It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:41 am

British MP shot and stabbed after holding a drop-in in her constituency

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

British MP shot and stabbed after holding a drop-in in her constituency

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 16, '16, 1:28 pm

I'd never heard of Jo Cox MP but horrific details of her murder today.

Conflicting reports on what happened, whether it was her intervening in a fight between two people or she was brutally targeted by a man who shot her, then stabbed her repeatedly.

She seems to have stood up for the crisis in Syria, Palestine and had worked for Oxfam plus being part of the Remain side. Her husband's statement eloquently written at a time of a great tragedy.

The killer reportedly shouted 'Britain First' (a right-wing, racist group who have an anti-Muslim agenda) yet the media will focus on his mental health issues and already reading reports describing how he did his mum's shopping twice a week..

Last edited by AkydefGoldberg on Jun 17, '16, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: British MP shot and stabbed in her constituency

Postby Circled Square » Jun 16, '16, 2:53 pm

Just FYI, he didn't shout Britian first or whatever it was, at least it hasnt been confirmed.The woman who said that deleted the tweet and police haven't spoke on it. I know the British media wants to furiously masturbate over right wing extremism just like the states love Islamic terrorism but again, give it some time.

This woman had children. I csnt imagine what they are feeling right now, without their mother. RIP.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby War Daddy » Jun 16, '16, 5:55 pm

You should ban the guns.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby The Legend » Jun 16, '16, 7:06 pm

What part of the body is exactly the "constituency"?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Re: British MP shot and stabbed after holding a drop-in in her constituency

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 17, '16, 6:26 am

Circled Square wrote:Just FYI, he didn't shout Britian first or whatever it was, at least it hasnt been confirmed.The woman who said that deleted the tweet and police haven't spoke on it. I know the British media wants to furiously masturbate over right wing extremism just like the states love Islamic terrorism but again, give it some time.

Few witnesses have said those were words used but no doubt if it was Allah Akbar shouted then it'd be reported as gospel without any sort of fact checking.

You couldn't be more wrong - British media sadly don't give a crap about right wing extremism compared to Islamist incidents hence already they are describing the murderer as a "loner", mental health issues rather than exploring what his associations have been with the far right. Because why be fair in their reporting of both elements eh?

Sums up BF's thinking

The Legend wrote:What part of the body is exactly the "constituency"?

Apologies, fasting takes out brain functioning at times! Changed it now.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 11:07 am

He was literally on psychotropics though and lived with his mother. He wasn't mentally well at all. They questioned his neighbors and they described him as somebody not politically involved. I know British media will do whatever they can to make sure you vote to stay in the EU, but please don't let them lie to you just because they're telling you a lie you want to hear.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 17, '16, 1:06 pm

Circled Square wrote:He was literally on psychotropics though and lived with his mother. He wasn't mentally well at all. They questioned his neighbors and they described him as somebody not politically involved. I know British media will do whatever they can to make sure you vote to stay in the EU, but please don't let them lie to you just because they're telling you a lie you want to hear.

Sorry but that's a load of crock shit. He killed a politician so it's a political act - infact the police are looking into his far-right views as their main priority of investigation. Yet you hear comments of "oh, he was a loner", "oh he loved his gardening". I can't remember the killer of Lee Rigby, who was a schizophrenic, having his mental health publicised as the primary focus. So like you say, the media can change the narrative on a story very quickly to not let the whole picture to the masses and it's quite clear here that this wasn't a chap with mental health who decided to kill his MP.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Jun 17, '16, 1:11 pm

Circled Square wrote:I know British media will do whatever they can to make sure you vote to stay in the EU,

lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 1:19 pm

Yeah, of course they're looking into him being a right wing extremist, that's what they want him to be. They outright lied about him shouting Britian First and didn't retract the statement. From day one they wanted you to perceive this murder as an evil whitey killing a strong woman who supports refugees, immigration and the EU. This should be painfully obvious to you. Now if they rig the vote it makes sense why leave lost 49 to 51. And if they win, they'll take it into consideration and talk about it for a year, stall as long as they can until they have a referendum that ends in what they want, which is staying. To the plebs who don't look beyond the surface level, they legitimately think he shouted Britian first. The job has been done by the media. It's actually one of the best executed manipulation I've ever seen.

If he turns out to be a right wing nut I will admit being wrong. Mental illness is still a big part of it either way. Just like how Omar Mateen having anger issues was a big part of the Orlando massacre.

Last edited by Circled Square on Jun 17, '16, 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 1:19 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Circled Square wrote:I know British media will do whatever they can to make sure you vote to stay in the EU,

lol

Not an argument.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Jun 17, '16, 1:28 pm

Circled Square wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

lol

Not an argument.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion, but it's totally false and to suggest otherwise is quite funny. It's not even worth a proper reply.

