It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:36 am

Donald Trump is going to be the next president

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Donald Trump is going to be the next president

Postby The Legend » Nov 10, '16, 5:16 am

@Everlong

This has stopped being funny, can we please ban this troll now.

Sign my petition

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby The Legend » Nov 10, '16, 6:20 am

Everlong wrote:I would willingly let the Packers go winless for the next three seasons if it meant no Donald Trump as president.

I too would like to offer up suffering through three straight Browns winless seasons if it meant no Donald Trump as president.

Oh wait never mind, the Browns aren't going to win a game the next three seasons and Donald Trump will be president. :crybaby :cussing :crybaby :cussing :crybaby :cussing

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Nov 10, '16, 8:04 am

Incase you were still interested wondering how Trump won. It is because Democrats failed. They didn't turn out to vote. May it be because Hillary was trash or because of complete laziness, here we are.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby DBSoT » Nov 10, '16, 9:31 am

And to the surprise of no one, people are acting like children.

Person 1: Our candidate lost!
Person 2: What? How? I can't believe how racist this country is.
Person 1: I know right?
Person 3: Guys, voter turnout was the lowest in years. Democrats didn't show up.
Person 1: Its the systems fault. Protest the system.
Person 2: Let's burn shit
Person 3: Or you could both have actually voted during the election.
Person 1: Nope, its the systems fault.
Person 3: *Mumbles under breath* Talking just like a Trump supporter
Person 1: WHATS THAT?!
Person 3 Nothing, you have fun with Lady Gaga.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Nov 10, '16, 9:46 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people protesting. You get large groups together, of course there are going to be some idiots. But I 100% support any protests happening across the nation.

Also, @The Legend, agreed about the novelty account. It's gone.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Viazon » Nov 10, '16, 9:54 am

I feel like this whole world is going backwards.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby DBSoT » Nov 10, '16, 9:56 am

Everlong wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with people protesting. You get large groups together, of course there are going to be some idiots. But I 100% support any protests happening across the nation.

Also, @The Legend, agreed about the novelty account. It's gone.
Where were these people when voting was going on? Bitching about it after the fact is just childish. They had a chance to stop this monster from being president and they didn't show it in the voting booth. Claiming the system is at fault now is the same shit that Trump supporters were doing a week ago. They need to look at themselves and their fellow Democrats and figure out what went wrong. They lost this election because of voter apathy for Hillary. Republicans voting turnout was down as well, but they at still turned out enough to get Trump elected. Look at the chart I listed above, it is pathetic how the Democrats fucked themselves.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Nov 10, '16, 10:15 am

^^Chances are anyone who cares enough to go out and protest DID make their votes heard, and DID do their part to try to prevent this atrocity from happening.

What, do you want people to just lie down and get fucked now that the wrong person got voted in?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 10, '16, 10:21 am

16 people out of how many? Tens of thousands of peaceful protesters. There's always going to be some bad apples in a group that big. It's also hilarious how Trump supporters are saying that they would have handled things well if they had lost and not done this. Really!? They want to believe that Team Trump wouldn't have thrown a fit if he lost. He was ready to sue people and protest the very election and not accept the result himself.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Nov 10, '16, 10:44 am

Everlong wrote:^^Chances are anyone who cares enough to go out and protest DID make their votes heard, and DID do their part to try to prevent this atrocity from happening.

What, do you want people to just lie down and get fucked now that the wrong person got voted in?
No, I want them to have this same anger towards their own party. Their party failed them and they should be dealing with that. They can protest all they want, but it a futile effort and one that is misguided. What is protesting going to accomplish? They didn't take Trump seriously and neither did their voter base. That apathy led to him being elected.

Str8Shooter wrote:16 people out of how many? Tens of thousands of peaceful protesters. There's always going to be some bad apples in a group that big. It's also hilarious how Trump supporters are saying that they would have handled things well if they had lost and not done this. Really!? They want to believe that Team Trump wouldn't have thrown a fit if he lost. He was ready to sue people and protest the very election and not accept the result himself.
I am not talking about the violence that was part of the protests. It the protest themselves. It is a bunch of children protesting a result they could have prevented. Where is the anger for the Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania Democrats that didn't show up.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Nov 10, '16, 11:20 am

The left blew their loads too early and turned Islamophobia Sexism and racism into memes. Whiteys everywhere went into the booth and voted for Trump because the whole world told them they're evil racist Nazis if they aren't #withher

Speaking of being with her, her entitlement didn't help at all, it's like she thought it was her destiny to win. Plus she's a branch of the same establishment tree that has had rotting apples shitting up everyone's yard for the past decade.Democrats bet on the wrong horse.

Don't forget, Trump won his primaries handily, Hillary just scraped by Bernie. She was never a dominant candidate not even in her own party. Trump had a better message too, he is basically a giant fuck you to the people who have caused average Americans so much suffering.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Everlong » Nov 10, '16, 12:11 pm

Circled Square wrote:The left blew their loads too early and turned Islamophobia Sexism and racism into memes. Whiteys everywhere went into the booth and voted for Trump because the whole world told them they're evil racist Nazis if they aren't #withher

This is bullshit. 100% bullshit. Just because the presence of islamophobia, sexism and racism is more obvious now than it's ever been doesn't mean it didn't exist before. Don't blame the people for trying to get others to wake the fuck up to the presence of hate, blame the people who actively hate or make excuses for those who do, like you.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 10, '16, 12:31 pm

DBSoT wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:16 people out of how many? Tens of thousands of peaceful protesters. There's always going to be some bad apples in a group that big. It's also hilarious how Trump supporters are saying that they would have handled things well if they had lost and not done this. Really!? They want to believe that Team Trump wouldn't have thrown a fit if he lost. He was ready to sue people and protest the very election and not accept the result himself.
I am not talking about the violence that was part of the protests. It the protest themselves. It is a bunch of children protesting a result they could have prevented. Where is the anger for the Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania Democrats that didn't show up.

I'm assuming if they care enough to go out into the streets in their free time, they probably voted and did their part to try and prevent this. How are they supposed to show their displeasure at this turn of events? They don't like Donald Trump, not because he's a Republican and won the vote, because he is a hate spewing goof and has offended many many people with his actions and words and they don't believe he's fit to be commander in chief.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Nov 10, '16, 1:00 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
DBSoT wrote:

I'm assuming if they care enough to go out into the streets in their free time, they probably voted and did their part to try and prevent this. How are they supposed to show their displeasure at this turn of events? They don't like Donald Trump, not because he's a Republican and won the vote, because he is a hate spewing goof and has offended many many people with his actions and words and they don't believe he's fit to be commander in chief.
I am angry as the next person that Trump is going to be President, but I also realize that protesting in the streets is the same shit that Trump supporters were threatening when it looked like Trump was losing. I ask again, what does this accomplish? What, so the rest of the world knows that we don't all like Trump? It isn't going to change the results. The voter turnout proves that America doesn't like Trump. It also proves that just as many people don't like Hillary. Hence, why six million less Democrats voted in this election. This is like when a sports team loses a big game, it is always the refs or leagues fault, but they fail to talk about what their team did wrong. The Democrats backed the wrong horse and we all suffer because of it. They talked for months about how Trump was the worst thing to happen to America in nearly forever, but the day the had a chance to stop him, they balked. So fuck them and the Trump supporters. They made their bed, now sleep in it.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Daz » Nov 10, '16, 1:27 pm

I disagree with you as far as not protesting goes. There is nothing wrong with protesting as far as I'm concerned, as long as you don't use it as an excuse to be violent. I'm extremely frustrated with a lot of the "your team lost" sentiment being thrown around in regards to the result. The same thing happened after Bexit. It's such a redundant mindset. It's not about teams. I didn't lose, the people who voted for Clinton didn't lose. It's our opinion that the country lost and will now be in a far worse position than it was before. It's even more applicable, in my opinion, when the so called winning side, is a side that has openly promoted hatred towards minorities and women. It doesn't matter whether that's what Brexit was "really" about, or whether Trump really is a misogynist, racist, xenophobe, so on and so forth, the result has validated the opinions of those who are and created more divisiveness between people than ever before. And the anger, sadness and disappointment that comes along with that should absolutely be voiced. Protesting is the best way to do that.

I will agree with you however, in regards to apathetic voting. Almost 50% of people eligible to vote did not vote, and that is absolutely pathetic.Thousands of people voted for a dead gorilla. Also pathetic. People who turn voting for the leader of their country, especially when your country is as influential on the world stage as America, is absolutely pathetic.

Also, random and slightly off topic, but I keep seeing "people wanted a change" etc. in regards to how and why Trump got elected. Maybe I'm missing something, but to me, it's baffling that a white, billionaire elitist who's not overly fond of brown people and wants to help his rich friends by taxing them less is considered a change. That seems to be the only type of leader we brew in the UK.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Circled Square » Nov 10, '16, 1:33 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:The left blew their loads too early and turned Islamophobia Sexism and racism into memes. Whiteys everywhere went into the booth and voted for Trump because the whole world told them they're evil racist Nazis if they aren't #withher

This is bullshit. 100% bullshit. Just because the presence of islamophobia, sexism and racism is more obvious now than it's ever been doesn't mean it didn't exist before. Don't blame the people for trying to get others to wake the fuck up to the presence of hate, blame the people who actively hate or make excuses for those who do, like you.

The boy who cried wolf. Call everyone a racist say anyone with insert right wing viewpoint here is Hitler and act shocked when people don't believe you when you start labeling Trump the same way. You lost the persuasion game.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Daz » Nov 10, '16, 1:39 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Everlong wrote:

The boy who cried wolf. Call everyone a racist say anyone with insert right wing viewpoint here is Hitler and act shocked when people don't believe you when you start labeling Trump the same way. You lost the persuasion game.

Trump literally talked about rounding people up en masse and putting Muslims on some sort of register. That's Hitler esque behaviour and it should have been clear to pretty much everyone. And at a certain point, it shouldn't be considered a game at all. People who espouse some of the view points he has, are dangerous and encourage violence against certain groups. It emboldens people to act in horrific ways to other people, which isn't acceptable whether you're a left wing liberal or a right wing conservative, and that is not good for your country, or any country.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Nov 10, '16, 1:57 pm

BAH GAWD!! IT'S BERNIE SANDERS!!
BERNIE SANDERS IS CASHING IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK TO SAVE AMERICA!!!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Chewy » Nov 10, '16, 6:51 pm

DBSoT wrote:
Incase you were still interested wondering how Trump won. It is because Democrats failed. They didn't turn out to vote. May it be because Hillary was trash or because of complete laziness, here we are.

Wow, that vote turnout in itself is terrible considering your population. I was commenting to my wife about how few votes seemed to be in considering the size of some cities.

I'm not so much sure that Trump won as Hillary lost it.

How amazing is that? She was ordained as soon as her husband left office to be the first female president, had the most celebrity and media support as any candidate has ever had and still lost.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Hanley! » Nov 10, '16, 7:10 pm

I'm too lazy and too drained to list all of the reasons that I'm more appalled and worried by this result than that of any other election in my life time. So I just wanted to take a quick moment to look at another side of this.

Can we all agree now that the two year long American presidential campaigns and media frenzies should end here? This election has clearly shown that they don't work. I live on the other side of the Atlantic and I haven't been able to escape news of this election since forever. This particular election cycle must have generated more press and publicity than any other in human history, and the voter turnout sucked. Some of that is going to be down to the standard of the candidates, but I think a lot of it was that people were just fucking sick of the whole thing by the time they were finally being asked to vote.

You don't need to drag these things out forever. It's not making people more engaged with politics.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics