It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:27 pm

Cruz Drops Out of GOP Race

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Cruz Drops Out of GOP Race

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '16, 12:39 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:They have different political opinions than you. That doesn't make them fucking morons. There's valid reasons for someone to support Trump. You may disagree with them, as do I.

Normally I agree. But if you support trump, you are a fucking moron. End of discussion.

There is no room for the kind of racism and misogyny that he casually spouts in the Oval Office.

His company was hiring women before it was politically cool to do so. He is strict on border control and doesn't trust those coming from countries who are against the west. I have a hard time believing he is a racist misogynistic pig in real life. How on earth would he even be able to deal with people?

I think it's something much more innocent - he has no filter and has no reason to have one. He doesn't have to play the game. So his thoughts are raw and uncensored.

I don't buy into the divisive politics the media are spewing. I'm not going to call somebody an ist or ism just because they have a different vision for the future than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVVwZVd6ZM

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Hanley! » May 04, '16, 12:47 pm

Circled Square wrote:His company was hiring women before it was politically cool to do so. He is strict on border control and doesn't trust those coming from countries who are against the west. I have a hard time believing he is a racist misogynistic pig in real life. How on earth would he even be able to deal with people?

I think it's something much more innocent - he has no filter and has no reason to have one. He doesn't have to play the game. So his thoughts are raw and uncensored.

Without actually attempting to refute your statements, I have a different angle on a couple of them which might explain why people have such a big problem with Trump's nomination.

1) The way Trump acts in real life is substantially less important than how he acts as a public figure. The voters don't know Trump personally. Like it or not, they're not voting for the more reasonable person that he conceivably could be when he's out of the public eye. They're voting for the misogynistic pig. Which is bad.

2) A filter is a really, really important thing for a president to have.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '16, 12:56 pm

I disagree. We have had presidents who are scripted like it's an episode of Monday Night Raw. Having someone bold would he good. Bernie is pretty bold in his own way. Rand and Ron are bold too. Not in the same way as Trump but they both say what's often uncomfortable to hear.

And i have to ask: Have you ever watched a Trump rally? He doesn't eat Muslim children live or perform female circumcision like you'd expect lmao. It's pretty clean, the only misogynistic thing he has said was in his personal life. He is a rich man who didn't do any drugs, he had to be a bit of a horndog back in the day. It's mostly his opinion on policy, the news, the election, and shots at his enemies.

The fact that Trumps main complaints against him are his personality and not bis policies should show you that they are shoving a narrative down your throat. You will never turn on the news and see people talk about his plans, it's always isms and ists being thrown around.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '16, 1:16 pm

Btw I know it looks like I'm defending Trump and I am in a way but he is not an ideal candidate for what I believe is right. It's sort of like a Sanders supporter defending Hillary lol.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 04, '16, 1:39 pm

Circled Square wrote:And i have to ask: Have you ever watched a Trump rally? He doesn't eat Muslim children live or perform female circumcision like you'd expect lmao.

I would think considering his views on Muslims - the last thing he'll want to do is eat them. Deporting them might be his option.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '16, 1:46 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Circled Square wrote:And i have to ask: Have you ever watched a Trump rally? He doesn't eat Muslim children live or perform female circumcision like you'd expect lmao.

I would think considering his views on Muslims - the last thing he'll want to do is eat them. Deporting them might be his option.

Haha. I don't think he will be deporting any Muslims. Maybe restrict their access to the country, but illegal immigrants might want to look over their shoulder..

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby DBSoT » May 04, '16, 6:01 pm

If this country had intelligent voters they would vote 3rd party after this shit show of an election year. I don't care if you vote Libertarian, Green Party, or just independent, just don't give a vote to the shittiest tickets on record (Trump and Hiliary). I already know I am voting for either Gary Johnson or Austin Petersen. I implore you to look into them or your own 3rd party candidate.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » May 05, '16, 7:29 am

DBSoT wrote:If this country had intelligent voters they would vote 3rd party after this shit show of an election year. I don't care if you vote Libertarian, Green Party, or just independent, just don't give a vote to the shittiest tickets on record (Trump and Hiliary). I already know I am voting for either Gary Johnson or Austin Petersen. I implore you to look into them or your own 3rd party candidate.

If you vote for a different party then you're just helping Trump have a better chance of getting into the White House. Make your point in the next election where a nut job hopefully isn't running.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » May 05, '16, 7:33 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Make your point in the next election where a nut job hopefully isn't running.

