It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:28 am

Trump: "Fuck the Earth"

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Trump: "Fuck the Earth"

Postby Everlong » Jun 01, '17, 3:38 pm

Trump officially pulled the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord today, joining two other forward thinking nations (Syria and Nicaragua) against the 195 countries that have signed the agreement.

AMERICA FIRST AMIRITE GUYZZZZZ

god we are fucked

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Trump: "Fuck the Earth"

Postby Daz » Jun 01, '17, 3:49 pm

Trump said fuck you to the world, and the world said fuck you right back.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Everlong » Jun 01, '17, 3:55 pm

Daz wrote:Trump said fuck you to the world, and the world said fuck you right back.

Good. It's on the rest of the world to fight back against his toxic brand of earth-destroying bullshit.

Angela Merkel is the new leader of the free world, as far as I'm concerned.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Jun 01, '17, 4:14 pm

Everlong wrote:
Daz wrote:Trump said fuck you to the world, and the world said fuck you right back.

Good. It's on the rest of the world to fight back against his toxic brand of earth-destroying bullshit.

Angela Merkel is the new leader of the free world, as far as I'm concerned.

Merkel, Macron, Trudeau, and with any luck, Corbyn. Hopefully between them they can undo some of the insanity of the past few year. Although now I've said that, things are bound to get ten times worse.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jun 01, '17, 5:07 pm

@Daz, @prophet, @AkydefGoldberg, @Twister ... I'm counting on you guys. We're overdue a pleasant surprise from an election.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Jun 01, '17, 7:10 pm

If you're not focused on bringing in immigrants and imporoving the climate you're not president of the United States imo

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DBSoT » Jun 01, '17, 7:11 pm

Countries Trump has worked against: Most of Europe (Mostly France and Germany), Canada, Mexico, China, North Korea (would be impossible not to).

Countries Trump has worked with: Saudi Arabia, Russia, Syria.

Fucking cuck.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 02, '17, 3:40 am

Corbyn has to win as May buckled from signing a statement with other European countries criticising the decision instead having a cosy chat with Trump. Sure she was 'strong' in her condemnation. Weak and wobbly she most definitely is. I'll be voting Labour that's for sure, but hope the 18-25 bracket that Corbyn is high on get out and bloody vote..

It was an election pledge so he's sticking to that, if he thinks he might get some better deal by going out and trying to come back I'd find hard to accept. The way it's being spun that it's a 'business deal' or a 'deal' that Trump is aiming to do is laughable - it's the future of the planet FFS.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Jun 02, '17, 5:08 am

Of all the things to complain about Trump with, this is the most overblown and the one of the least importance.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby xgamr » Jun 02, '17, 7:51 am

only bright side is it wouldn't take affect until 2020 for pulling out. still stupid move

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Jun 02, '17, 8:31 am

The Legend wrote:Of all the things to complain about Trump with, this is the most overblown and the one of the least importance.

...Surely you jest?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jun 02, '17, 8:30 pm

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:Of all the things to complain about Trump with, this is the most overblown and the one of the least importance.

...Surely you jest?

No not really, Trump is doing far more to damage the current generation of the population than to give a damn about something that will only really affect our great, great, great, great grandchildren. Beyond that something will bring the world to an end. Theories abound. When I was in school a popular one among scientists that the sun would do what stars do and expand until it exploded and sucked everything into its supernova. Human beings have an impact on the world, we can't deny it we change the environment, but we can't stop living in the meantime, otherwise what's the point.

I'd rather see factories running 24/7 so that people living now have jobs than strict regulations damage the ability for people to get jobs.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Daz » Jun 02, '17, 8:40 pm

I think the thing I find most disturbing about this, is it's making climate change, and scientific fact, a politicised right vs left issue ... which is just absolutely ridiculous.

The vice president is on fucking TV, saying he doesn't understand why the left care about climate change so much ... which is again, fucking mental. Not only because of larger implications, but let's pretend for a minute climate change is indeed a liberal issue, shouldn't a person in the position of VP make a consorted effort to understand a large percentage of the people he now represents? I mean what's next, Trump comes out as a flat-earther and globes are branded leftist propaganda, perpetuated by the Chinese?

I mean for fuck sake, the world has gone mental.

I watched a "debate" tonight for our general election. In one breath, people criticised Jeremy Corbyn for trying to peacefully bring about the end to IRA terrorist attacks, then in the next, got on his case because he refused to commit to pushing the red button to launch nuclear weapons. They were literally booing the man, because he'd prefer to negotiate instead of committing genocide. Has the fucking world gone mad or is it just me?

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jun 03, '17, 2:03 am

The Legend wrote:No not really, Trump is doing far more to damage the current generation of the population than to give a damn about something that will only really affect our great, great, great, great grandchildren. Beyond that something will bring the world to an end. Theories abound. When I was in school a popular one among scientists that the sun would do what stars do and expand until it exploded and sucked everything into its supernova. Human beings have an impact on the world, we can't deny it we change the environment, but we can't stop living in the meantime, otherwise what's the point.

I'd rather see factories running 24/7 so that people living now have jobs than strict regulations damage the ability for people to get jobs.

Well I'm glad there are Americans who can be so chill about it while ye destroy the fucking world for our grandchildren too. That's real comforting. That attitude kinda pisses me off if I'm being honest. The future of the world itself isn't of importance? I'm not keen on becoming a victim of a president that I didn't even have a chance to vote against.

Even when you take away the catastrophic impact this could have on the entire world, this is still an awful decision. Because it shows a complete lack of regard for science, and a complete lack of regard for the rest of the free world. It shows that Republicans don't have respect for anything right now. They'll do whatever the fuck they want and won't think twice about who or what they're harming as long as they're making their donors money. They don't have to serve anyone else. That's bullshit and everyone should be furious about it. Everyone.

Almost all climate scientists are agreed on the impact that we're having on the environment, and we're seeing the affects of climate change even today. This isn't some wildly remote possibility that won't have any impact for generations anyway. This could change the world significantly during our life times. Prioritising more factory jobs over the future of the earth is ludicrous.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Jun 03, '17, 5:54 am

The Legend wrote:I'd rather see factories running 24/7 so that people living now have jobs than strict regulations damage the ability for people to get jobs.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DBSoT » Jun 03, '17, 7:31 am

It crazy to me that Trump's argument for this is economics. Many CEOs of major companies have been coming out of the woodwork this week destroying this decision. Even Rex Tillerson talked about why the Paris Climate Accord is necessary. The world is moving in this direction and the jobs now and in the future are in clean energy. Saving minimal coal jobs at the expense of the vast amount of clean energy jobs in the future, is ridiculously short sighted of Trump. If Trump wants to see an example of what a real leader does, see below:

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » Jun 03, '17, 7:39 am

The Legend wrote:I'd rather see factories running 24/7 so that people living now have jobs than strict regulations damage the ability for people to get jobs.

So you want to save an industry that has been dying for many years at the expense of innovation? Even if you think climate change won't effect us for many years, the misguided economics will negatively effect us now. Add to that, we are openly defying our biggest allies. That is a step towards being an isolationist country which is even more of a detriment to the economy.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Messiah » Jun 03, '17, 8:57 am

The Legend wrote:No not really, Trump is doing far more to damage the current generation of the population than to give a damn about something that will only really affect our great, great, great, great grandchildren. Beyond that something will bring the world to an end. Theories abound. When I was in school a popular one among scientists that the sun would do what stars do and expand until it exploded and sucked everything into its supernova.

I hope you don't think it will take a similar amount of time for the sun to become a red giant as it will for climate change to affect the population. The sun expanding is billions of years away, humans in all likelihood won't even exist back then based off precedent.

Signs are already out there for how climate change is affecting the current environment and how it will continue to do so. There is a chance it could affect my generation (to what extent, who knows; could be minimal, could be great). Regardless, just because it won't affect you/yours doesn't mean it isn't something we (or you) should be concerned about. Do you think people of certain race and sex should have taken the same approach back then? It isn't like the vast majority of them came close to seeing the rights they fought for.

With that said, I think the biggest thing to come out of this is how the U.S. is just making themselves more distant from everyone else. I don't totally understand the agreement but since Trump can't formally get out of it until 2020, we still have to abide by it right? Considering I'm 100% positive Trump isn't going to see a second term, I'm not as concerned about the climate side of this as I would be otherwise (yet). Even though it is still a moronic move.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Daz » Jun 03, '17, 10:00 am

Arguing against the Paris agreement from an economic standpoint is something else I just don't understand. It may keep/create coal jobs in the very short time, but it's an industry that has been dying for decades. Renewable energy is growing at a much faster rate. Wouldn't it be better for the economy (and for unemployment) to spend money on creating jobs in those fields? Wouldn't that work for everybody? I know that might seem pretty callous to coal miners who just want to feed their families, but fuck, the writing has been on the wall for a long time.

Every part of the US withdrawing seems to shortsighted. Not only from an environmentalist point of view, but when you're already on shaky ground with your allies, giving them more ammunition to wash their hands of you doesn't seem like the smartest diplomatic strategy. Furthermore, it's created an even greater rift in an already divided country, you have cities and populations of people openly defying the wishes of the President and organising their own agreements (which all seems a little bit civil war-y to me) and it paints the Republican party in a negative light, not just domestically but globally as well, for allowing Trump to do this. Their ineffectiveness in challenging him and excusing his controversial actions has already stained by him in some people's eyes.

I'm rambling, and I don't really know what I'm talking about, but suffice it to say, on the surface, this doesn't seem very smart politically.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Jun 04, '17, 3:40 pm

The Legend wrote:No not really, Trump is doing far more to damage the current generation of the population than to give a damn about something that will only really affect our great, great, great, great grandchildren

More like our grandchildren, in the most realistic scenarios. we are less than 100 years away from disaster based on models presented by virtually all reputable climate scientists.

The United States is the second largest carbon emitter in the world. We owe it to the rest of the world to commit to cleaning up our act. Doing so not only jeopardizes Americans, but the entire rest of the world.

We are all humans and citizens of this planet first and foremost. It's the only one we have. We have to do what we can to avoid the worst case scenarios.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Next

Return to News and Politics