Source: I've lived in Britain for 25 years

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 1:31 pm

I've seen nothing but pro EU coverage, honestly. I don't know much about twenty years ago or whatever. But I've been following the Brexit for awhile now and most who are against the EU are shouted down and called racists, xenophobic and UKIP supporters.

Considering how Blair, Cameron, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton support the EU and want Britian to say, from an international perspective it sure looks like the big money politicans love big daddy EU.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 17, '16, 4:25 pm

Circled Square wrote:Yeah, of course they're looking into him being a right wing extremist, that's what they want him to be. They outright lied about him shouting Britian First and didn't retract the statement. From day one they wanted you to perceive this murder as an evil whitey killing a strong woman who supports refugees, immigration and the EU. This should be painfully obvious to you. Now if they rig the vote it makes sense why leave lost 49 to 51. And if they win, they'll take it into consideration and talk about it for a year, stall as long as they can until they have a referendum that ends in what they want, which is staying. To the plebs who don't look beyond the surface level, they legitimately think he shouted Britian first. The job has been done by the media. It's actually one of the best executed manipulation I've ever seen.

If he turns out to be a right wing nut I will admit being wrong. Mental illness is still a big part of it either way. Just like how Omar Mateen having anger issues was a big part of the Orlando massacre.

Yup, just a big plan to make sure Britain stays in the EU. I wouldn't pay too much attention to polls tbf - at the last general election it was supposed to be a close run thing yet Cameron won comfortably.

Yes, let's ignore two witnesses who said he shouted 'Britain first' plus the other developments today.

The culture of politics in this country, plus Leave campaign's nasty, anti-immigrant stance will sadly lead to situations where MPs are killed.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 4:33 pm

It's incredible that people like you exist lmao. I don't like the left too much for example but I don't stifle them by saying their mere existsnce causes politicans to be murdered. I'm one of those people I guess who separates the individual from the pre determined narrative. We'll ignore the Arabic witness retracting his statements and multiple witnesses denying that being said because it helps paint a picture that shows the right wing being evil.

And that trash can is ideology.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Jun 17, '16, 5:24 pm

Just to add to the media argument. Most of the main news outlets in the UK are predominantly right wing and have done nothing but disparage the EU throughout this whole referendum ordeal. In fact, it's because of the piss poor right wing approach to journalism that stirred up the animosity and gave enough coverage to idiots like Farrage that we're having the referendum in the fucking first place.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 6:15 pm

I won't try to argue about British media with British people, but this is news to me. Farage is covered negatively in my experience . I've watched question time or whatever that show is where they have political discussions with people and the right wingers get booed by default.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Jun 17, '16, 10:23 pm

Because right wing politicians in this country are absolute parasites.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 10:54 pm

Daz wrote:Because right wing politicians in this country are absolute parasites.

That's not a healthy mindset to have at all. You need an opposition. I don't think the EU wants a right wing party, a true right wing party like UKIP to gain traction. They've publically called right wing leaders of other countries like Hungary and Poland fascists.

If you shut out your real opposition you get faux opposition like here in Canada, the NDP and the Liberal parties are both left wing and they have often teamed up to shit on the conservative party. Oh, and our conservatives are globalist cunts so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Jun 17, '16, 11:16 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Daz wrote:Because right wing politicians in this country are absolute parasites.

That's not a healthy mindset to have at all. You need an opposition. I don't think the EU wants a right wing party, a true right wing party like UKIP to gain traction. They've publically called right wing leaders of other countries like Hungary and Poland fascists.

If you shut out your real opposition you get faux opposition like here in Canada, the NDP and the Liberal parties are both left wing and they have often teamed up to shit on the conservative party. Oh, and our conservatives are globalist cunts so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

We've had faux opposition here for decades. Blair's Labour was no better than the Tories and Miliband was like off brand Tory.

Right now a right wing party is in power and they've basically undercut anyone not in the highest tax bracket and are actively trying to dismantle the NHS by underfunding, selling off chunks, and fucking with junior staff. Half the party are supporting the Leave campaign and are using transparent as fuck propaganda and lies that are so easy to refute it's not even funny to do so.

If there is a conspiracy surrounding the EU referendum, then it's a government sanctioned media frenzy to distract from rising unemployment, an economy in the toilet because of Tory overspending, continuing austerity and general fuckery Cameron and his etonian idiots have subjected us to.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '16, 11:26 pm

You won't get any arguments from me when it comes to Cameron. Don't see how he's much different than Blair. I don't agree with Corbyn in the slightest and I think he'd destroy the country but I'd rather he get elected than David because at least he's honest, well for a politican. Government healthcare being ineffective and inconsistently funded is not something new - that's a different story though lol..

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to News and Politics