It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:15 pm

Theresa May faces no confidence vote; Tories in turmoil

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Theresa May faces no confidence vote; Tories in turmoil

Postby PorkChop » Dec 12, '18, 12:00 pm

BAH GAWD THAT'S JEREMY CORBYN'S MUSIC

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Theresa May faces no confidence vote; Tories in turmoil

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 14, '18, 6:03 am

She survived, not surprisingly.

The whole political situation is a mess: you have your chancers like Johnson, Gove, Davis and Fox doing everything for their own gain, Farage making noise without any credibility and still getting airtime, and as much as I like Corbyn for some of his policies, I just can't help but feel his whole approach on Brexit (basically to steer it to Brexit and do the deal, which the EU have said is the only one really available, in a different way?) will hurt the people he claims to champion (the many, not the few).

I don't blame him for wanting not to action a no confidence because he hoped the Conservatives did it themselves and in hindsight, he'd have been damaged had the result gone this way if Labour had pushed a no confidence vote. But yeah, I sympathise with Corbyn for at times what is a media reaction that isn't fair to him in its reporting and his policies but I just wish he'd see how damaging Brexit will be.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Dec 15, '18, 9:09 am

I used to support Corbyn (I still do in the sense that he's better than May) but his secret boner for Brexit is inexcusable. It's clear to see that we're voluntarily embracing an unnecessary economic decline, and he's not even providing any opposition to it.

This country is absolutely screwed.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Dec 15, '18, 6:06 pm

PorkChop wrote:This country is absolutely screwed.

Wanna trade? :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to News and Politics