It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 7:51 am

Kanye West announces plan to run for president in 2020

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Kanye West announces plan to run for president in 2020

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 05, '15, 9:56 pm

Messiah wrote:The more you guys doubt Kanye West, the stronger he gets.

The truth.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Locke » Sep 05, '15, 11:06 pm

It's amazing how Kanye fans just go apeshit over him and act like he's the black Jesus. Yeah, I said it. Why should it be a crime when he calls himself that? You know the REAL black musicians? Well, lemme tell ya..

Muddy Waters
Buddy Guy
Chuck Berry

Those guys were artists, those guys were REAL. They played music to play music, they had SOUL, and Kanye isn't even a shadow of a spit of a piss that one of those three took.

You know who honors those three LEGENDS? Fucking Dave Grohl. On the apparently "worst album ever" as quoted from Metacritic, like oh my God what a wonderful source, omg let's shut off everything..

Foo Fighters - Something from Nothing

Fucking AMAZING SONG in dedication to those guys right there, the first track on apparently a "bad album." Nearly every lyric in that song is homage to those three! Don't believe me? Try Sonic Highways Documentary. Watch that shit and tell me I'm wrong.

Fucking Kanye.. ARE YOU SERIOUS, BRO? You know, forget you people that say Kanye is better than this. Forget you all so hard your family forgets you. Kanye ain't got no soul, all he's thinking about is that big fat ass rich woman ass and all the big dollars he can make. That stupid guy knows DICK ALL about music, heart, or soul. I think the Foo Fighters seem to understand music, how it came to be, and love to respect that fact.

COME AT ME~ Actually, don't, because I already know you're so diluted diarrhea, that I can't even sift nuggets of corn from the bullshit you spread. Enjoy Kanye and swing from his nutsack every day, and be proud and vehemently WRONG like you are now.

I'd still never vote for Dave or Kanye, but by God at least I respect the greats of our time while they respect the greats that came before. Especially when you use an example of a "great" Kanye song and it's a fucking REMIX of a band that made that song in 2001! FFS ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I'd drop the mic but that's fucking stupid, too.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 05, '15, 11:22 pm

Not sure if we're on the topic anymore but I'd still like someone to respond to this:

Everlong wrote:Yeah I can't believe people are actually seriously saying they'd vote for Kanye if he ran.

Where's the leadership experience?
Where's the education in terms of law, foreign relations, finance, etc?
Where's the experience in anything even resembling government?
Do you really believe Kanye can be a level headed ambassador for our nation?

Trump is a fucking tool and would be de facto the worst president we've ever had, but at least he has proven business and leadership experience.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Locke » Sep 06, '15, 12:22 am

Sorry if I got out of line there. I guess the ol' Kanye fans and I (a Foo Fighters fan) have something in common. You talk shit on my shit, and then I lose my shit. I guess I can become a bit of a diva, too. Hopefully I'm not the only one man enough to admit that fact.

Neither artist has any place in the White House. In fact, I couldn't name one intelligent prospect that would be suited to politics anymore than I could say Trump is, but as previously stated, at least Trump has a business sense.. but anyone who isn't a puppet can see he's only there to take attention. I would bet big money that if it ever looks like he might win, he'll drop out and say he didn't want the job.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 06, '15, 12:52 am

There's one thing I need to comment on. I see people saying Trump has business experience. That may be true, but he's been bankrupt a bunch of times, and is basically a con man. I don't think that experience counts, at least not in my book. That's like saying we should let convicted murderers be cops because they have experience with guns and the law.

As for everything else going on... I'll go back to lurking. :P

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 06, '15, 1:10 am

Locke wrote:It's amazing how Kanye fans just go apeshit over him and act like he's the black Jesus. Yeah, I said it. Why should it be a crime when he calls himself that? You know the REAL black musicians? Well, lemme tell ya..

Muddy Waters
Buddy Guy
Chuck Berry

Those guys were artists, those guys were REAL. They played music to play music, they had SOUL, and Kanye isn't even a shadow of a spit of a piss that one of those three took.

You know who honors those three LEGENDS? Fucking Dave Grohl. On the apparently "worst album ever" as quoted from Metacritic, like oh my God what a wonderful source, omg let's shut off everything..

