It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:09 am

Hillary Clinton declared the presumptive Democratic nominee

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Hillary Clinton declared the presumptive Democratic nominee

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 08, '16, 8:12 pm

http://www.people.com/article/hillary-c ... rs-defiant

Hillary Clinton reached the 2,383 delegates necessary to secure her party's nod for the general election on Monday, her victory in California's elections on Tuesday clinched her spot as the first woman to be named the presumptive presidential nominee for a major political party.

Six states headed to the polls on Tuesday, with Bernie Sanders winning Montana and North Dakota. California was the state to watch, however, with Clinton's close victory in the Golden State winning her an additional 257 delegates out of a possible 475, according to the Associated Press.

However, Sanders also refuses to give up or back down.

Sanders spoke before a boisterous crowd of his own in California on Tuesday to announce "the struggle continues." NBC News reports that Sanders pledged to stay in the race through next week's primary in Washington, D.C.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Hillary Clinton declared the presumptive Democratic nominee

Postby Circled Square » Jun 08, '16, 8:19 pm

Trump vs. Sanders would have been awesome. Even if you disagree with their politics, the end result would be something other than status quo. Hillary won't get fuck all done.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DBSoT » Jun 08, '16, 10:40 pm

Gary Johnson just secured my vote.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Circled Square » Jun 09, '16, 12:35 am

DBSoT wrote:Gary Johnson just secured my vote.

Enjoy having an open boarder

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 09, '16, 5:27 am

Shame Sanders didn't win but it seems Clinton is going to acknowledge his battle by putting some of his important people into a Democrat committee(?) I was reading in a Sunday newspaper over here. Clinton v Trump doesn't give lot of enthusiasm as who would be best to have as President but Clinton, sadly, seems THE candidate.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby DBSoT » Jun 09, '16, 8:28 am

Circled Square wrote:

I am very ok with that. I am also fully aware that he won't win. All I want is him on the debate stage. Having someone on the stage that can challenge Trump and Hillary on their BS is what needs to happen. Lord knows that the moderators won't do it. People need to slowly realize that there is more then 2 options in every election. Any step towards bringing that to fruition is big in my book. It could be any 3rd party candidate and I would be happy, but the fact that I agree with Johnson on many things is a major plus.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jun 09, '16, 10:16 am

DBSoT wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

I am very ok with that. I am also fully aware that he won't win. All I want is him on the debate stage. Having someone on the stage that can challenge Trump and Hillary on their BS is what needs to happen. Lord knows that the moderators won't do it. People need to slowly realize that there is more then 2 options in every election. Any step towards bringing that to fruition is big in my book. It could be any 3rd party candidate and I would be happy, but the fact that I agree with Johnson on many things is a major plus.

You're okay with open boarders? Why? Not even Bernie supporters are that far left.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Jun 09, '16, 11:26 am

Why would you go from voting for Sanders to voting for Johnson, who is literally the opposite of Sanders?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 09, '16, 11:32 am

Super delegates haven't voted yet, so this report is a lie. I won't argue against the fact that they will likely side with her at the convention but it'd be a bad call considering Bernie beats Trump by double digits in national polls and Hillary loses to Trump by 2 points in the same polls.

The rigged game is a mess though. Hillary will get likely the Democratic nomination and Trump will come out and say even more ridiculous shit so that people will vote for her out of fear, which totally sucks. The difference between the primaries and the general election is that all independents can vote without suppression or fraud. Bernie would win the triple threat not only because his favorability soars above his opponents, but because independents (who got fucked in many primaries), smart conservatives who can see through Trump's shit and smart progressive liberals who don't trust criminal Clinton would vote for him.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Jun 09, '16, 11:40 am

VaderBomb wrote:The rigged game is a mess though. Hillary will get likely the Democratic nomination and Trump will come out and say even more ridiculous shit so that people will vote for her out of fear, which totally sucks.

Eh at this point the more ridiculous Trump gets, the more his support grows. It's kind of terrifying tbh.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 09, '16, 12:02 pm

Everlong wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:The rigged game is a mess though. Hillary will get likely the Democratic nomination and Trump will come out and say even more ridiculous shit so that people will vote for her out of fear, which totally sucks.

Eh at this point the more ridiculous Trump gets, the more his support grows. It's kind of terrifying tbh.

Sure. I guess "ridiculous" was the wrong word. Perhaps, stupid or hateful would have suited better but yeah, it's nuts how many people buy into his rhetoric.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » Jun 09, '16, 1:02 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Super delegates haven't voted yet, so this report is a lie. I won't argue against the fact that they will likely side with her at the convention but it'd be a bad call considering Bernie beats Trump by double digits in national polls and Hillary loses to Trump by 2 points in the same polls.

