It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:18 pm

Best and worst game you've ever been to?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Best and worst game you've ever been to?

Postby PorkChop » Sep 24, '16, 10:07 am

Best: Villa 3 - 2 Southampton. This was in 2005 I think, the season they went down. They went 2-0 up at half time, before Villa came back in the second half to win the game. I've experienced some real highs and lows supporting Villa (mostly lows) and that game had a whole bunch of them. Unforgettable day. I also got Nobby Solano's autograph.

Worst: Villa 0-0 West Brom, 2007ish. The only chance on goal for both sides was a Lee Hendrie header which shaved the bar, and that was it. A storm broke out towards the end and it began to hail. I got the bus from Villa Park looking like a drowned rat. Terrible game, terrible day.

Most Villa games I've attended post-2011 are strong candidates for this category though tbh.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Best and worst game you've ever been to?

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 24, '16, 10:43 am

I don't get to Ibrox as much as I'd like to but I'd say the best game I've been to was the night before Hogmanay in 2009, Rangers vs Dundee United with my Dad. It was an absolutely freezing night, the roads were fucking covered in slush and we got rear ended leaving the stadium but that was a belter of a game. Rangers won 7-1, 5 of the goals came from Kris Boyd and it was the night he became the SPL's all time top scorer. Felt like I never sat down for the full 90 minutes, just about the only thing that could have made it better is an extra pair of socks.

Worst game I attended was a Scottish Cup game against Albion Rovers in 2014. It was just unbearably dull and frustrating and it come in a time before Warburton's rebuilding of the team so Rangers were far below par. Behind for most of the game, didn't manage to pull level until McCoist sent Bilel Mohsni up front to lead the line and he scored by falling over the goalkeeper when a cross was coming in.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Return to Soccer/Football