It is currently: May 09, '24, 2:52 am

Thoughts on Scientology?

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Thoughts on Scientology?

Postby SKS » Jun 17, '15, 5:42 pm

I watched the documentary "Going Clear" and learned a lot about Scientology. Interesting stuff. Anyone have any thoughts on the religion?

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: Thoughts on Scientology?

Postby Locke » Jun 17, '15, 6:00 pm

I find it increasingly sad that rich powerful people are praised and publicly recognized (without ridicule from the media) for practicing Scientology, when Christianity is increasingly becoming more "criminal" every year. It's all cool and hip to believe that an alien named Xenu placed a bunch of his (alien) people here and blew them up with hydrogen bombs and that their spirits attack and attach to living humans' souls, but talk about a human-being that walked on water and preached love and tolerance and you're out of your feckin' mind.

Anyway, with Scientology, I think it's a hoax to get all the rich celebrities' money, and a penniless bum would likely be turned away in a heartbeat. That being said, as a nerd and scifi geek, I love the story and explanation of their beliefs, either way it makes a hell of a good read and if someone can make their day a bit less shit by practicing and/or believing in it, then I'm all for it.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Kirbi » Jun 17, '15, 6:27 pm

Locke wrote:I find it increasingly sad that rich powerful people are praised and publicly recognized (without ridicule from the media) for practicing Scientology, when Christianity is increasingly becoming more "criminal" every year. It's all cool and hip to believe that an alien named Xenu placed a bunch of his (alien) people here and blew them up with hydrogen bombs and that their spirits attack and attach to living humans' souls, but talk about a human-being that walked on water and preached love and tolerance and you're out of your feckin' mind.

Anyway, with Scientology, I think it's a hoax to get all the rich celebrities' money, and a penniless bum would likely be turned away in a heartbeat. That being said, as a nerd and scifi geek, I love the story and explanation of their beliefs, either way it makes a hell of a good read and if someone can make their day a bit less shit by practicing and/or believing in it, then I'm all for it.

What? This... is not so. It's all about the ridicule.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Locke » Jun 17, '15, 6:50 pm

I don't ever hear ridicule in the media about it (Scientology). Usually just on forums, or comments on the internet. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to News and Politics