The rigged game is a mess though. Hillary will get likely the Democratic nomination and Trump will come out and say even more ridiculous shit so that people will vote for her out of fear, which totally sucks. The difference between the primaries and the general election is that all independents can vote without suppression or fraud. Bernie would win the triple threat not only because his favorability soars above his opponents, but because independents (who got fucked in many primaries), smart conservatives who can see through Trump's shit and smart progressive liberals who don't trust criminal Clinton would vote for him.
Pretty much this. We may disagree on who that 3rd party candidate should be, but the premise is the same.

Why would you go from voting for Sanders to voting for Johnson, who is literally the opposite of Sanders?
I was never voting for Sanders, but with him in the race, I had to at least consider the possibility. Especially when Trump was the option for the Republicans. Johnson was always the candidate I identified the most, so it is all the better that he has the best chance to stand on the debate stage and challenge Trump and Hillary. He is currently polling at around 11%. He needs 15% to be the first independent since Ross Perot to be at the debates. That is a big deal when you consider this hasn't happened since 1992. That is 6 elections and a majority of most of our lives.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 09, '16, 9:20 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Super delegates haven't voted yet, so this report is a lie. I won't argue against the fact that they will likely side with her at the convention but it'd be a bad call considering Bernie beats Trump by double digits in national polls and Hillary loses to Trump by 2 points in the same polls.

They're probably also considering the fact that she got more votes than Bernie did.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jun 09, '16, 11:42 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:

They're probably also considering the fact that she got more votes than Bernie did.

S
A
V
A
G
E

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 10, '16, 6:35 am

KaiserGlider wrote:

They backed her before Bernie even announced that he was running. This country has turned into an oligarchy within the past 30 years but it's never been so blatant and full of mockery than it is in 2016.

Bernie would have beaten her in national votes if not for massive voter suppression and fraud. In the general election everyone can vote so if he runs third party he would win, in my opinion.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby BrautFan » Jun 10, '16, 8:58 am

Clinton's wardrobe, which I already presumed was ultra expensive (!!), is a news topic I believe.

But seriously... I shop designer. I noticed a HYUUUUUUUGE difference in her wardrobe during this campaign. Her current wardrobe is probably worth several times as much as some of y'all's retirement savings.

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 10, '16, 10:38 pm

VaderBomb wrote:They backed her before Bernie even announced that he was running. This country has turned into an oligarchy within the past 30 years but it's never been so blatant and full of mockery than it is in 2016.

Bernie would have beaten her in national votes if not for massive voter suppression and fraud. In the general election everyone can vote so if he runs third party he would win, in my opinion.

At this point though, the superdelegates won't ignore the will of the people and side with someone who is losing by 4 million votes. If Bernie truly doesn't want a Trump presidency like he claims, the worst thing he can do is run independent. He'll be criticized and lose supporters, put himself in a position to be attacked by Republican propaganda for the first time, split the Democratic vote at best, or end up leaving the decision to the electoral college who will probably pick Hillary or Trump. Sanders promised that he won't run as an independent because he knows these things.

A Bernie/Trump/Hillary triple threat or Bernie/Trump would have been great to see, but since we won't get it, here's the next best thing:

Everlong wrote:

I think Clinton will beat him decisively. I'm actually starting to wonder if Trump's support will weaken as the election goes on. The last few weeks have been pretty terrible for his campaign. First he backed down from the debate with Bernie, which was something that even the most hardcore of Trump's centipedes couldn't spin as a smart move. Then when he was repeatedly questioned about his racist comments toward the Mexican judge, he kept changing the subject and didn't try to refute it at all. Then Hillary verbally slaughtered him last week and he didn't have much of a comeback to it. A lot of head-scratching moments that make me think the only thing Trump really sticks to is staying in the media as much as possible. It's going be a very long and very entertaining campaign. I can't wait for the debates.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Jun 10, '16, 10:55 pm

Also with Trump, the novelty factor is gonna wear thin, if it hasn't already. At some point, outlandish statements and broad generalizations are gonna have to make way for actual politics, and let's face it, he's not capable or qualified to do that.

Hilary on the other hand is positively reptilian, a war profiteer and has a soulless look about her. But she's shrewd as fuck, knows politics and will decimate Trump at all turns. Being embarrassed in debates certainly isn't gonna help Trump, seeing as that's about all he has going for him, and I imagine looking second best to a woman is gonna lose him a supporter or two along the way.

It's six in the morning though and I haven't slept in a while so there's a chance I'm talking bollocks.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to News and Politics