It is currently: Apr 16, '24, 4:29 am

UK General Election on June 8th

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: UK General Election on June 8th

Postby Hanley! » Jun 09, '17, 11:00 pm

But you took a big step towards sanity in a very short period of time. The sane people in the world need to cling to whatever small political victories we can right now, okay? :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Jun 10, '17, 12:18 am

And chances are we'll be doing this all again before the years end, when we can finish the job.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 10, '17, 10:23 am

Contrast to this election being announced, when there was apathy to having to go through another vote, if there's a second one in October, many more people will be going - hopefully - to vote Labour.

Also, fuck off to Labour people to Chuka Umunna who shitted on Corbyn but now happy to work in the Shadow Cabinet with a future in government looming.. old Tony Blair has gone bit quiet now hasn't he compared to before the election..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Postby Daz » Jun 10, '17, 1:43 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Contrast to this election being announced, when there was apathy to having to go through another vote, if there's a second one in October, many more people will be going - hopefully - to vote Labour.

Also, fuck off to Labour people to Chuka Umunna who shitted on Corbyn but now happy to work in the Shadow Cabinet with a future in government looming.. old Tony Blair has gone bit quiet now hasn't he compared to before the election..

Yes indeed, fuck those Blairite Centrist Tory-Lite bastards, may they fade into obscurity where they belong.

I would hope your assertion about another election is right. The turnout for this one was great, but I fear not quite getting the result may turn off a lot of the young voters.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Jun 10, '17, 1:58 pm

If the coalition government collapses in the next year, historically that would suggest Labour are likely to pick up more seats. Hopefully the party can find a little cohesion before that happens.

I'm sick of parties on the left being afraid to actually be on the bloody left. It makes sense considering how biased the media is against the likes of Corbyn, but a lot of voters are capable of seeing through that these days. And I think people would respond more to a party that was a true alternative to the Tories. Corbyn represents that.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 11, '17, 11:54 am

Corbyn has got such a spring in his step post-election judging by his interview with Andrew Marr this morning, asked about being around for the long run, he says: "Look at me, I've got youth on my side" ;)

Meanwhile, Boris rejects rumours of mounting a campaign to run as leader (of course he will, he's gagging for the job the bloody charlatan) and leaks a WhatsApp message in which he lists his points of support for May/Conservatives. All a ploy to build up his own credentials for the big job.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Previous

Return to News and Politics