It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 6:04 pm

Bernie Sanders criticising the puppet show that was the GOP debate

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Bernie Sanders criticising the puppet show that was the GOP debate

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 17, '15, 2:34 am

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolit ... home-early

Good stuff, I can't wait to hear what he has to say on October 13th. Hopefully he doesn't get censored or oppressed.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Bernie Sanders criticising the puppet show that was the GOP debate

Postby Circled Square » Sep 17, '15, 5:44 am

Honestly, the debate wasn't that bad. Bit of Reagan nut hugging, and the crowd was dumb, but overall it was better than the first one.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 17, '15, 8:10 am

Circled Square wrote:Honestly, the debate wasn't that bad. Bit of Reagan nut hugging, and the crowd was dumb, but overall it was better than the first one.

It wasn't a debate.

It was a shit show. CNN proved they had no balls. "Oh hey, tell all the lies, we won't say a damn thing".

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DBSoT » Sep 17, '15, 8:33 am

I didn't watch the debate, but I am just going to go out on a limb here and assume that people that agree with conservative politics enjoyed it and those that are more liberal will trash it because they disagree with the politicians involved. People who grade debates are diluting themselves into believing that there is a winner and losers. You either agree with a politicians stance on any one issue, or you don't. Picking apart debates like they are sporting events is why we can't have civil discourse in this country about politics. It has become ingrained in people that they have to attach themselves to political parties like they are sports teams. Following that team blindly regardless of how wrong and misguided their leaders are. This is for both the GOP and Democrats. Watch the debates and discuss the issues. If you go into the debates disagreeing with everything that is about to be discussed then its really your fault for thinking that you will leave with anything, but a negative view. Of course Bernie Sanders will hate the GOP debate, he doesn't agree with a high % of what they say.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Circled Square » Sep 17, '15, 6:36 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
Circled Square wrote:Honestly, the debate wasn't that bad. Bit of Reagan nut hugging, and the crowd was dumb, but overall it was better than the first one.

It wasn't a debate.

It was a shit show. CNN proved they had no balls. "Oh hey, tell all the lies, we won't say a damn thing".

HURRR CONSERVATIVES ARE LIARS BET YOU WATCH FAUX NEWS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That's not what you said ofc, but if you think everybody was lying about everything, you don't give a shit about politics. I've heard the right say some very illogical stuff, but you can't just plug your ears and watch with a big agenda. I at least dislike Sanders for a reason, but there's things we agree on, I'm willing to hear him out.

Speaking of that - Jim Webb is going to get a chance to be known in the Democratic debate that's coming up soon. If the based southern gentleman Jim Webb gains traction, I'd vote for him if he's going against Trump.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 19, '15, 12:17 pm

Was this the debate when Trump was asked by a person that Obama was a Muslim - which isn't true obviously - and that Muslims needed sorting out? Latter comment worrying, namely for Trump to not criticise or say anything to calm incendiary rhetoric.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 25, '15, 4:44 am

Circled Square wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:

It wasn't a debate.

HURRR CONSERVATIVES ARE LIARS BET YOU WATCH FAUX NEWS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That's not what you said ofc, but if you think everybody was lying about everything, you don't give a shit about politics. I've heard the right say some very illogical stuff, but you can't just plug your ears and watch with a big agenda. I at least dislike Sanders for a reason, but there's things we agree on, I'm willing to hear him out.

Speaking of that - Jim Webb is going to get a chance to be known in the Democratic debate that's coming up soon. If the based southern gentleman Jim Webb gains traction, I'd vote for him if he's going against Trump.

Yes, because being annoyed at CNN for not pulling people up on utter bullshit for fear of losing debates, ratings and support is the same as me plugging my ears and shouting they're all lying all the time.

:fu

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lyonssv » Sep 25, '15, 12:00 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Was this the debate when Trump was asked by a person that Obama was a Muslim - which isn't true obviously - and that Muslims needed sorting out? Latter comment worrying, namely for Trump to not criticise or say anything to calm incendiary rhetoric.

That wasn't in a debate it was in one of Trump's "Town Hall" meetings.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 13

Return to News and Politics