Given the state of the republican party, that could be a lot longer than the next election :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » May 05, '16, 11:10 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
DBSoT wrote:If this country had intelligent voters they would vote 3rd party after this shit show of an election year. I don't care if you vote Libertarian, Green Party, or just independent, just don't give a vote to the shittiest tickets on record (Trump and Hiliary). I already know I am voting for either Gary Johnson or Austin Petersen. I implore you to look into them or your own 3rd party candidate.

If you vote for a different party then you're just helping Trump have a better chance of getting into the White House. Make your point in the next election where a nut job hopefully isn't running.

Hillary isn't exactly a picture perfect display of mental health either so I think if you stop one psycho from getting into he white house, you're enabling another one to take his place lmao.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby BrautFan » May 06, '16, 7:35 am

I'm not ashamed to say that I voted for Trump in the primaries. So be it. Whatever trite comment made here is irrelevant. I care about the overarching policies of this country, not the off hand remarks of one person.

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topic Author
Topics: 11

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '16, 8:07 am

BrautFan wrote:I'm not ashamed to say that I voted for Trump in the primaries. So be it. Whatever trite comment made here is irrelevant. I care about the overarching policies of this country, not the off hand remarks of one person.

You smart
You loyal
I appreciate that

Here's a pic of based nash working the wreddit smarks and blowing vanilla midgets who can't draw a dime the fuck out :cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby BrautFan » May 06, '16, 6:43 pm

Some things never change.

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topic Author
Topics: 11

Postby Daz » May 06, '16, 8:11 pm

BrautFan wrote:I'm not ashamed to say that I voted for Trump in the primaries. So be it. Whatever trite comment made here is irrelevant. I care about the overarching policies of this country, not the off hand remarks of one person.

I'm interested to know what his policies are. Pretty much every thing I've heard Trump espouse has been impractical, unenforceable, completely intolerant of anyone not like him (i.e. white) and besides all that, he's yet to provide a logical plan to enact any of the things he has proposed. And in doing all these, he's come across like an inarticulate buffoon who has zero grasp of global politics (stating things like there are no go zones for white people in London because of Muslin terror. London just elected a Muslim mayor which certainly wouldn't have happened if that were the case.) I know more about what he thinks of his own penis than I know about his actual political motivations.

Most of his so called policies seem to be off hand remarks, so I'm not entirely sure what the "appeal" is.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » May 07, '16, 6:13 am

Well at least his tax plan was a lot more realistic than Cruz's. Though not actually realistic or anything.

The idea of Trump becoming president is as horrifying to me as it is to many other people, but honestly in a race that had these three candidates, I'm not sure I could blame anyone for voting for him.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » May 07, '16, 4:07 pm

Having spent time browsing posts of Trump supporters, it's not that hard for me to see why a lot of people like him. There is a growing dislike for politically correct culture, race-baiting/emotion-baiting, and social justice warriors in this country. Trump is the embodiment of that frustration to the extreme. He's kinda like The Joker in The Dark Knight - created by an environment where people are angry or bored with mainstream politics, and want a clown who will turn the system on its head. He has no filter and doesn't care who he offends. Trump's centipedes see that as a sign of a strong leader and alpha male, to the point where they often ignore a lot of his non-policies because they assume he's someone who will just get shit done and won't back down from anybody no matter what. That's not a knock on his supporters who do think he has credible plans and policies.

When the media puts labels on him like "Racist/Bigot/Misogynist/Xenophobe/Hitler" (a lot of which is arguably untrue), it draws even more people to hop on the Trump Train because they feel that they are being shamed and shut out for their opinions by the liberal agenda. The video SquaredCircle posted is a perfect example of the media trying to portray a narrative ("black people can't like Trump") and having it blow up right in in their faces. Demonizing Trump and stereotyping his supporters doesn't seem to do much good, and isn't so different from what Trump himself is accused of doing when you think about it. Lots of people have lost friends and family members over announcing they were pro-Trump because of the stigma associated with it. You can see where it would get to the point where frustration develops and people secretly vote for Trump just to say fuck you.

Also, the Republican field was particularly weak this election. Trump was able to position himself as the funny anti-establishment candidate, and there wasn't anybody in the GOP side who was able to present himself as a good alternative. Trump was the perfect foil for "low energy foolish guac bowl merchant" Jeb! Trump destroyed Bush and won over many fans in the process. Marco Rubio never recovered after Chris Christie exposed him as a robot, so let's dispel with this fiction that Marco Rubio knew what he was doing. Kasich was just in it for the food. The only person besides Trump who people seemed to vote for was lyin' Ted Cruz, and he's even more hated. Trump turned all these politicians into memes.

The general election vs Hillary Clinton (ok... or Bernie Sanders, before I get VaderBombed) could be a different story, one reason being that I'm sure there's people who voted for Trump in the primaries just to keep the entertainment going, as opposed to voting for who will actually run the country. When it comes time to make that decision, we'll see what happens. Personally, I think he has said a lot of really dumb things and he backpedals on issues many times, often coming off as someone who doesn't know what he's doing. I wouldn't vote for him in the general. I'm just trying to show the other side.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby VaderBomb » May 08, '16, 12:50 am

Trump and Clinton are now publicly receiving money from the same super pac donors: big bankers at Goldman Sachs and billionaire hedge-funder George Soros. Please attempt to convince me that these two sellouts aren't political bedfellows. Bernie 2016

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » May 08, '16, 8:46 am

KaiserGlider wrote:When the media puts labels on him like "Racist/Bigot/Misogynist/Xenophobe/Hitler" (a lot of which is arguably untrue),

No, it's not even arguable. The guy is a maniac, he's delusional and he's hateful. And it'll be a sad day for America if he ever holds public office. The fact that people actually try to justify the ridiculous things he says is appalling to me.

And yeah, you're right. The more people try to paint Trump in a bad light, the more people will flock to him. Because idiocy attracts idiocy.

Trump on Women

“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” — from an interview with Esquire, 1991

When a lawyer facing Trump in 2011 asked for a break to pump breastmilk for her infant daughter, The Donald reacted very poorly. “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,” attorney Elizabeth Beck told CNN. Trump’s attorney does not dispute that his client called Beck “disgusting.”

Re; Carly Fiorina: "“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?”

“The most difficult aspect of the prenuptial agreement is informing your future wife (or husband): I love you very much, but just in case things don’t work out, this is what you will get in the divorce. There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else. The other is the calculating woman who refuses to sign the prenuptial agreement because she is expecting to take advantage of the poor, unsuspecting sucker she’s got in her grasp. There is also the woman who will openly and quickly sign a prenuptial agreement in order to make a quick hit and take the money given to her.” —Trump: The Art of the Comeback, 1997

“Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.” — Trump: The Art of the Comeback, 1997

“Rosie O’Donnell’s disgusting both inside and out. You take a look at her, she’s a slob. She talks like a truck driver, she doesn’t have her facts, she’ll say anything that comes to her mind.”

“All of the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.” — How To Get Rich, 2004

“Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”

“I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”

"The only card [Hillary Clinton] has is the woman's card. She's got nothing else to offer and frankly, if Hillary Clinton were a man, I don't think she'd get 5 percent of the vote. The only thing she's got going is the woman's card, and the beautiful thing is, women don't like her."

Trump on Policy/Current Events

“I would bring back waterboarding and I'd bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding." Republican Presidential Debate, ABC News 2016)

“An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud"

On Obama's produced certificate: “A certificate of live birth is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination as a birth certificate.”

On John McCain: "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK, I hate to tell you."

“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”

"I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

“If you can’t get rich dealing with politicians, there’s something wrong with you.”

Trump on Race

“What I won't do is take in two hundred thousand Syrians who could be ISIS” (Face the Nation, CBS – 2015)

“Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”

Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke. OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know. I mean, I don’t know—did he endorse me, or what’s going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so, when you’re asking me a question, that I’m supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

In 1993, when Trump wanted to open a casino in Bridgeport, Connecticut, that would compete with one owned by the Mashantucket Pequot Nation, a local Native American tribe, he told the House subcommittee on Native American Affairs that “they don’t look like Indians to me... They don’t look like Indians to Indians.”

At a November campaign rally in Alabama, Trump supporters physically attacked an African-American protester after the man began chanting “Black lives matter.” Video of the incident shows the assailants kicking the man after he has already fallen to the ground.

The following day, Trump implied that the attackers were justified.

“Maybe [the protester] should have been roughed up,” he mused. “It was absolutely disgusting what he was doing.”

