It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 10:57 pm

November 2015: Futbol/Football Discussion: The 'when will Jose get sacked' Thread

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

November 2015: Futbol/Football Discussion: The 'when will Jose get sacked' Thread

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 01, '15, 4:21 pm

Mourinho to be gone by next Saturday evening. I think they'll draw or stumble to a 1-0 win over Kiev, then lose to Stoke.

The third year syndrome continues..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: November 2015: Futbol/Football Discussion: The 'when will Jose get sacked' Thread

Postby prophet » Nov 01, '15, 4:26 pm

Sacking Jose would be daft, he's brought Chelsea more success than anyone in the club's history; you don't turn your back on someone like that, you show loyalty and give him the time he needs to turn it around.

That said I do think he's lost Hazard. The physio situation is what started all this in my opinion, Jose showed he cared more about snatching a draw than Hazard's health and well-being, why would he want to play for someone like that? He probably has a bit of guilt about that whole ordeal considering it led to the physio losing her job.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: November 2015: Futbol/Football Discussion: The 'when will Jose get sacked' Thread

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 01, '15, 4:44 pm

I did think he'd be given bit more time, maybe until the end of the Xmas fixtures but after Saturday, not so sure. If Chelsea are still in dire straits, Roman will replace him reluctantly to the tune of £30m but that's loose change for Abramovich anyway.

His press conferences and interviews are the only aspect of Chelsea that shows bit of fight, unlike his players. Ferdinand made a point that compared to the strong dressing room of Ballack, Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cech who could accept a rollocking, this crop of players need handling differently but they seem to be showing nothing for him now so hard to see results/performances improving.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Nov 02, '15, 2:17 pm

We are the worst team in the country, confirmed.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 02, '15, 2:56 pm

PorkChop wrote:We are the worst team in the country, confirmed.

And to rub it in, referee Mike Dean celebrates the goal realising Dembele is his fantasy football captain

Think Villa should have at least made an attempt for Moyes before Garde - think the French players in the squad will be happier but a gamble.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Nov 02, '15, 3:45 pm

Unless Garde is some sort of miracle worker, we're going down. We're already down, if you ask me.

I just feel numb. I've never seen a football team with such a deeply ingrained losing mentality. Stan Collymore is a knob but he talks sense sometimes - Randy Lerner, Tom Fox, Henrik Almstadt, Paddy Riley, they all need to go. The club is rotten at the core and changes need to be made from the top down.

On a somewhat positive note though, the Villa away support is consistently fantastic. All bias aside, I'd comfortably say it was the best I've seen in the league this season. The away fans are a real credit to the club.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 02, '15, 4:03 pm

PorkChop wrote:Unless Garde is some sort of miracle worker, we're going down. We're already down, if you ask me.

I just feel numb. I've never seen a football team with such a deeply ingrained losing mentality. Stan Collymore is a knob but he talks sense sometimes - Randy Lerner, Tom Fox, Henrik Almstadt, Paddy Riley, they all need to go. The club is rotten at the core and changes need to be made from the top down.

On a somewhat positive note though, the Villa away support is consistently fantastic. All bias aside, I'd comfortably say it was the best I've seen in the league this season. The away fans are a real credit to the club.

Garde does seem (haven't seen any of his teams) a cool exterior and maybe has a Wenger like approach and maybe, that, could help bring different results. Sherwood's in your face style can only work and for a squad sapped out of morale, might actually help them. But yes, Villa's managerial and ownership structure has been woeful.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 3:27 pm

I work with a Villa fan and despite liking the appointment of Garde he believes relegation would probably be good for the club at this stage. He said the fans are sick of losing week after week and going down might at the very least allow the club to win games in addition to providing the same stability clubs like West Ham, Newcastle and West Brom have found, how do you feel @PorkChop?

FA CUP WEEKEND! Man I love the FA Cup, I don't care for the Carling Cup but the FA is something else, it's always been special for me. Last year gave me the best game I've ever been to in my life down at Stamford Bridge and we start our campaign on Sunday away at Aldershot. I was planning on going but the 10-hour round trip murdered any plans I had of driving, luckily for me the game is (for some reason) being streamed worldwide so I should be able to find it online.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 05, '15, 4:04 pm

Salford v Notts County on the Beeb. Might as well give Man United a sub section on the channel: Rooney/SAF/Class of 92 and now Salford. It's all MUFC after years under Fergie when you wouldn't have even had a sniff of the club on it. But first part of the class of 92 was a good watch - can't help but cringe at Phil Neville, that spell as Moyes' number has stained him.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Nov 05, '15, 4:19 pm

prophet wrote:I work with a Villa fan and despite liking the appointment of Garde he believes relegation would probably be good for the club at this stage. He said the fans are sick of losing week after week and going down might at the very least allow the club to win games in addition to providing the same stability clubs like West Ham, Newcastle and West Brom have found, how do you feel @PorkChop?

I half agree. Relegation would put pressure on Lerner to heavily invest in the club or sell, both of which the club desperately needs him to do. Also a thorough clearout would be good for the club - although some very talented players would definitely leave (Amavi, Adama, Gil, several others), getting rid of a lot of the players and their infectious losing mentalities would work wonders for the team.

The only fear I have is that we do a Leeds and get stuck in a never-ending black hole of misery and shit. I'm not sure I want to take that risk.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 4:27 pm

prophet wrote:FA CUP WEEKEND! Man I love the FA Cup, I don't care for the Carling Cup but the FA is something else, it's always been special for me. Last year gave me the best game I've ever been to in my life down at Stamford Bridge and we start our campaign on Sunday away at Aldershot. I was planning on going but the 10-hour round trip murdered any plans I had of driving, luckily for me the game is (for some reason) being streamed worldwide so I should be able to find it online.

Here's hoping for another giant killing campaign, eh? I never watched that game but I heard about it and thought it was pretty cool. I'm sure you'll manage without Andy Halliday this time around. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby prophet » Nov 06, '15, 4:40 am

SlightlyJames wrote:
prophet wrote:FA CUP WEEKEND! Man I love the FA Cup, I don't care for the Carling Cup but the FA is something else, it's always been special for me. Last year gave me the best game I've ever been to in my life down at Stamford Bridge and we start our campaign on Sunday away at Aldershot. I was planning on going but the 10-hour round trip murdered any plans I had of driving, luckily for me the game is (for some reason) being streamed worldwide so I should be able to find it online.

Here's hoping for another giant killing campaign, eh? I never watched that game but I heard about it and thought it was pretty cool. I'm sure you'll manage without Andy Halliday this time around. :lol

Andy Halliday has been doing well for you hasn't he? I've seen him score one or two lovely goals, for us he was always a hard worker but rarely produced anything special, glad to see him doing good.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 06, '15, 10:15 am

prophet wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

Andy Halliday has been doing well for you hasn't he? I've seen him score one or two lovely goals, for us he was always a hard worker but rarely produced anything special, glad to see him doing good.

He's been pretty good aye, he's a near constant inclusion in a team that gets rotated quite a bit. He generally drops into a holding role in midfield, I don't know that he's the kind of player we need for that position but he's doing alright for now, plays his heart out for the club and that'll always earn him a chance for me.

I won't fault him when he's scored a few of them but like a lot of the team right now he's a little bit too fond of just firing away from outside the box (much like James Tavernier who seems to believe his own hype), I'd prefer if they worked it in a little more often. At least until we get some more consistent results.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 06, '15, 4:22 pm

Speaking of the football up north, Ronny Deila could be in trouble if Celtic don't make it out of their EL group.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 06, '15, 4:24 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Speaking of the football up north, Ronny Deila could be in trouble if Celtic don't make it out of their EL group.

Dude seems thoroughly out of his depth. Keep him on for a year or two I say. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 06, '15, 4:27 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Speaking of the football up north, Ronny Deila could be in trouble if Celtic don't make it out of their EL group.

Dude seems thoroughly out of his depth. Keep him on for a year or two I say. :lol

I think it's going to be a while before we see a really competitive battle between Rangers-Celtic IMO. Celtic seem to be giving themselves a smaller budget; Rangers seem to be heading back to the top division but hard to envisage when the next two good sides will be created to have at least some sort of close tussles like they used previously.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Nov 08, '15, 7:53 am

Dear Aston Villa. I know you're shite and all. But if you could do me a favour and pull a win out of your arse today, that would be great.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby prophet » Nov 08, '15, 8:09 am

Villa have actually looked decent in this first half. Carlos Gil is an absolute player, no doubt about it. Bony has gone off injured as well, I fancy their chances.

I NEED TO FIND A STREAM FOR THE BRADFORD GAME!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Nov 08, '15, 10:04 am

Solid result for Villa, good performance as well. The team which started today should've been the one to start every game this season - finally Lescott, Richardson, N'Zogbia and Gabby were dropped. It's criminal that players like Gil and Veretout barely got a game under Sherwood, the fucking clown.

I still think we'll end up going down but there's some hope to cling to.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 08, '15, 4:58 pm

I think Garde will focus on defensive shape and stability, keep clean sheets and try and nick a goal here and there until January when he might be able to bring in a striker for goals.

Spurs will be kicking themselves - in full control throughout the NLD but maybe playing on Thursday took its toll, struggled last 15mins.

Also, Pardew v Klopp was a good watch from what I hear!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Next

Return to Soccer/Football