It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:52 pm

Bernie Sanders officially endorses Hilary Clinton for president

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Bernie Sanders officially endorses Hilary Clinton for president

Postby The Legend » Jul 13, '16, 7:03 pm

^^^ I don't believe at all that I'll be choosing between two evils. There's only one evil and his name is Donald Trump. Well there's two evils, there's the Trump level of evil that is incomparable level of evil. Then there's the regular level of Republican evil which is still a really high level of evil.

Hillary Clinton may not be flawless, but she's Mother Teresa compared to Trump or Republicans.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 13, '16, 10:29 pm

Everlong wrote:"By Endorsing Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders May Have Positioned Himself to Win The Presidency"

That article has to be satire, right?

That entire Q&A just reeks of a complete disconnect with reality. It's over. It's been over for months. As much as I like Sanders, and as much as I dislike Clinton, it's over. Bernie knows it's over. Most rational people do. There is no "masterful chess move" or hidden motive of pulling out all the stops at the convention. It's done.

The scary thing is, that article isn't satire and shows that there's plenty of hardcore Bern victims out there still clinging on and refusing to accept anything other than their god winning outright. Every time they don't get what they want, there's always an excuse. Bernie got screwed by the voting system, or Bernie got screwed by the media, or Bernie got screwed by the delegates, or "they" threatened to shut Bernie out of the convention if he didn't endorse Hillary (...what?). The guy just can't lose. Even though he held out long enough to get a lot of his progressive policies on the Democratic platform, which is a great compromise, especially when you consider what the expectations for Bernie were before he started his campaign.

I guarantee you'll see articles a year from now saying there's still hope because "they'll see the light" and automatically make Bernie president because it's obviously what everybody wants, and the FBI investigation will uncover evidence proving that Bernie lost by almost 4 million votes because Hillary flew around the country on her broomstick casting spells that fucked with the count.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » Jul 30, '16, 2:32 pm

So I guess Bernie's "masterful chess move" didn't exactly work out?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jul 30, '16, 3:12 pm

It's been clear for quite a while that Sanders wasn't going to be the Democratic candidate. But it strikes me that it's still a bad sign for Clinton's presidential campaign that so many people are still talking about Bernie. I originally thought that Trump would lose the election because those who make up the usual swing vote wouldn't be inclined to vote for a celebrity/joke over an actual politician. But it's very clear that Hilary isn't an exciting candidate and I can't see huge numbers of centrists rushing out to vote for her either, and now she doesn't have all of the Democrats on her side either. It seems like we might get unprecedented numbers of left-leaning voters either sitting at home or casting their votes for third party candidates.

It's a little sad that I'm so worried that a candidate will lose, when at the same time, I care so little about her winning.

Last edited by Hanley! on Jul 31, '16, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 30, '16, 3:36 pm

Everlong wrote:So I guess Bernie's "masterful chess move" didn't exactly work out?

It's a slow Bern. We just have to be patient.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 30, '16, 4:17 pm

Could Trump win the presidency by winning a few big states (maybe in the South?) - read a suggestion that's what could happen and if Clinton isn't the most inspiring, positive candidate then could see people going for Trump. We saw in the UK that divisiveness can win so I'm starting to think Trump could win over Clinton.

But some excerpts of the Democratic convention speeches from Obama and the US Muslim soldier's father were solid but Bill went on abit too long from what I heard..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 30, '16, 10:32 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:
Everlong wrote:"By Endorsing Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders May Have Positioned Himself to Win The Presidency"

That article has to be satire, right?

That entire Q&A just reeks of a complete disconnect with reality. It's over. It's been over for months. As much as I like Sanders, and as much as I dislike Clinton, it's over. Bernie knows it's over. Most rational people do. There is no "masterful chess move" or hidden motive of pulling out all the stops at the convention. It's done.

The scary thing is, that article isn't satire and shows that there's plenty of hardcore Bern victims out there still clinging on and refusing to accept anything other than their god winning outright. Every time they don't get what they want, there's always an excuse. Bernie got screwed by the voting system, or Bernie got screwed by the media, or Bernie got screwed by the delegates, or "they" threatened to shut Bernie out of the convention if he didn't endorse Hillary (...what?). The guy just can't lose. Even though he held out long enough to get a lot of his progressive policies on the Democratic platform, which is a great compromise, especially when you consider what the expectations for Bernie were before he started his campaign.

I guarantee you'll see articles a year from now saying there's still hope because "they'll see the light" and automatically make Bernie president because it's obviously what everybody wants, and the FBI investigation will uncover evidence proving that Bernie lost by almost 4 million votes because Hillary flew around the country on her broomstick casting spells that fucked with the count.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Bernie was a blatant victim of voter fraud and suppression, and was also fucked over by establishment super delegates that were supporting Clinton before he even joined the race. There are emails that have been leaked that prove that the DNC was out to get him from the very beginning.

This closed-minded cynicism is offensive to everybody who have supported Bernie's cause for the past year. His campaign was positive and uplifting and the establishment stopped him at every turn. I don't understand why people have to be so smug concerning something that had the potential to be wonderful.

Had there not been such foul play, Bernie would have received more pledged delegates than Hillary.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/7/29/1 ... -Landslide

Despite Bernie losing the nomination because of the rigged system, he still has power in the senate and by endorsing Clinton, he has set her up for political betrayal if she doesn't follow through with his progressive demands. He's the most brilliant politician in America, not only because he knows what he's doing but because his rhetoric is legit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Jul 31, '16, 8:23 am

Hanley! wrote:It's been clear for quite a while that Sanders wasn't going to be the Democratic candidate. But it strikes me that it's still a bad sign for Clinton's presidential campaign that so many people are still talking about Bernie. I originally thought that Trump would lose the election because those who make up the usual swing vote wouldn't be inclined to vote for a celebrity/joke over an actual politician. But it's very clear that Hilary isn't an exciting candidate and I can't see huge numbers of centrists rushing out to vote for her either, and now she doesn't have all of the Democrats on her side either. It seems like we might get unprecedented numbers of left-leaning voters either sitting at home or casting their votes for third party candidates.

It's a little sad that I'm so worried that a candidate will lose, when at the same time, I care so little about her winning.

Yeah at this point I would bet on Trump winning. Both parties are going to be somewhat fractured because of how much each candidate is despised (by their own parties and the opposition), but with the latest scandal revealing the DNC's efforts to take down Sanders, not to mention Hillary's other scandals, I think liberals will be more turned off of her than conservatives are of Trump.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DBSoT » Jul 31, '16, 9:56 am

I still can't believe people think Trump has any chance of winning. If the conventions proved anything, they showed that Republicans are still very divided on Trump, but Democrats are willing to compromise on Hillary. Not to sound like a broken record, but Gary Johnson is now at 14℅ in the polls. Majority of those voters are disgruntled conservatives. Trump has no shot. If Hillary would have been indicted for her email scandal, then I could see her losing, but not now.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Jul 31, '16, 5:50 pm

DBSoT wrote:I still can't believe people think Trump has any chance of winning.

If you're paying attention to any of the major polls, it's quite close right now.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DBSoT » Jul 31, '16, 6:55 pm

Everlong wrote:
DBSoT wrote:I still can't believe people think Trump has any chance of winning.

If you're paying attention to any of the major polls, it's quite close right now.
I have and I still don't believe Trump has any chance of winning. I also base that on Trump getting destroyed on a debate stage.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jul 31, '16, 7:04 pm

I don't think the debates tend to make a huge amount of difference. I mean, everyone knows Trump's track record for talking utter shit and making a general twat out of himself. I don't think many of his supporters are following him because of his debating skills. They're not looking for him to argue coherently, just spraying vitriol is enough for them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Ali » Jul 31, '16, 7:56 pm

I get it. Hillary is corrupt as all hell, she bought the election from the start, Bernie never had a chance.

I'm still not willing to NOT vote for her.

I do not want Mike Pence in charge of this country. Because Donald Trump is NOT going to do anything, he's going to have the title of President and take a four year vacation.

And I get it, people are sick of voting for the "lesser of two evils", but, I am sorry, a third party is NOT a viable option, it just isn't, the majority of Americans are still going to vote for either Trump or Clinton, so whichever one you want less, you have to vote for the other one to be sure, and if you want neither, TOUGH.

But what burns me up the most, what really pisses me off more than anything... what did we expect to happen if Bernie won? Why do we have to wait for four years at a time to make these issues such a big deal? Do people honestly think that if Sanders won, he would step into the Oval Office and find the hidden "Make Everything Better" button? No, that'd be stupid, but it feels like what people expected!

