It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:53 am

First GOP Debate

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

First GOP Debate

Postby SKS » Aug 09, '15, 8:25 pm

Here's the full video if anyone is interested, the debate was on Thursday night. I thought it was pretty entertaining stuff hearing them take jabs at each other. I'm looking forward to the next one.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: First GOP Debate

Postby Circled Square » Aug 09, '15, 11:01 pm

Trump wasn't stumped. It's so obvious that Fox is shilling for Jeb.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 10, '15, 2:50 am

Shit is a horror movie. Got all those big scares.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby lyonssv » Aug 10, '15, 4:55 am

I watched this live. In my mind, a couple people jumped leaps and bounds and I definitely crossed a couple people off of my list. Trump was pretty much what I thought, a circus act. Unless he goes away, might as well hand Hilary the keys to the White House.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby SKS » Aug 10, '15, 4:38 pm

lyonssv wrote:I watched this live. In my mind, a couple people jumped leaps and bounds and I definitely crossed a couple people off of my list. Trump was pretty much what I thought, a circus act. Unless he goes away, might as well hand Hilary the keys to the White House.

I think Trump's going to run independent if he doesn't win the nomination just to fuck the Republicans over since he didn't pledge to support the party. I assume he will use that as leverage to get favors from whoever wins the nomination if it isn't him.

Overall, I think Trump, Kasich, and Carson sounded the best. Trump stayed confident despite the attempts to get him unraveled. Kasich seems like a nice guy and I liked his answer about gay marriage. Carson is obviously a smart guy and he was calm. Christie is a moron. Scott Walker and Mike Huckabee scare me, two Jesus freaks. Rubio seems like a panderer. I'd take Cruz more seriously if he didn't look like a melting wax puppet. Rand seems to not have any respect from the rest of the candidates, and it was a struggle for him. Jeb Bush, well, Jesus.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Postby lyonssv » Aug 10, '15, 5:58 pm

SKS wrote:
lyonssv wrote:I watched this live. In my mind, a couple people jumped leaps and bounds and I definitely crossed a couple people off of my list. Trump was pretty much what I thought, a circus act. Unless he goes away, might as well hand Hilary the keys to the White House.

I think Trump's going to run independent if he doesn't win the nomination just to fuck the Republicans over since he didn't pledge to support the party. I assume he will use that as leverage to get favors from whoever wins the nomination if it isn't him.

Overall, I think Trump, Kasich, and Carson sounded the best. Trump stayed confident despite the attempts to get him unraveled. Kasich seems like a nice guy and I liked his answer about gay marriage. Carson is obviously a smart guy and he was calm. Christie is a moron. Scott Walker and Mike Huckabee scare me, two Jesus freaks. Rubio seems like a panderer. I'd take Cruz more seriously if he didn't look like a melting wax puppet. Rand seems to not have any respect from the rest of the candidates, and it was a struggle for him. Jeb Bush, well, Jesus.

I like John Kasich too. I agree, I think he nailed the question on gay marriage. I just don't think he is "conservative" enough to win the nomination. I put that in quotes because Kasich has the reputation of being a moderate for some reason, but he really is not. His voting record and public statements are all more conservative than a lot of the people running. However, that reputation he has Sours the Republican base. He would fare well in a general election though, I do believe. He is probably who I'll be voting for in the primary. I may be a little biased because he is the governor of my state and I've met him several times because of my job, but he really has been a great Governor and think he would make a very good president.
Cruz actually seems to have made the biggest jump in the polls after the debate. The latest poll lists him second of all nominees behind Trump and had like a 7-8% increase. I was pretty impressed with him. I thought Carson and Rubio were impressive too. I really like Dr. Carson.
I'm with you on Scott Walker, Huckabee, and Bush. No thanks.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 13

Return to News and Politics