It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:51 am

Cruz Drops Out of GOP Race

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Cruz Drops Out of GOP Race

Postby BrautFan » May 03, '16, 7:01 pm

Guess we saw that coming. :moocow

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 11

Re: Cruz Drops Out of GOP Race

Postby Circled Square » May 03, '16, 7:36 pm

Sleep tight el rato

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby KaiserGlider » May 03, '16, 8:11 pm

#STUMPED.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby War Daddy » May 03, '16, 10:33 pm

Now to see if the Zodiac killings pick up again...

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '16, 3:29 am

Does this mean Trump gets the Republican nomination now?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 04, '16, 5:26 am

So Cruz realized that he got...................... Trumped :D

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 04, '16, 7:31 am

Trump's won the nomination, now surely.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » May 04, '16, 7:45 am

PorkChop wrote:Does this mean Trump gets the Republican nomination now?

Yep.

And he'll probably beat Hillary in the generals, too.

We are so fucked.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » May 04, '16, 7:51 am

Everlong wrote:

Yep.

We are so fucked.

I really doubt that. It seems pretty clear at this point what is most likely to happen. Hillary wins the general elections, while Republican control in Congress is likely to get even larger.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » May 04, '16, 7:58 am

The Legend wrote:I really doubt that. It seems pretty clear at this point what is most likely to happen. Hillary wins the general elections, while Republican control in Congress is likely to get even larger.

I'm done doubting Trump at this point. When this got started, no one expected he'd ever make it this far. Hillary is just as despised as Trump. I think he definitely has a really good chance at winning it all.

Fuck this country.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '16, 8:25 am

Lol everyone is so melodramatic this election. Policy wise, Trump is a safe president. People will say "muh middle east" but would you prefer a war with Russia? That's what Soros wants. He really isn't that radical. Hell the whole thing about Teds campaign was that Donald wasn't a true conservative. He was a secret Democrat. Blah blah blah. If Trump became president shit would be fine. I don't think it'd get much better but those saying the country is fucked have their mouths wide open an inch away from the medias asshole.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Str8Shooter » May 04, '16, 8:48 am

Everlong wrote:

Yep.

We are so fucked.

I thought last I had heard Hillary was expected to trounce Trump in November? Has Trump closed the gap that much?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » May 04, '16, 9:14 am

Str8Shooter wrote:I thought last I had heard Hillary was expected to trounce Trump in November? Has Trump closed the gap that much?

He's definitely closed the gap some. People despise Hillary (and for good reason), but for whatever reason Trump's shtick is actually endearing him to people.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » May 04, '16, 9:38 am

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:I thought last I had heard Hillary was expected to trounce Trump in November? Has Trump closed the gap that much?

He's definitely closed the gap some. People despise Hillary (and for good reason), but for whatever reason Trump's shtick is actually endearing him to people.

Lmao, what in the fuck is your country doing? There's no coming back from a Trump Presidency, it'll set the US back years, maybe decades, just in race relations alone.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » May 04, '16, 9:53 am

Our country is full of fucking morons so I mean this really isn't THAT surprising, but I guess the moronic saturation is greater than I thought.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '16, 10:16 am

Everlong wrote:Our country is full of fucking morons so I mean this really isn't THAT surprising, but I guess the moronic saturation is greater than I thought.

They have different political opinions than you. That doesn't make them fucking morons. There's valid reasons for someone to support Trump. You may disagree with them, as do I.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Messiah » May 04, '16, 11:34 am

Circled Square wrote:Lol everyone is so melodramatic this election. Policy wise, Trump is a safe president. People will say "muh middle east" but would you prefer a war with Russia? That's what Soros wants. He really isn't that radical. Hell the whole thing about Teds campaign was that Donald wasn't a true conservative. He was a secret Democrat. Blah blah blah. If Trump became president shit would be fine. I don't think it'd get much better but those saying the country is fucked have their mouths wide open an inch away from the medias asshole.

He's a racist.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » May 04, '16, 11:51 am

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » May 04, '16, 12:26 pm

Everlong wrote:

Yep.

We are so fucked.

I still doubt he beats Hillary. The numbers backed Trump to secure the nomination since near the very start. But he's always looked like losing to the Democratic candidate. And in endearing himself to the most Republicans, I don't think he succeeded in endearing himself to the most swing voters. Far from it, I would imagine. I even know some Republicans who would refuse to vote for Trump on principal.

I agree that it's a joke that Trump is one step away from becoming leader of the most powerful country in the world - even if he can't make that final step. It never should have gotten this far. And I understand why people are lashing out in anger and frustration at the moment. It's very easy to see the negative in all of this.

But lets look at what we actually learned here: Ted Cruz will not be the next president of the United States.

How is that anything other than good news?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » May 04, '16, 12:28 pm

Circled Square wrote:They have different political opinions than you. That doesn't make them fucking morons. There's valid reasons for someone to support Trump. You may disagree with them, as do I.

Normally I agree. But if you support trump, you are a fucking moron. End of discussion.

There is no room for the kind of racism and misogyny that he casually spouts in the Oval Office.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Next

Return to News and Politics