It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:32 am

Terrorist incident at Westminster

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Terrorist incident at Westminster

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 22, '17, 2:22 pm

Sad news that four people including a policeman and the murderous criminal who undertook the act was killed.

It seems he took a 4x4, drove it across Westminster Bridge, injuring many people and crashed in front of the exit where many MPs leave the Houses of Parliament. He then stabbed a policeman and was then shot dead.

UK security services had been conducting tests for days like this and it shows how quick the response was put it into action and the inspiring work of the ambulance services, police.

Sadly, you have a few shitstains either in person at the scene making political points for their own agendas and on social media so it's simply a fuck you to them all. Also many people on Twitter naming the name of the suspect who it turns out is in jail - how about waiting for official news than speculating ffs

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Terrorist incident at Westminster

Postby Circled Square » Mar 22, '17, 2:45 pm

RIP to the victims the perpetrator can be tortured in hell for eternity.

But what expression is that face trying to convey? Sadness? Indifference? Seen it all over Twitter not sure what I think of it.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Daz » Mar 22, '17, 3:03 pm

By that face, I assume you mean the woman in the hijab, in which case I think she is clearly in shock. Her expression to me is no more indifferent than either of the men pictured.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Circled Square » Mar 22, '17, 3:09 pm

Yeah I can see that. At first glance I thought the optics of the picture was not good, having the woman in the hijab just walk on by as she covers her face to avoid the cameras. She's probably telling her family she's alright.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Daz » Mar 22, '17, 3:14 pm

Unfortunately it does feel somewhat like a maliciously opportunistic photo.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Mar 22, '17, 4:12 pm

Daz wrote:Unfortunately it does feel somewhat like a maliciously opportunistic photo.

That's exactly what it is. Because of course, she definitely knew it was a Muslim behind the attack, and clearly wanted to show support for his actions, in the middle of the crime scene, while the world was watching. Anyone who questions her expression or criticises her is a fucking idiot.

Sadly, it didn't take long for people to use the incident to promote their political agenda. We know nothing about the perpetrator as of yet other than he was brown, but that's enough for some people.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Circled Square » Mar 22, '17, 4:30 pm

Let's not act like it was just the right using this as an opportunity. I've seen some Olympic level virtue signaling today.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Mar 23, '17, 11:33 am

Terrible story. This whole "plowing people over by driving a car through a crowd" thing is really becoming quite the trend, eh? Happened in France, and at least one other place last year, then London.

Also, this was done on the one year anniversary of the Brussels attacks. Coincidence?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Twister » Mar 23, '17, 12:04 pm

Circled Square wrote:RIP to the victims the perpetrator can be tortured in hell for eternity.

But what expression is that face trying to convey? Sadness? Indifference? Seen it all over Twitter not sure what I think of it.

There was a picture taken yesterday of a white man doing exactly the same thing yet unsurprisingly it hasn't had half the publicity. This is yet again another example of something being taken completely out of context in order to plug an agenda. It's actually quite sickening, I bet the poor woman is horrified having her picture taken and shared all over social media like that. She was probably on the phone to a loved one or something.

The car he used was hired from a place in my town which is kind of scary. What's even more scary is that he was a teacher and had children. At least now he's dead he won't be able to cause any more harm, although of course there's usually somebody to fill the gap unfortunately. Police and medical professionals did an excellent job.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 24, '17, 8:21 am

Yes there was another picture of a white man walking past, again, no wide spread insinuations on his intentions. Anyone trying to do so with the girl in the hijab has their own intentions it seems..

I don't think a lone attacker suggests slot for the 'jihad' and the response of the police helped minimise his damage.

The voices of people who spread hate are utterly infuriating especially the media platforms they are given.

Last edited by AkydefGoldberg on Mar 24, '17, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 24, '17, 9:50 am

Circled Square wrote:RIP to the victims the perpetrator can be tortured in hell for eternity.

Now you know

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Mar 24, '17, 12:03 pm

Thanks AKY I was coming here to post the exact same thing. The idiots who doubted or judged this woman based on literally a snapshot should be utterly ashamed of themselves. She did not deserve the publicity she has recieved, I'm angry in her behalf.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Return to News and Politics