It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:08 am

The Republican party has turned into pro wrestling

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

The Republican party has turned into pro wrestling

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 28, '16, 6:10 pm

This is the most I've ever been interested in politics. I've watched the last two Republican debates and they were entertaining as hell. Better than Fastlane. It's dawned on me that the reason I'm having so much fun watching all this play out is that this is not politics. It's WWE. The Republican party has disintegrated; Trump has destroyed it and turned this race into a pro wrestling show.

For too long none of the candidates took Trump seriously. They thought he would self-destruct, that he was just a fad that wouldn't last. Meanwhile he just kept getting stronger and rising in the polls. Statements he made that would hurt any normal candidate only seemed to increase his popularity. It was only after Trump destroyed Jeb Bush and won 3/4 states did the party finally realize that he was a lock to win the Republican nomination and that they needed to focus all of their efforts into taking him down ASAP.

So in the 10th Republican debate a few days ago, Rubio and Cruz teamed up and basically threw everything they had at Trump in a desperate attempt to weaken him. It was like watching a triple threat match.

Rubio especially went balls to the wall, and in the last couple of days his campaign has become completely anti-Trump. He has descended to Trump's level, mocking Trump's appearance and throwing tons of insults at him. Rubio seems to have decided that perhaps the only way to beat Trump is to beat him at his own game. Trump and Rubio are now constantly trading insults. Like I said before, the GOP has disintegrated. It's ridiculous and entertaining.

Then on the day after the debate, Chris Christie announced that he's endorsing Donald Trump. I saw this interview where Christie explains why he endorsed Trump... it's like Triple H cutting a promo explaining why he joined Stone Cold after spending months feuding with him.

This is all happening a few days before "Super Tuesday" (live on PPV?), where a bunch of states will vote on the same day and the 2016 Republican nominee will likely be decided. The question is, is it too late to stop Trump? Is he the Brock Lesnar of this race?

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Mar 01, '16, 10:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: The GOP has turned into pro wrestling

Postby Messiah » Feb 28, '16, 8:20 pm

God Bless our country.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Re: The Republican party has turned into pro wrestling

Postby The Legend » Mar 07, '16, 6:06 am

So this is the guy that is the most sensible Republican candidate, according to multiple people here? Well, that just goes to prove the Republican Party is pure evil and full of Satan's minions.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/10/15/3712634/kasich-tax-spending-plan/

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Mar 07, '16, 8:13 am

^He is, by far, the most sensible Republican candidate. That's not saying he's a good candidate, just that he's nowhere near as fucked up as the rest of them.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Mar 07, '16, 8:28 am

The Legend wrote:So this is the guy that is the most sensible Republican candidate, according to multiple people here? Well, that just goes to prove the Republican Party is pure evil and full of Satan's minions.

Were you expecting a Republican candidate to have non-conservative views? Also if you are going to quote a website about a political stance, please use one that doesn't have nearly as large a bias. ThinkProress.org is about as liberal as it gets. That would be like someone posting a piece about Bernie Sanders economic policies and quoting Fox News. Also, your part about Satan's minions is a bit much, don't you think? I get that you disagree with their policies, but come on now.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Mar 07, '16, 5:04 pm

DBSoT wrote:
The Legend wrote:So this is the guy that is the most sensible Republican candidate, according to multiple people here? Well, that just goes to prove the Republican Party is pure evil and full of Satan's minions.

Were you expecting a Republican candidate to have non-conservative views? Also if you are going to quote a website about a political stance, please use one that doesn't have nearly as large a bias. ThinkProress.org is about as liberal as it gets. That would be like someone posting a piece about Bernie Sanders economic policies and quoting Fox News. Also, your part about Satan's minions is a bit much, don't you think? I get that you disagree with their policies, but come on now.

I would expect the most moderate Republican not to be a total conservative asshat. As for the source, that's fine, but the policy is still the policy. As for calling Republicans Satan's minions, I think sociopathic Darwinistic assholes that feast on picking on those less fortunate than them are evil. Sorry, I can't help that I think about others and want what's best for the group, not the elites.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 07, '16, 6:19 pm

Kasich on surface level is the safest Republican in the race. Kasich is also a puppet for Bank of America.

Bernie 2016.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 07, '16, 9:39 pm

To casual viewers like me who aren't particularly informed about any of these guy's policies, Kasich comes off as the most normal person there. This is basically how the last Republican debate went:

Rubio: Fuck you Trump!

Cruz: Fuck you Trump!

The Moderators: Mr. Trump, how do you respond to this comprehensive Fuck You Trump presentation we put together?

Trump: I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm still winning so fuck everyone.

Kasich: Aren't those nutcases over there just hilarious? Now let's ignore them for a moment as I actually talk about making this country a better-

The Moderators: Thank you Governer Kasich. Now that that's out of the way, Senator Rubio, why does Trump suck?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Return to News and Politics