It is currently: May 15, '24, 2:39 pm

How is Donald Trump doing?

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: How is Donald Trump doing?

Postby Circled Square » Apr 18, '16, 6:21 pm

BrautFan wrote:Repeal Obamacare and

:deerhead

We'll wear our trucker hats, bring our YETI coolers, dip, smoke, toke, hunt, fish, and make it all better!

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 18, '16, 7:57 pm

Watch on youtube.com

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby BrautFan » Apr 19, '16, 9:07 am

Wow, thanks for the rep point. I'm usually low energy, IRL. I'm super sedentary and morbidly obese. Appreciate it!

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 11

Postby BrautFan » Apr 19, '16, 10:17 am

Honestly, I'm in a state of career flux since the dissertation is defended and I can put that demon to rest (sort of)... and I need more to do. Current job is boring, irritating, but pays the bills. And it leaves me with too much time to act like a moron on the Internet. :D

But I did apply to a job this morning that more fits my goals. Kudos to me. I think Trump would be proud.

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 19, '16, 1:18 pm

Everlong wrote:
VaderBomb wrote: If she was, she'd drop out because clearly the people are for Bernie and the establishment is backing her.

I don't like Hillary and definitely agree she's the establishment choice, but if the people were "clearly" for Bernie then this race wouldn't be close right now. It's not like she's not getting votes. She's still the frontrunner for reasons beyond more significant financial backing from large donors and corporations.

If this were another year, another election, I'd say maybe Bernie would continue to on with his campaign. But like @Hanley! said, doing so right now would be the best way to put Donald Trump in the white house. And say what you will about Hillary, she's generally a terrible person and a bad candidate, but I'd much rather her be making decisions that could impact the next 5 decades than trump, especially when you consider there are at least one or two looming Supreme Court decisions.

Of course, that's a worst case scenario and I'd much rather just see Bernie take it all. But if/when he loses the nomination, he's going to concede to HIllary. Which will probably make the internet explode. But he's already said he would on several occasions. I don't see why he would suddenly go back on his word.

When I say the people are for Bernie, I'm talking about the overwhelming support that he has. The media doesn't talk about it but his rallies bring in thousands and thousands more people than Clinton's. His rally on Sunday brought in over 30,000 people, which is more people that have ever showed up to a political rally in NY. He's received more donations from the people than any other candidate in history.

Like Bernie, Hillary Clinton has millions of supporters as well. The reality is that because of closed primaries and voter fraud and voter suppression, millions of people (many of them Bernie supporters) have been silenced. Their votes don't count. It's fucking insane. Look at what happened in Arizona especially, but it's happening in tons of states. On top of all that, there are people like that super delegate from Alaska refusing to back Bernie after over 70% of the state that she "represents" support him. The amount of effort that the establishment is putting into ignoring and smearing him is truly abhorrent.

The people who support Hillary are legitimately brainwashed by the Democratic party. She's the ultimate sellout politician. The biggest corporate dog in the history of US politics. We can thank Citizen's United for that, a disaster that Bernie voted against and will put an end to when he wins the presidency. I would never vote for her sorry ass in fear of Trump. That's the master plan and I refuse to take part.

Also, Bernie has never once said that he'd concede to Clinton if she gets the nomination. He's stated many times that he's here to win the election. I have no doubt that come November (if Clinton gets the nomination) that Bernie would win the triple threat. He continues to gain voters while Clinton and Trump are losing them.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » Apr 20, '16, 11:01 am

Bernie would be a fool to run as an independent.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 20, '16, 11:24 am

Messiah wrote:Bernie would be a fool to run as an independent.

Manifesto of the establishment.

People power will prevail. I won't give up and hopefully neither will Bernie.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 26, '16, 10:42 pm

Results after today:

Looks like Bernie's done.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 26, '16, 11:11 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Results after today:

Looks like Bernie's done.