Foo Fighters - Something from Nothing

Fucking AMAZING SONG in dedication to those guys right there, the first track on apparently a "bad album." Nearly every lyric in that song is homage to those three! Don't believe me? Try Sonic Highways Documentary. Watch that shit and tell me I'm wrong.

Fucking Kanye.. ARE YOU SERIOUS, BRO? You know, forget you people that say Kanye is better than this. Forget you all so hard your family forgets you. Kanye ain't got no soul, all he's thinking about is that big fat ass rich woman ass and all the big dollars he can make. That stupid guy knows DICK ALL about music, heart, or soul. I think the Foo Fighters seem to understand music, how it came to be, and love to respect that fact.

COME AT ME~ Actually, don't, because I already know you're so diluted diarrhea, that I can't even sift nuggets of corn from the bullshit you spread. Enjoy Kanye and swing from his nutsack every day, and be proud and vehemently WRONG like you are now.

I'd still never vote for Dave or Kanye, but by God at least I respect the greats of our time while they respect the greats that came before. Especially when you use an example of a "great" Kanye song and it's a fucking REMIX of a band that made that song in 2001! FFS ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I'd drop the mic but that's fucking stupid, too.

You sound like Sting burying Rollins on Raw last week.

I love me some Muddy but that has nothing to do with Ye. They're both amazing. What does anything in this discussion have to do with being a black musician?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Viazon » Sep 06, '15, 2:59 am

KaiserGlider wrote:Not sure if we're on the topic anymore but I'd still like someone to respond to this:

Everlong wrote:Yeah I can't believe people are actually seriously saying they'd vote for Kanye if he ran.

Trump is a fucking tool and would be de facto the worst president we've ever had, but at least he has proven business and leadership experience.

I don't think anyone can respond to this because simply put, every said is true. No one has a response to it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 06, '15, 4:20 am

Viazon wrote:
KaiserGlider wrote:Not sure if we're on the topic anymore but I'd still like someone to respond to this:

I don't think anyone can respond to this because simply put, every said is true. No one has a response to it.
Actually I kind of did... :P

Oh and I forgot, leadership experience?!?! :rotf This guy is delusional enough to think he can just boss people around. That's quite different than leadership. This guys would have more trouble getting the government to work with him than Obama. He's no leader, he's just a douche bag that bullies his employees. That's not my definition of leadership. A leader needs tact, he needs to understand the people around him, he needs to inspire, and steer focus in the direction it needs to go, among many other qualities. His loud mouth personality might work for some of the plebs, but even the Republican party doesn't want to take his shit. He's an ignorant shit spewer, that's burning every bridge he comes by. I would love to see him try to lead. You know... if it wouldn't ruin the country as a result.

Also please don't mistake this as a defense for Kanye. That is an even bigger joke than Trump.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Messiah » Sep 06, '15, 5:23 am

Locke wrote:That stupid guy knows DICK ALL about music, heart, or soul.

I hate that I'm actually going to insert myself into this, but if you are serious, then this is probably the most ignorant statement of the thread.

And that's saying something.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Sep 06, '15, 5:26 am

Some of you guys need to relax. Here ya go to help out with that:

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Sep 06, '15, 6:36 am

Nobody CAN respond to it :p

I'm not really interested in making this a pissing contest about who's better between grohl and Kanye (my opinion should be obvious from my username anyway). It's all a matter of opinion and they're both extremely influential in their genres.

But I've yet to see a legitimate argument that Kanye could ever actually be an ok presidential candidate. This is probably because there isn't one.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Sep 06, '15, 6:38 am

Romo wrote:I can't believe we got 3 pages of posts of Kanye West making a joke at the end of a speech at one of the worst award shows ever created

I'm with you man, but apparently some people took his joke pretty damn seriously haha

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 06, '15, 7:16 am

VaderBomb wrote:The reason that Kanye fans defend him vehemently is because we're forced to because he has so many undeserved haters.

Why does it matter?

You know you sound like a 13 year old rabid fan girl right now?

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Messiah » Sep 06, '15, 7:35 am

The idea of any musician, unless they have a background we know nothing about that would lead to them being a good candidate, as a president or leader of even the worst country on Earth is funny as hell.

A lot of politicians are snakes, but it's still something that requires a crap-ton of work and is one of the most stressful fields someone can get into. 'Ye, even if he had all the knowledge to be a good president (he doesn't, or if he did, would never be able to properly implement his ideas), doesn't have the attitude to handle it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 06, '15, 10:47 am

SortaCreative wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:The reason that Kanye fans defend him vehemently is because we're forced to because he has so many undeserved haters.

Why does it matter?

This is what I'm talking about.

I "sound like a 13 year old rabid fan girl" because I love his music and defend his artistry? It's cathartic for me but I suck beause most of you guys despise him for some bizarre reason or another. Fuck off with these lazy uninspired insults for seemingly no reason.

Back to the president thing. I never said that he'd be a good president or that I'd vote for him. That's why I haven't responded to Everlong's questions (if they were targeted at me).

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 06, '15, 11:06 am

VaderBomb wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:

Why does it matter?

This is what I'm talking about.

I "sound like a 13 year old rabid fan girl" because I love his music and defend his artistry? It's cathartic for me but I suck beause most of you guys despise him for some bizarre reason or another. Fuck off with these lazy uninspired insults for seemingly no reason.

Why do you need to defend his artistry? You love his music, great. Good job, I'm happy for you. Keep on listening to that music and be entertained. Why does the second thing have to happen? I don't think i've ever felt the need to defend a song, artist or group from people saying mean things about it/them. I don't care. I'll listen to whatever I want if I like it. All the hate Nickleback get wouldn't stop me from listening to them if I wanted.

I just don't understand that mentality. It seems childish. Me saying he would be a shitty president doesn't mean I hate him "for some bizarre reason".

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby Viazon » Sep 06, '15, 12:14 pm

VaderBomb wrote: It's cathartic for me but I suck beause most of you guys despise him for some bizarre reason or another.

It's statements like this that makes people get irritated at Kanye fans. Well for me it does anyway.

See, I can understand and accept why people like Kanye for his music. If you're a fan, then you're a fan. I'm not one to judge people on the music they like. But that's what it always seems to come down to with his fans. His music. They seem to take us disliking him as a personal attack on his music. When it isn't.

You post seemed to imply that we hate on him for no other reason than just to hate on him. You say, "for one bizarre reason to another," as if to say the things he says and the stuff he does aren't valid reason to dislike a person. Like his music all you want. But I don't understand how people, fans or otherwise, can read about some of the stuff he says and does and not think he is a complete tool.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby UTK » Sep 06, '15, 12:28 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
UTK wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:If this is in reference to my Bob Dylan comment, Kanye is clearly a Dylan for our generation. This man gave us New Slaves, which is an extremely powerful and meaningful song on the level of Dylan's brilliant Masters of War or John Lennon's Working Class Hero..

Agreed. The part where he says he'll fuck their Hampton spouse and come on her Hampton blouse? Deep stuff.

One of the best verses in all of hip hop.

He's attacking the comfort and privilege of the upper class white man in that verse and relating it to the struggle of his people using sex as a tool for satire and poetry. Kanye is brilliant because he can tell a story with just a couple lines.

You have low standards for brilliance. Even if I agreed with all that, it's still nowhere near brilliant. It's the sign of a lyricist who doesn't suck, I'll give you that. If that's the best hip hop has to offer, I'll continue not listening to it.

Actually, I do listen to a few hip hop artists. I'm a big fan of Chance the Rapper...who apparently has much deeper lyrics on his mixtapes than Kanye does on his best track.

EDIT: But I'll also agree with the Foo Fighters hate. I'll never see anything special in them. "Something from Nothing" could make me fall asleep.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Postby Locke » Sep 06, '15, 2:23 pm

I don't care what you like or what you hate, if you're so infatuated with a musician that you don't call them by their fucking name (ala Kanye West = Ye), and even MORESO on top of that the artist calls himself something special to sound like some kind of Christ AND/OR GOD figure (Ye = Yesus = Jesus = Yaweh = Y = Ya = Ye), you're just fucking out of your mind stupid and you probably should be put down.. seriously, like a dog or cat at a pound. You just.. need that. Hell, the animals don't deserve it either, but they can't talk and therefore are not as fucking stupid as you. I mean, you literally need to go to school and get in a special ed class because you are certifiably a lost, confused, really easily swayed member of society that should probably not be allowed to vote. "Ye." Really? FFS. Every time I come to this forum, I gag. I literally throw up a tiny bit, just a tiny bit, in my mouth.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby UTK » Sep 06, '15, 2:50 pm

^ Idk, that might be a little much.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics