It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 3:58 am

Who will win the Premier League?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Winner:

Man City
33%
Spurs
No votes
Arsenal
67%
Liverpool
No votes
Man United
No votes
Chelsea
No votes

Total votes : 3

Who will win the Premier League?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 04, '16, 4:08 pm

It seems like it could be Man City's year, but that defeat to Spurs was hugely significant. Spurs outclassed them in almost every facet of the game, despite being without one of their most important players in Harry Kane.

Some people don't believe it, but Pochettino has turned Spurs into legitimate title contenders. They missed out narrowly last season after a slump in the final few games, but they look even better this time around. It's hard to envision Spurs actually winning the title, but it actually looks like a real possibility.

Despite this, it's still hard to look past a Man City title win, but I expect it to go to the wire. I fancy Spurs to finish above Arsenal this season though, and Liverpool to finish above Man United too.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Who will win the Premier League?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 06, '16, 6:37 am

At the start of the season I let my heart rule my head and went for United so I will stick to that prediction but City and Spurs could be the two teams who are locked in a close battle. It's a shame Chelsea's ageing squad can't provide Conte the ingriedients he needs otherwise without CL football, they would be up there.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 16, '17, 5:53 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote: It's a shame Chelsea's ageing squad can't provide Conte the ingriedients he needs otherwise without CL football, they would be up there.

:damn

Fully deserved winners but a shame Tottenham couldn't run them closer. With their move to Wembley, I think they might struggle next season and after that, will their star players be tempted to go elsewhere?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » May 16, '17, 1:52 pm

PorkChop wrote:Despite this, it's still hard to look past a Man City title win, but I expect it to go to the wire. I fancy Spurs to finish above Arsenal this season though, and Liverpool to finish above Man United too.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Return to Soccer/Football