It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:39 am

10 years of Twitter

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

10 years of Twitter

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 21, '16, 3:13 pm

Twitter's celebrating its 10th birthday.

I've been a user since 2010 and it's only been since a few years that I've become addicted to it - really enjoy it as a place to read articles on sport/politics; using the list feature to keep track of all football journalists and using it for work has been good also.

I just hope they stick to its essence than the bollocks of rumours suggesting of unlimited characters which would make it Facebook 2.0. It's definitely become more of a news sphere than tweets about what one had for breakfast but its users are down but still like it!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: 10 years of Twitter

Postby Everlong » Mar 22, '16, 11:48 am

Twitter has become one of the best sources for breaking news... but also one of the places where misinformation and half-truths are most easily spread. It's amazing the kind of impact it's had on communication and the mass media... probably more so than Facebook, at least in terms of media impact.

It's at its best during football season for me. I love following along during games and getting breaking NFL news as it happens.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: 10 years of Twitter

Postby Fudgecakes » Mar 23, '16, 6:06 am

Is it weird that I've never caught onto Twitter and made an account? It seems as though so many people use it but I can't even think of one close friend who uses it... and they all have Facebook!

Fudgecakes None specified
Mark
Mark

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Return to News and Politics