When Trump addressed the Republican Jewish Coalition in December, he tried to relate to the crowd by invoking the stereotype of Jews as talented and cunning businesspeople.

“I’m a negotiator, like you folks,” Trump told the crowd, touting his book The Art of the Deal.

“Is there anyone who doesn’t renegotiate deals in this room?” Trump said. “Perhaps more than any room I’ve spoken to.”

But that wasn’t even the most offensive thing Trump told his Jewish audience. He implied that he had little chance of earning the Jewish Republican group’s support, because his fealty could not be bought with campaign donations.

“You’re not going to support me, because I don’t want your money,” he said. “You want to control your own politician.”

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."

[[[Before you try to justify the above: According to Politico, Latinos accounted for 9 percent of documented sexual assaults in 2013, far below their representation of 17 percent of the U.S. population. Whites, meanwhile, accounted for 71 percent of sexual assaults, above their 63 percent makeup of the U.S. population.]]]

“Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.”

Trump on Trump

"My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure; it's not your fault."

"My Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.”

"Look at those hands, are they small hands? And, [Republican rival Marco Rubio] referred to my hands: 'If they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » May 08, '16, 6:46 pm

Everlong wrote:
KaiserGlider wrote:When the media puts labels on him like "Racist/Bigot/Misogynist/Xenophobe/Hitler" (a lot of which is arguably untrue),

No, it's not even arguable.

It is arguable.

Trump on Women

None of those quotes are proof that Trump hates all women, any more than his insults toward Jeb, Cruz, Rubio, etc are proof that he hates all men. He's an equal opportunity trash talker.

Counterpoints to consider:

“There are more female executives at the Trump Organization than there are male. And women who are similarly situated in positions similar to that of their male counterparts, are actually paid more,” - Michael Cohen, Trump’s general counsel and an executive vice president at Trump Organization

"My own mother was a housewife all her life. And yet it's turned out that I hire a lot of women for my top jobs, and they've been among my best people. Often they are far more effective than the men around them." - Trump: The Art of the Deal

"I’m not a crusader for feminism, and I’m not against it, either. I’m just oblivious to a person’s gender when it comes to hiring people and handing out assignments.” - Trump: Surviving at the Top

Trump Publicly Hires Black Woman at Press Conference

Trump on Policy/Current Events:

There's a lot of ridiculous things here (by Trump). No point going into this since we're in agreement, but I encourage discussion from those who agree on his policies like the Great Wall.

Trump on Race:

A lot of this is implied racism. If anything he's an Islamaphobe, but for the sake of the argument I will respond to the other quotes.

Not sure why you're bringing up the David Duke thing, Trump only disavowed him like 100 times. Or the thing about the black protester. Trump's obviously wrong for saying he should maybe have been beaten up, but he has said that many times about protesters who were white, including one KKK protester that got beaten up by a black Trump supporter at a Trump rally.

The quote about his speech at the Republican Jewish Coalition makes it sound like he was being condescending to them, when in fact he jokingly said those things and got chuckles from the crowd. It also makes it sound like he didn't want their support because they're Jewish. What he said was: "I would love your support, but I don't want your money. I'm self-funding my campaign."

The quote about blacks being lazy would have been a good one if we knew for a fact that Trump actually said that. As it turns out, the quote comes from the book of a former Trump employee who alleges that Trump said it.

The infamous statement about Mexicans is often misquoted and taken out of context. He's talking about illegals, not all Mexicans in the US. As for the Politico statistics, I'm not gonna look up the legitimacy of those because I assume that Trump's version of the statistics is probably bullshit.

Counterpoints to Consider:

"Many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it. But these people are here legally, and are severely hurt by those coming in illegally," wrote Trump. "I am proud to say that I know many hard working Mexicans—many of them are working for and with me…and, just like our country, my organization is better for it."

How Trump Fought Racism and Anti-Semitism in Palm Beach Two Decades Ago

Trump "Very Glad" That His Daughter Converted To Judaism

Trump Works With the Rainbow-PUSH Coalition to Bring Blacks and Minorities Into Corporate America.

https://i.imgur.com/qpJn6FW.png

Trump on Trump

He's an arrogant asshole, we never disagreed there. Nor have we disagreed on Trump being unfit to run the country. I just want to show that this discussion isn't all black-and-white like you're trying to portray it as being.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Previous

Return to News and Politics