C'mon man, don't buy into the agenda. He's not done. The June 7th primaries will be a big kicker, then later on we'll see who gets the nomination and I'd hope that he continues on no matter what bullshit happens.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Apr 26, '16, 11:31 pm

Hillary doesn't even care about Bernie anymore. She's moved on. I'd like to see him run independantly to fuck Hillary over but I don't see that happening. Bernie has made his mark in politics and has shifted an entire generation further left which is IMO a bad thing but we will see who is right in time. Trump had quite the night, which was needed after talking shit about Cruz and Kasich, the two man power trip..

I understand saying don't buy into the agenda but to be honest I don't think the media is against Bernie. It's sort of an anyone but Trump atmosphere when they do interviews. Maybe if Trump wasn't running they would be burying Bernie.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 26, '16, 11:55 pm

Circled Square wrote:
I I don't think the media is against Bernie.

:facepalm

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Apr 26, '16, 11:57 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
Circled Square wrote:
I I don't think the media is against Bernie.

:facepalm

Up voted :^)

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » Apr 26, '16, 11:59 pm

It's the Democratic party itself that has been against Bernie more than anything. Coin flips and cards, superdelegates, a lot of it is controlled bullshit.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 27, '16, 12:10 am

VaderBomb wrote:C'mon man, don't buy into the agenda. He's not done. The June 7th primaries will be a big kicker, then later on we'll see who gets the nomination and I'd hope that he continues on no matter what bullshit happens.

My bad, you're right as usual. My math was wrong.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 27, '16, 11:34 am

I would never say that the super delegates aren't likely going to rig it for Hillary because they probably are. My point is that we need to stay positive and not give up. If people start giving in to the system, that's how they control us and take away our power.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Apr 27, '16, 11:36 am

VaderBomb wrote:I would never say that the super delegates aren't likely going to rig it for Hillary because they probably are. My point is that we need to stay positive and not give up. If people start giving in to the system, that's how they control us and take away our power.

They already have taken over. This whole "muh establishment" meme is literally seventy years too late. Hillary was guaranteed the nomination years ago.

Last edited by Circled Square on Apr 27, '16, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 27, '16, 11:37 am

Circled Square wrote:It's the Democratic party itself that has been against Bernie more than anything. Coin flips and cards, superdelegates, a lot of it is controlled bullshit.

I agree with all of this, but the media has been against him as well. They've been against him since day one. All of the big sources. A lot of Hillary's biggest donors own the big media networks.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 27, '16, 11:39 am

Circled Square wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:I would never say that the super delegates aren't likely going to rig it for Hillary because they probably are. My point is that we need to stay positive and not give up. If people start giving in to the system, that's how they control us and take away our power.

They already have taken over. This whole "muh establishment" meme is literally seventy years too late. Hillary was guaranteed the nomination years ago.

Exactly. That's why we need to continue to rally against it.

It's not a meme, dawg. It's a revolution.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Apr 27, '16, 11:42 am

VaderBomb wrote:
Circled Square wrote:It's the Democratic party itself that has been against Bernie more than anything. Coin flips and cards, superdelegates, a lot of it is controlled bullshit.

I agree with all of this, but the media has been against him as well. They've been against him since day one. All of the big sources. A lot of Hillary's biggest donors own the big media networks.

I don't disagree with you that the media is pro Clinton but the coverage for Bernie hasn't been as bad as it should have been. Trump has had more shit flung at him than Bernie has. If it was just Cruz running I bet the media would be murdering Bernie. Every time I hear a Bernie story they don't show bad soundbites. The only one I can think of is when he said white people don't know what it's like to be poor.

His supporters are portrayed as young people who care about social justice and hate the big banks and wall street. Trump supporters are portrayed as radical hicks who only support Trump because of racism.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » Apr 27, '16, 11:46 am

VaderBomb wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

Exactly. That's why we need to continue to rally against it.

It's not a meme, dawg. It's a revolution.

Bernie has already started a revolution. Maybe it's not the one he wanted or the one you wanted. He's started the long game. When Bernie has passed on he will die in an America that's youth are further left than ever. He has changed the Democratic party forever.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics