It is currently: May 13, '24, 7:52 am

Wisconsin HS to do random drug testing

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Wisconsin HS to do random drug testing

Postby The Legend » Aug 19, '15, 5:02 pm

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Wisconsin HS to do random drug testing

Postby Circled Square » Aug 19, '15, 5:06 pm

I remember growing up there was this shitty run down highschool nearby.

Most kids were on something it seemed. But how would I know? I was just a kid. It looked bad. A lot of crazy people. A lot of drop outs.

But in Canada all I saw in HS is the occasional x nut or weed smoker.

This seems like a total invasion of privacy to me. But maybe, if I went to the shitty highschool down the street, and not the catholic one in a nice area in Ontario, I'd see this as a necessity.

In conclusion: Invasion of privacy. 2/10 would not bang.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby War Daddy » Aug 19, '15, 6:14 pm

Thank god @Everlong got out in time.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby DBSoT » Aug 19, '15, 7:08 pm

The irony is that it says they are only testing kids in extra curricular activities and that drive to the school. Don't people smoke pot in high school because they would rather stay home then be involved in school activities?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby GNR » Aug 20, '15, 12:09 am

Wait, this is news? They used to do this at my high school 7 years ago but then stopped after they figured out it was a waste of time and money.

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Locke » Aug 20, '15, 5:57 pm

DBSoT wrote:The irony is that it says they are only testing kids in extra curricular activities and that drive to the school. Don't people smoke pot in high school because they would rather stay home then be involved in school activities?

Exactly what I was thinking. Extra curricular kids don't do drugs, they're too fucking busy doing all the shit the school puts 'em up to!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby JPG619 » Aug 20, '15, 6:59 pm

Circled Square wrote:I remember growing up there was this shitty run down highschool nearby.

Most kids were on something it seemed. But how would I know? I was just a kid. It looked bad. A lot of crazy people. A lot of drop outs.

But in Canada all I saw in HS is the occasional x nut or weed smoker.

This seems like a total invasion of privacy to me. But maybe, if I went to the shitty highschool down the street, and not the catholic one in a nice area in Ontario, I'd see this as a necessity.

In conclusion: Invasion of privacy. 2/10 would not bang.

I think it is total invasion of privacy but I can also see a plus to it to. Since if you stop drug use at an early age then there could be a chance the the kids taking the drugs are less addicted to it and can get he required help they need now then when they are older.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Locke » Aug 20, '15, 8:08 pm

^Well I guess I can't speak for everyone, but I was drug free and alcohol free and -everything- free when I was in high school.

Now as a 30 year old, I love pot and booze and sex. Luckily I have enough restraint to control those things (booze sometimes, pot very very rarely, and sex almost as rarely and with my wife only). However, I have noticed many things.

I -could- drink every day.
I -could- smoke pot and even try other things every day.
I -could- have sex a lot more (maybe -everyday-) if I accepted the offers implied AND expressly given (but I denied because I'm married).

I don't do these things because I was taught not to, but realistically the only thing holding me back is my wife. Should something happen to her, well.. My "purity" in high school would probably be a major contributor to my going on a sex crazed drug crazed booze crazed frenzy. I "grew up" married. I went from high school to married.. Now that I'm older and more beat up from "real life," I totally could see myself losing my self control but I haven't yet and it's because of my wife. I love her too much.

TL;DR - invading any kid's privacy in high school might sound good on paper but 3/4 of the people I know from the past in high school are literally 180's of themselves today. Lots of the "good kids" are bad, lots of the "bad kids" are good. However, there are a few "no shit, Sherlock's" in there with really good kids being very super rich/successful, and very obvious bad kids being dirtbags/jailed/dead.

But you can't judge the high school kid SUPER accurately, a lot go bad, a lot go good, and almost 3/4 you'd never expect it.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to News and Politics