It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:55 am

Trump announces ban on transgender people serving in military

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Trump announces ban on transgender people serving in military

Postby Everlong » Jul 26, '17, 10:15 am

Fuck this piece of shit and everyone who voted for him.

Also, remember that tweet where he was like "I'll never stop fighting for LGBT people!"

Ugh

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Trump announces ban on transgender people serving in military

Postby Daz » Jul 26, '17, 11:16 am

There I was thinking the Republicans were all about the military and investment in the armed forces, now they're actively cutting the numbers. Anyone would thing there's another agenda at work here.

Also, wasn't Trump supposed to create jobs for Americans, not take them from minority groups? MAGA indeed.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 26, '17, 11:24 am

And there's a tweet where he is talking positively about the LGBT.. just shows his craven traits yet again..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Jul 26, '17, 11:30 am

The reddit thread on this is absolutely awful. A very harrowing read indeed.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Daz » Jul 26, '17, 11:42 am

PorkChop wrote:The reddit thread on this is absolutely awful. A very harrowing read indeed.

I arrived at the conclusion "people suck" pretty quickly reading that thread.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby PorkChop » Jul 26, '17, 11:49 am

Also, the fact that the President of the United States is declaring laws like this via Twitter is a sad sight.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '17, 1:56 pm

I remember reading about Columbine, the school shooting, and one of the kids involved was denied by the military for taking anti anxiety meds or some shit. How the fuck did it go from that to trans people serving in the military? I mean, nobody can deny the mental health stats for trans people aren't good with high suicide rates and all. Surprised they were even allowed to serve in the first place tbh.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '17, 1:58 pm

I keep hearing that the trans military community is like a thousand plus deep. Which if true is pretty remarkable, they are a small minority.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Daz » Jul 26, '17, 2:30 pm

Circled Square wrote:I remember reading about Columbine, the school shooting, and one of the kids involved was denied by the military for taking anti anxiety meds or some shit. How the fuck did it go from that to trans people serving in the military? I mean, nobody can deny the mental health stats for trans people aren't good with high suicide rates and all. Surprised they were even allowed to serve in the first place tbh.

Perhaps because a kid unbalanced enough to shoot up a school is in no way relatable to a trans person, and the two things have fuck all to do with one another. Someone's sexual preference, or gender identity, in no way impedes their ability to serve their country.

And you know who else have high suicide rates and poor records for mental health? Fucking veterans. Maybe nobody should be allowed to serve, so we can nip that in the bud too.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '17, 2:49 pm

The reason he was denied was he was taking a medication for something minor. The shooting wasn't expected to happen lol. I would argue gender identity issues are in general a harder hurdle to jump than a typical bout of depression or anxiety.

I don't want to be graphic here but do you know what male to female trans people (post op) have to do to maintain? It's brutal. I can't imagine doing that on a military base. I guess my position is that it should be person to person, case to case.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Jul 26, '17, 2:59 pm

Circled Square wrote:I mean, nobody can deny the mental health stats for trans people aren't good with high suicide rates and all.

Perhaps that's because they're sick to death of not being treated as a real person. A bit like what's happening here.

Suicide is one of the biggest killers of men 18-45 around the world. Nobody can deny the mental health stats for men aren't good with those high suicide rates and all. Perhaps we should ban all men from the military too.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Jul 26, '17, 3:10 pm

Circled Square wrote:The reason he was denied was he was taking a medication for something minor. The shooting wasn't expected to happen lol. I would argue gender identity issues are in general a harder hurdle to jump than a typical bout of depression or anxiety.

I don't want to be graphic here but do you know what male to female trans people (post op) have to do to maintain? It's brutal. I can't imagine doing that on a military base. I guess my position is that it should be person to person, case to case.

It already was person to person, case to case, that's sort of the point. This is just a blanket ban against all transgender people, regardless of their ability to serve, inability to serve, or existing service record ... which is bullshit. Hence the outrage.

Of course, the outrage is exactly what they want, to distract from other issues.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '17, 3:22 pm

Well this move just seems pointless now lol if it was on a case to case basis. Most likely a smokescreen.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '17, 3:28 pm

Plus this ban casts a wide net lmao like all branches of military does that mean you can't be a medical assistant or some shit, hell even an IT workers or secretary or something like that who is trans can't work

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Jul 26, '17, 4:22 pm

Its completely discriminatory, without cause, and the reasoning given is beyond transparent. And what's more, it was announced via twitter, which is just fucking disgusting.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » Jul 26, '17, 8:03 pm

#1. Trump is and will always be a piece of shit.

#2. This is not policy. It is a tweet that is meant as a distraction. It is meant to take focus off the Russia stuff, the Session's bitchfest and shitty poll numbers.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 26, '17, 9:04 pm

Daz wrote:
PorkChop wrote:The reddit thread on this is absolutely awful. A very harrowing read indeed.

I arrived at the conclusion "people suck" pretty quickly reading that thread.

Which thread?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » Jul 27, '17, 10:50 am

DBSoT wrote:#1. Trump is and will always be a piece of shit.

#2. This is not policy. It is a tweet that is meant as a distraction. It is meant to take focus off the Russia stuff, the Session's bitchfest and shitty poll numbers.

People say this stuff is meant as a distraction every time he does [INSERT SHITTY THING], but the fact is these things are shitty in their own right and deserve outrage.

The Russia story is not going away any time soon. Neither are his shitty poll numbers. If we ignore these types of things with the mindset that "meh, it's just a distraction," it will just encourage him to do more shitty things.

Not like he needs any encouragement, mind you.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 27, '17, 3:44 pm

You'd think he'd have bothered to tell the Pentagon before he rushed to make his announcement on Twitter..

A stressful period for those people who are serving and are transgender worrying about what will happen to them, potentially booted out of because they made a choice to change their gender..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby DBSoT » Jul 28, '17, 9:20 am

Everlong wrote:
DBSoT wrote:#1. Trump is and will always be a piece of shit.

People say this stuff is meant as a distraction every time he does [INSERT SHITTY THING], but the fact is these things are shitty in their own right and deserve outrage.

The Russia story is not going away any time soon. Neither are his shitty poll numbers. If we ignore these types of things with the mindset that "meh, it's just a distraction," it will just encourage him to do more shitty things.

Not like he needs any encouragement, mind you.
It's note about ignoring these things, but it is about putting it into the proper context. Trump tweeting this out isn't policy and even if he does enact this, he still likely would have it struck down by the Supreme Court. Similar to his Travel (Muslim) ban. People spent all day talking about his tweet instead of the Health Care vote in the Senate. Luckily Trump lost the Senate vote anyway, but even that fight isn't over.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Next

Return to News and Politics