It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 12:18 am

no charges for Ferguson police officer involved with brown shooting

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: no charges for Ferguson police officer involved with brown shooting

Postby Viazon » Nov 26, '14, 1:35 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Viazon wrote:I don't know all the facts to this case.

The only thing I know for sure is rioting is stupid and will solve nothing. You are unhappy with the decision? Why destroy and innocent persons store? That's the part that's stupid to me. I'm willing to bet most of the people rioting don't give a shit about the case.

Not that I agree with it but a lot of the civil rights leaders in America encouraged to fight back against injustice. Malcom X said "Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

And what exactly does that have to go with people who have nothing to do with the case rioting buildings belonging to people with nothing to do with case?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Re: no charges for Ferguson police officer involved with brown shooting

Postby Hanley! » Nov 26, '14, 3:31 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I just wonder if it had been a black cop who had shot an unarmed white kid what the reaction would have been? Would it have been just as wild? Would no one have batted an eye? I just think sometimes when issues of racism come up like this people have a tendency to not think 100% rationally. How many of the rioters even have a good knowledge of the case? How many of them were just people who heard a black kid got shot while he was unarmed by a white cop and wanted an excuse to raise some hell?

I think a lot of people are wondering if it had been a black cop who had shot an unarmed white kid, would he have been exonerated without trial. And most of them feel pretty certain that wouldn't have happened. Which is why everyone is so pissed off.

It's noble to try and divorce race issues from this case entirely, but it's impossible to do so. These things are still very much a factor. I'm not completely informed about this case, but when things are so unclear and there's conflicting evidence out there, surely that's reason to go to trial. There's no way that the cop was more obviously innocent than in -99.9932098765 of other cases.

They probably just let him off either because he's a cop, or to try and accelerate the shit storm. There's no way they were going to avoid one, but now it'll be over faster.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Previous

Return to News and Politics