It is currently: May 07, '24, 4:29 am

Kanye West announces plan to run for president in 2020

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Kanye West announces plan to run for president in 2020

Postby Everlong » Sep 03, '15, 8:24 pm

VaderBomb wrote: believe that he'd be a better president than any of those schmucks.

You can't be serious?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 03, '15, 8:35 pm

I wouldn't say that he'd be a good president, but he'd be better than the scum that we've been presented for the past few decades. Like I said earlier, I don't think that he's actually going to run. It seems as if he may just be using his celebrity to make a mockery of the Trump fiasco.

Years ago, Bob Dylan would have been a better president than Nixon. It's the modern version of that, although Kanye isn't quite on Dylan's level. He's about as close as any modern mainstream artist goes.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Locke » Sep 03, '15, 10:24 pm

Disagree, Dave Grohl has a way better chance than Kanye could pray for.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 04, '15, 12:27 am

Locke wrote:Disagree, Dave Grohl has a way better chance than Kanye could pray for.

That doesn't make any sense. Elaborate?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 04, '15, 12:39 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:Kanye's always spoken out against discrimination, homophobia, classism, sexism etc. He actually would make a better candidate than everyone else in the GOP party if we're being honest.

You can't vote a rapper into the White House because he spits lyrics about social issues!

How is he going to run a country, he has to know about foreign policies, he has to be able to sit down around a table with other World leaders who will look to him to have answers about some of the biggest issues on Earth, like wars where people family members can go off and never come home again.

There's a lot more to being a President than solving racism and classism in the United States. He can't just come in, pick one thing, try and fix it, and say he's done with 3 years to go.

I like you but this is hive mind BS. You have too much faith in US "politicians". Have Bush or Obama proved to be experts on foreign poilicy? They're funded by big corporations to increase wealth for the one percent. They don't give a fuck about us. They're jokes.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 04, '15, 12:56 am

Daz wrote:If Kanye is considered a real person these days, I might as well kill myself right now.

Please don't. I enjoy your presence.

Kanye is as real as fuck. Dude's a modern day Lennon or Marley. Respect.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Viazon » Sep 04, '15, 4:03 am

Locke wrote:Disagree, Dave Grohl has a way better chance than Kanye could pray for.

Now him I would definitely vote for. If I could vote.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Locke » Sep 04, '15, 9:25 am

VaderBomb wrote:

Simple, Dave > Kanye on any level possible.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 04, '15, 11:43 am

Locke wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

I disagree.

If this is in reference to my Bob Dylan comment, Kanye is clearly a Dylan for our generation. This man gave us New Slaves, which is an extremely powerful and meaningful song on the level of Dylan's brilliant Masters of War or John Lennon's Working Class Hero. It's striving for change and also giving the world a completely new sound and message. It's a masterpiece and it's not Kanye's only one. Pretty much any song from Dark Fantasy or Yeezus is the tops.

Grohl is cool but he's more like a modern day Tom Petty. A great musician who isn't necessarily a voice for change or humanity, he just gives the world good music.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 04, '15, 11:44 am

Viazon wrote:

Why would you vote for Dave Grohl and not Kanye West?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Locke » Sep 04, '15, 11:49 am

I used to think you were a bit odd but now I can clearly see you're absolutely nuts. :cheers

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Viazon » Sep 04, '15, 11:51 am

VaderBomb wrote:
Viazon wrote:

Why would you vote for Dave Grohl and not Kanye West?

I like him better. Duh.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby DBSoT » Sep 04, '15, 12:09 pm

I assume this is just something that popped into his head and he will forget about it in a few months, but I really hope he isn't serious. People need to learn that just because your on TV, have money, and have a fan base doesn't make you qualified to run the largest free nation in the WORLD!! Even if you agree with Kayne's opinions, the guy would have no idea how to enact those policies. It's like when people saying they have an idea for an invention and then when asked how the invention works they say, "Well its only an idea." Ya, you had a thought, possibly a nice one, but you have no idea how to turn that thought into anything useful. It's the same with Trump and Kayne. They have ideas on stuff that they believe will help, but neither has any idea how to make any of it happen. Yes, politicians are scum bags, but they are also well educated scum bags. It way more important that normal people become educated so that we can decide which scum bag can actually help in the long run. My point is, if you honestly think Kayne, Trump, or whatever celebrity will make a good president then you are delusional.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Sep 04, '15, 12:19 pm

I much prefer Grohl to West as a musician. But I think I'd rather vote for a politician. You know, someone with some of the skills necessary to be effective in a leadership role. Someone with some of the knowledge required to take on such a challenging role.

I know we like to act like politicians all suck, and sometimes they really do. But part of that is that their jobs are not at all easy. Asking a famous musician to lead the country would be like asking an untrained politician to stand in front of 50,000 people with a guitar and play a two and a half hour set. It'd be a disaster.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Sep 04, '15, 12:22 pm

Hanley! wrote:I know we like to act like politicians all suck, and sometimes they really do. But part of that is that their jobs are not at all easy. Asking a famous musician to lead the country would be like asking an untrained politician to stand in front of 50,000 people with a guitar and play a two and a half hour set. It'd be a disaster.

Yeah I can't believe people are actually seriously saying they'd vote for Kanye if he ran.

Where's the leadership experience?
Where's the education in terms of law, foreign relations, finance, etc?
Where's the experience in anything even resembling government?
Do you really believe Kanye can be a level headed ambassador for our nation?

Trump is a fucking tool and would be de facto the worst president we've ever had, but at least he has proven business and leadership experience.

Like it actually shocks me that there's a single person anywhere who'd actually be in favor of this happening.

Plus, it's totally a joke by Kanye anyway.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Sep 04, '15, 12:37 pm

I didn't watch the Kanye speech, but I've since heard that he was apparently rambling and high, so I'm reckoning this isn't a serious plan on his part anyway. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby UTK » Sep 04, '15, 1:44 pm

VaderBomb wrote:If this is in reference to my Bob Dylan comment, Kanye is clearly a Dylan for our generation. This man gave us New Slaves, which is an extremely powerful and meaningful song on the level of Dylan's brilliant Masters of War or John Lennon's Working Class Hero..

Agreed. The part where he says he'll fuck their Hampton spouse and come on her Hampton blouse? Deep stuff.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Sep 05, '15, 6:29 am

Locke wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO. Grohl isn't remotely even close to Kanye in terms of talent and his discography can't hold a candle to Kanye's.

The Foo Fighters are basically a generic rock band that got lucky by being better than bands like Creed and Nickleback which isn't saying a lot.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 05, '15, 7:54 am

VaderBomb wrote:I truly believe that he'd be a better president than any of those schmucks. He's more intelligent, passionate and loving and would actually support the people.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Locke » Sep 05, '15, 8:37 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Locke wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO. Grohl isn't remotely even close to Kanye in terms of talent and his discography can't hold a candle to Kanye's.

The Foo Fighters are basically a generic rock band that got lucky by being better than bands like Creed and Nickleback which isn't saying a lot.

Matter of opinion but I'd say you're so full of fucking shit that your breath must smell like a sewage plant.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics