will only weaken in the summer, he'll probably sell Sagna and not sign a replacement, Wenger has a knack for doing that. As for Goalkeepers, I would probably take Viviano for another season, so this way Viv could at least get games in the cup competitions.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Re: English Football Supporters - Who do you think/want your team to buy in the summer?

Postby PorkChop » Mar 30, '14, 10:02 am

I want to see Villa rob some of the relegated teams - I wouldn't mind Heitinga from Fulham or Mutch from Cardiff. I'd love to have Bertrand on a permanent basis too.

Villa need to sell some players too - Bent, Delfouneso, Hutton, Given... we need those guys off the wage bill asap.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: English Football Supporters - Who do you think/want your team to buy in the summer?

Postby SKS » Mar 30, '14, 10:05 am

Mats Hummels. :moocow :moocow :moocow

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Daz » Mar 30, '14, 10:12 am

I don't have any particular players in mind, but if Norwich stay up, we need to sort out our defence. Bassong, turner and Bennett are all fair players, but we really need someone just a step above quality wise. Also Martin and Whittaker have both been poor this season at RB, and we need an upgrade to match Olsson on the left.

We need another Central Midfielder. Leroy Fer and Jonny Howson are the best we have and Tettey can make a difference when he plays well. We were left short most of this season because of injuries and having to rely on the likes of Bradley Johnson has cost us more points than I can count quite frankly. Wes Hoolahan needs to be sent on his way and a replacement AM needs to be brought I.

Another Striker wouldn't hurt. I'd gladly get rid of Pilkington if it meant bringing in another, more capable wide player, who knows how to cross the ball. That's been out biggest problem this year. Poor finally delivery into the box. It's why RVW has barely had a sniff at goal all year. Redmond likes to come inside and shoot, often poorly. Snodgrass doesn't have the pace, or a right foot, to get around the outside and get a decent cross it. Martin on the overlap has been godawful, trying to drill it on the ground to no avail every sodding time. RVW puts himself in great positions, same with Hooper, and we just fail to not only pick him out but beat the first man with the cross.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby prophet » Mar 30, '14, 11:13 am

I'd love Liverpool to try for Shaw and Lallana, both good English players but I'm pretty sure Southampton will ask for a bomb before selling. Attacking wise we're pretty solid, I'd love Suso to come back into the fold as he's a player who'd fit in well to the style of play and in La Liga he's been one of the most impressive players not in a big club. Who knows? A team in the Champions League has the ability to attract the types of players we couldn't have even thought about in recent years, Gundogan maybe? Definitely think we should try for someone like Vertonghen if Spurs slip further down the table.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Soccer/Football