It is currently: May 12, '24, 6:28 pm

420 Blaze it

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: 420 Blaze it

Postby UTK » Aug 15, '15, 6:33 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure why so many people are against drunk driving but okay with high driving. I don't care if you think you're a good or even better driver when you're stoned, I'm not getting in the car with anybody on a mind-altering substance.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Aug 15, '15, 10:28 pm

UTK wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure why so many people are against drunk driving but okay with high driving. I don't care if you think you're a good or even better driver when you're stoned, I'm not getting in the car with anybody on a mind-altering substance.

Amen brother, I can't even fathom the mindset that it's ok to get behind the wheel while high.

I don't care if people smoke pot, but don't drive while/after doing it, that's fucking stupid.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Aug 15, '15, 10:37 pm

I haven't driven sober in like 3-4 years and haven't been pulled over once. That's marijuana, not booze, of course. Would never drive drunk. Driving high is great, I'm usually more cautious. Strange how drugs affect people differently.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Postby Everlong » Aug 15, '15, 10:40 pm

Circled Square wrote:I haven't driven sober in like 3-4 years and haven't been pulled over once. That's marijuana, not booze, of course. Would never drive drunk. Driving high is great, I'm usually more cautious. Strange how drugs affect people differently.

You realize that if you were to get in an accident while high and injure (or even kill) someone, that's prison time right?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Circled Square » Aug 15, '15, 10:47 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:I haven't driven sober in like 3-4 years and haven't been pulled over once. That's marijuana, not booze, of course. Would never drive drunk. Driving high is great, I'm usually more cautious. Strange how drugs affect people differently.

You realize that if you were to get in an accident while high and injure (or even kill) someone, that's prison time right?

Not if I change genders.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... es-5773447

Seriously though, I do agree that it's a risk. I haven't gotten in an accident yet and I'm a very cautious, always aware kinda driver so I take the risk. If I go inactive though check the news in Pickering. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Aug 15, '15, 11:03 pm

Circled Square wrote:Not if I change genders.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... es-5773447

Ok completely ignoring yet another jab at transpeople by you, was Bruce even high during this accident? I don't remember hearing anything about that, and I know little about this story as it is, so I dunno. Still, if he was sober and negligent it's a totally different situation than DUI negligence.

There's no room for arguing on this one. If you use mind altering substances and get behind the wheel of a car, you're a moron. Period. Like, I can't even believe you're so lax about this. This is an issue that especially pisses me off, given I just lost a friend to a drunk/high driver in March. If you drive while drunk or high, you are scum.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Circled Square » Aug 15, '15, 11:11 pm

Scum? That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. Again, I'd never drive drunk, I'd never drive on any sort of hard drug (don't do them anyway) or whatever. Hell I refuse to drive if I'm sleep deprived. I know it's hard for you to understand but if you smoke for years and years getting high isn't like what it is in the movies. Besides, since I'm a good driver anyway, the only person I'm putting at risk is myself. I kill somebody, get hard time, that's on me. There's nothing marijuana does to me that impairs my driving, personally.

And on the Jenner jab, I think at first it was said he was texting, then the story changed that he wasn't, so IDK. I was really poking fun at the conspiracy theorists who think he changed genders so he wouldn't go to a male prison. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Aug 16, '15, 12:02 am

Everlong wrote:If you drive while drunk or high, you are scum.

I get where you are coming from and I am not going to pretend like I can relate when it comes to losing a close friend in those kind of circumstances.

However, not every high is the same and it (marijuana) certainly doesn't affect you like alcohol does. I don't think I have ever met someone who flat out couldn't drive after smoking weed. All of my friends drive the same sober as they do high. It actually makes you focus/more cautious, although again this depends on how high you are. I sure as hell wouldn't get on the road right after taking dabs. That would be unwise.

Personally, I don't like doing it. Not because I don't think I can (because I can and do from time to time) but because if I'm smoking, it's because I want to have a chill time. I don't think driving after smoking makes someone a scum, although I can't blame you for feeling that way. It isn't like weed separates you from reality. We're not talking shrooms here.

With that said, it absolutely is possible to be too high to drive. I made a mistake in the past of doing it and got pulled over and I'm fortunate I didn't get a ticket. I still regret driving when I know I shouldn't have.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Aug 16, '15, 4:38 am

Caitlyn Jenner spent no time in jail specifically because she wasn't on anything, and had a clean driving record up to that point. So that's a completely different situation.

I agree with everyone who says that getting high doesn't get you as intoxicated as getting drunk and that it should be legal for that reason. I don't smoke weed personally, but I know plenty of people who do and I have absolutely nothing against it. I'd much prefer it be legalised so they could get it from more legit sources; and so the stuff would be safer and cheaper and nobody would get screwed over by the gangs that distribute the stuff in some countries.

That being said, while weed doesn't make you as intoxicated as alcohol, it still makes you intoxicated and people absolutely shouldn't be driving while stoned. It can slow down your reaction time, it can effect your motor function and visual function. You're not operating at 100% when you're stoned, so you shouldn't be driving. To all the people here who are saying that they're completely capable of driving just as well when stoned, you're fooling yourselves. You sound exactly like every drunk driver, that you probably look down your nose at. It's the same mentality. If you've never been in an accident when stoned then lucky you, but it only needs to happen once to ruin someone's life and/or your own. So cut it out.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby War Daddy » Aug 16, '15, 9:15 pm

Trust me guys, jails a boring and creepy place to be. And's that just county jail experience. Couldn't imagine federal. :crybaby

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Twister » Aug 19, '15, 2:40 am

Weed should be legalised, if alcohol and tobacco are legal I see no reason why weed shouldn't be.

Driving whilst under the influence of anything is stupid though.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Twister » Aug 19, '15, 1:34 pm

This subject really gets on my lactating tits actually. Smoked weed for the best part of six years before having babies, that's a lot of time spent sneaking around and pissing about getting the stuff from dodgy unreliable dealers when a drinker can just go to an off licence or any supermarket and pick up a few beers or a huge bottle of vodka and then enjoy their habit completely worry free. It goes without saying that both carry risks but alcohol is more dangerous than a fucking plant :banghead

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Previous

Return to News and Politics