Change takes time. Progress is a process. If we want the world to change, we have to start from the bottom up. Not just every four years at the top level, its gotta be constant involvement.

But now, because Bernie didn't win, which was a very likely outcome from the beginning... we're willing to throw away all of the progress he fought for out of spite?! We're gonna put Mike Pence in the driver's seat just because--gasp!--a politician is corrupt?! Perish the thought! This is unheard of! /s

At the very least, Bernie is STILL going to hold Hillary to her promises as best he can. Probably small consolation, but hey, take what we can get.

I don't like it either, but it's just how it is.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 31, '16, 11:27 pm

VaderBomb wrote:You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guess that makes two of us then. And calling me close-minded... coming from the guy who said anyone that is against Bernie is clearly against humanity (OH THE HUMANITY), the guy who said Kanye West would make a better candidate than almost everyone else who ran this year, the guy who promised Bernie would run as an independent because "trust me", the guy who saw some random blog on social media saying Bernie is still gonna win, believed every word of it and posted it here as if it was a legit article.

I like Bernie. I voted for Bernie in the CA primaries. You have to appreciate how far he's come and what he was able to add to the Democratic platform. I have no problem with Bernie supporters (like overlord Tim) who can acknowledge when he has no chance anymore, or Bernie supporters who can admit that Bernie did not run a perfect campaign and perhaps he may have made some mistakes that cost him votes: Like not attacking Hillary hard enough, saying he was "sick of hearing about her damn emails", not expanding his target audience far enough past college liberals, or not reaching blacks in the South where he did very poorly in votes.

I believe there's a difference between these people and Bern victims who hear what they want to hear even if it doesn't always align with reality or what Bernie is saying. If you want to interpret that as me wanting to suppress Bernie's message, then ok. Not surprising given your argument so far.

There is no concrete proof of the DNC massively rigging the primaries to specifically screw him at every single turn. That's your constant go-to excuse every time Bernie doesn't win something. The link you posted is all very speculative stuff that implies that Bernie (and of course only Bernie), was hurt by possible instances of fraud, and that of course he would be winning, in a landslide to boot, if it weren't for suppression. And they cite unreliable exit polls. Perhaps the gap between Bernie and Hillary would have been closer, but that's as much as I'm willing to believe. Since you believe everything you read, here's some articles to at least consider:

Exit Polls and No Stolen Primary From Sanders - NY Times

On Voter Fraud in New York

On Voter Fraud in Arizona

Debunking Election Fraud Allegations

Democratic Primary Wasn't Rigged

For the Last Time

There IS concrete proof that the DNC privately favored Clinton over Sanders, but is that really so shocking when you take into account the fact that 1) Bernie has been an outsider for his entire political career and has never been a Democratic party member at heart, 2) he criticized the DNC's voting system throughout his entire campaign, and 3) he actually sued the DNC while 4) Hillary spent decades building relationships with the DNC. Why would the DNC favor him over Hillary? Why would the superdelegates - who Sanders has called "undemocratic" - suddenly change their minds and vote for him even though he lost by 4 million votes?

VaderBomb wrote:He's the most brilliant politician in America,

This I can agree with. He took your money and he ain't giving it back.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » Aug 01, '16, 8:08 am

And I get it, people are sick of voting for the "lesser of two evils", but, I am sorry, a third party is NOT a viable option, it just isn't, the majority of Americans are still going to vote for either Trump or Clinton, so whichever one you want less, you have to vote for the other one to be sure, and if you want neither, TOUGH.
Who ever said that this was the case? Maybe Bernie supporters did, but for me, I absolutely accept that my guy won't win. It is a long journey for 3rd party candidates, but getting on the debate stage and stealing 13-15% of the general election vote makes people take notice. Especially in a year where people have such a low opinion of the Dem-Rep candidates. People always go back to the wasted vote argument, but that is inaccurate. If I don't vote Johnson, than I likely wouldn't vote at all. If I don't vote at all than I am just helping the 2 party system to continue to exist. People all want to talk about progress in this country, but people are lazy. They may want progress, but they accept crap, out of convenience. "Well only Hillary and Trump can win, so I guess I have to just sit there and take it up the ass." This is the last time I am saying this, because my record has clearly been broken, but I don't care if you vote for Bernie, Jill Stein, or Gary Johnson. I just want to see record high votes for 3rd party candidates. If for no other reason than to force the country to expand their thinking. I also realize as I type this that it is futile. We live in a country of people that are willing to vote for a Trump/Pence ticket, so maybe it will just always be about the letter (R/D) next to the names.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Aug 01, '16, 11:55 am

Ali wrote:I get it. Hillary is corrupt as all hell, she bought the election from the start, Bernie never had a chance.

I'm still not willing to NOT vote for her.

I do not want Mike Pence in charge of this country. Because Donald Trump is NOT going to do anything, he's going to have the title of President and take a four year vacation.

But what burns me up the most, what really pisses me off more than anything... what did we expect to happen if Bernie won? Why do we have to wait for four years at a time to make these issues such a big deal? Do people honestly think that if Sanders won, he would step into the Oval Office and find the hidden "Make Everything Better" button? No, that'd be stupid, but it feels like what people expected!

Change takes time. Progress is a process. If we want the world to change, we have to start from the bottom up. Not just every four years at the top level, its gotta be constant involvement.

But now, because Bernie didn't win, which was a very likely outcome from the beginning... we're willing to throw away all of the progress he fought for out of spite?! We're gonna put Mike Pence in the driver's seat just because--gasp!--a politician is corrupt?! Perish the thought! This is unheard of! /s

At the very least, Bernie is STILL going to hold Hillary to her promises as best he can. Probably small consolation, but hey, take what we can get.

I don't like it either, but it's just how it is.

People who vote third party aren't doing so because they think their candidate is going to win. They're doing so because they want to make a statement with their vote.

In an electoral college system, your vote practically doesn't mean anything unless you're in a battleground state. Like, in Texas, you're making literally no difference if you go and vote for Hillary. However, the more support third party candidates get from a popular vote standpoint, the more exposure they're going to get on the national stage, which then trickles down to more exposure on local stages.

Everyone complains about the two party system being broken, but then demonize people who actually vote third party to try to do something about a system that virtually everyone despises. It makes zero sense. Donald Trump is a reprehensible human being and a terrible choice for president. Hillary Clinton is despicable, cold, calculating and corrupt, and I really don't want to give her my vote, even if she is basically by default a better choice than Trump. Why would I NOT kick my vote toward someone I at least like better than both of them, especially considering the electoral college means my vote isn't worth shit in determining the president anyway?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 03, '16, 1:16 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guess that makes two of us then. And calling me close-minded... coming from the guy who said anyone that is against Bernie is clearly against humanity (OH THE HUMANITY), the guy who said Kanye West would make a better candidate than almost everyone else who ran this year, the guy who promised Bernie would run as an independent because "trust me", the guy who saw some random blog on social media saying Bernie is still gonna win, believed every word of it and posted it here as if it was a legit article.

I like Bernie. I voted for Bernie in the CA primaries. You have to appreciate how far he's come and what he was able to add to the Democratic platform. I have no problem with Bernie supporters (like overlord Tim) who can acknowledge when he has no chance anymore, or Bernie supporters who can admit that Bernie did not run a perfect campaign and perhaps he may have made some mistakes that cost him votes: Like not attacking Hillary hard enough, saying he was "sick of hearing about her damn emails", not expanding his target audience far enough past college liberals, or not reaching blacks in the South where he did very poorly in votes.

I believe there's a difference between these people and Bern victims who hear what they want to hear even if it doesn't always align with reality or what Bernie is saying. If you want to interpret that as me wanting to suppress Bernie's message, then ok. Not surprising given your argument so far.

There is no concrete proof of the DNC massively rigging the primaries to specifically screw him at every single turn. That's your constant go-to excuse every time Bernie doesn't win something. The link you posted is all very speculative stuff that implies that Bernie (and of course only Bernie), was hurt by possible instances of fraud, and that of course he would be winning, in a landslide to boot, if it weren't for suppression. And they cite unreliable exit polls. Perhaps the gap between Bernie and Hillary would have been closer, but that's as much as I'm willing to believe. Since you believe everything you read, here's some articles to at least consider:

Exit Polls and No Stolen Primary From Sanders - NY Times

On Voter Fraud in New York

On Voter Fraud in Arizona

Debunking Election Fraud Allegations

Democratic Primary Wasn't Rigged

For the Last Time

There IS concrete proof that the DNC privately favored Clinton over Sanders, but is that really so shocking when you take into account the fact that 1) Bernie has been an outsider for his entire political career and has never been a Democratic party member at heart, 2) he criticized the DNC's voting system throughout his entire campaign, and 3) he actually sued the DNC while 4) Hillary spent decades building relationships with the DNC. Why would the DNC favor him over Hillary? Why would the superdelegates - who Sanders has called "undemocratic" - suddenly change their minds and vote for him even though he lost by 4 million votes?

VaderBomb wrote:He's the most brilliant politician in America,

This I can agree with. He took your money and he ain't giving it back.

I agree with most of this. I've always known that Bernie was going to get fucked but I chose to remain positive because good things will never happen without positivity and heart. What I don't appreciate is the notion that I believe everything that I read. I have followed this race closer than any presidential race before it because in the past I haven't seen a single major candidate worth supporting.

You condemn me for posting articles but then go and do the same thing. Do you believe everything you read? I don't believe that you do, but acting as if I do is a bit insulting. Nevertheless, I like you and I apologize if I offended you at all. With that being said, I will never be convinced that the primaries weren't outright rigged against Bernie.

Also, I've never donated a dime to any politician (including Bernie), but if he won the Democratic nomination I would have for sure. Fuck Trump. Fuck Hillary. The voters who support these two jokers have been mislead but I love them all the same.

To continue this post on a "silly" note, Kanye would be a better option than a fascist demagogue and a war criminal. Most of my family members and friends would be better options. Kaiser, you would be a better option. Tim would be a better option. I would be a better option. Too bad Hanley isn't a US citizen because he'd be a better option too.

What we have here is the classic case of controlled opposition. I can't get down with that and while I hope that awful bitch Clinton beats Trump so that Bernie's progressive demands have a higher chance of coming to fruition, I would never vote for her and I believe that she would be a terrible president who will likely get us into some pointless war with far too many casualties. Trump would be worse in theory, but he doesn't believe a word that he's spouted this entire campaign, so in a sense he is a phony candidate. The establishment (which both Trump and Clintons are a part of) has chosen Hillary and they have gone through much trouble and corruption to get her there.

The DNC's plan is to move their agenda further to the right. Bernie doesn't agree and I don't give a fuck about how many critics or pundits call him a radical, he's hardly that. He's a classic FDR style New Dealer whose policies would likely be supported by even somebody like Eisenhower. That's how far the paradigm has been shifted to the right. Even look at Hillary's campaign posters, an H with a red arrow pointing to the right. People who blindly vote democrat are being blatantly mocked and most can't even see it. The establishment wants war and special big money interests like big banks and oil and that's what they will likely get.

Bernie as president would have been great, and despite his millions of followers, the establishment has planned on shutting him out since the beginning. We must not let this defeat weaken our revolution. People power can make great change and we will. You could argue that if Bernie was more aggressive towards the corruption than maybe we'd be in a different ballgame, but the reality is the media would have fucked with his message even more than they did. His campaign was classy and perhaps a bit less kick-assy than I would've hoped for, but his integrity and goodness has inspired millions who in the past would've stayed asleep and voted to support a flawed two-party system. His message was not distracted by petty bullshit and even though I would've loved to see him tear into Clinton about her emails, he stood by real issues and I commend the man. I'd love to see him get voted in to lead the senate in 2018, which could be a strong possibility considering the massive following that he's gained within the past year.

To wrap it up, a mixture of reality and positivity is the only way we can better our lives. Negativity and defeatism will only weaken us and give strength to the powers that be. Thank you for voting for Bernie in the primaries, you have done a good deed.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » Aug 03, '16, 4:41 pm

Fox News Poll has Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 10%. Take that for what it's worth.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... lawed.html

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 03, '16, 6:49 pm

DBSoT wrote:Fox News Poll has Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 10%. Take that for what it's worth.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... lawed.html

Sigh.

All is going according to plan. America's biggest bullshitter is Trump coming out with all that bullshit rhetoric about nukes will only help the establishment's top pick Clinton arrive into office. That's been the planned endgame ever since Bernie announced that he was running last spring, and they panicked and gave Drumpf a call asking for his assistance to play the role of the "anti-establishment" candidate to distract from Bernie's message. Watch as Trump becomes more and more outrageous to the point where she will be crushing him in the polls by the time November rolls around. That's been the plan since early last summer and said plan will work, sadly.

The only good thing that will come out of this fuckery is that Bernie has set up Clinton for major political betrayal if she refuses to accept his progressive demands.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Previous

Return to News and Politics